Talk to me about the 30 cal cans on the market

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Re: Talk to me about the 30 cal cans on the market

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Gary_SilencerCo wrote:9 cone baffles , Stellite it the baffle material. The rest of it is stainless steel.
I am loving mine.
WOW! 9 cone baffles in a 9 inch can! I bet it's cramped in there. :lol:
Gary_SilencerCo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Gary_SilencerCo »

L1A1Rocker wrote:
Gary_SilencerCo wrote:9 cone baffles , Stellite it the baffle material. The rest of it is stainless steel.
I am loving mine.
WOW! 9 cone baffles in a 9 inch can! I bet it's cramped in there. :lol:
oh it is.
cramped full, of awesome.
Gary Hughes
SILENCERCO
National Sales Manager
[email protected]
www.silencerco.com
801-417-5384
Gary_SilencerCo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Gary_SilencerCo »

everyusernametaken wrote:
I am loving mine.
Since you're here, are the Specwar baffles also used in the Saker? Just a point of curiosity. They look damn similar to me.

Also, I saw the photo of the Saker 7.62 in the manual for my Saker 5.56. Haven't seen any other photos of it anywhere else. Is it essentially a Specwar 7.62 with the different blast baffle? It looks VERY long in the photo, much longer than the Saker 5.56, looks to be around the length of the Specwar 7.62.
Specwar's do not have the Hoplon Blast baffle, but the whole stack of both the Specwars and Saker are Stellite.
Specwar 5.56 sits @ 7.3" and Specwar 7.62 is 9"
The expansion chamber in the 762 is where a lot of the length comes from...Remember the Specwar is a real .308 can, and is magnum rated. It is not a 556 can adapted for .30, as a lot of general use cans are these days. it wasn't made for that, or even to compete with that.
Gary Hughes
SILENCERCO
National Sales Manager
[email protected]
www.silencerco.com
801-417-5384
gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunningbadger »

Gary_SilencerCo wrote:
I am loving mine.
Since you're here, are the Specwar baffles also used in the Saker? Just a point of curiosity. They look damn similar to me.

Also, I saw the photo of the Saker 7.62 in the manual for my Saker 5.56. Haven't seen any other photos of it anywhere else. Is it essentially a Specwar 7.62 with the different blast baffle? It looks VERY long in the photo, much longer than the Saker 5.56, looks to be around the length of the Specwar 7.62.
Specwar's do not have the Hoplon Blast baffle, but the whole stack of both the Specwars and Saker are Stellite.
The expansion chamber in the 762 is where a lot of the length comes from...Remember the Specwar is a real .308 can, and is magnum rated. It is not a 556 can adapted for .30, as a lot of general use cans are these days. it wasn't made for that, or even to compete with that.
Paid for mine today! Helluva deal. I can't wait. And the Spectre 2 as well!!
everyusernametaken
Senior Silent Operator

Post by everyusernametaken »

Gary_SilencerCo wrote:
I am loving mine.

Good info, thanks. Especially about the Stellite material, I was wondering what that secret alloy is that you guys are using.

I take it the Saker 7.62 will also be 300WM-rated as the Specwar 7.62 is?

I would buy a Saker 7.62 immediately if they were available, since I've already invested in the Saker flash hider mounts and it would be nice to be able to swap it onto my 5.56 hosts.
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

I thought they both used the Tri-Fecta mount?

I think I need to call my dealer and get paperwork started on a Specwar 7.62 tomorrow.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K
Andrew@Silencerco
Silent But Deadly

Post by Andrew@Silencerco »

MJF1911 wrote:I thought they both used the Tri-Fecta mount?

I think I need to call my dealer and get paperwork started on a Specwar 7.62 tomorrow.

They both have a Trifecta flash hider option but the way the can mounts to the hider is different. The Specwar uses an ASR Trifecta flash hider, The Saker uses the Saker Trifecta flash hider. The Saker is designed so that you can swap out the mounting portion of the suppressor to run it with other style flash hiders. The Specwar's ASR mount is a permanent part of the can. Below are the differences in the hiders.

Saker Trifecta

Specwar ASR Trifecta
Andrew Herbst
Silencerco/SWR
Customer Service
801-417-5384
[email protected]
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

Paid for mine today! Helluva deal. I can't wait. And the Spectre 2 as well!![/quote]

You'll LOVE the Spectre 2. I have 2 of em and love them both equally! As well as the help I've received via phone when I called SWR with questions about my Octane 9. (Waiting to send off a Form 4 for the Octane 45 now)
I've gotta stop this habit.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Hmmm... late to the party.

Saw a post here about QD not being important. So be an opinion. I never change out hosts when I'm in the field. Only when I'm doing the check out the cool toys thing on a range. IMHO, the QD option has value relative being able to use a specific suppressor on multiple hosts. I use a 30 cal. YHM 7.62 can on several hosts, 30 cal. and more often, on 5.56 platforms. The YHM Phantom is not only field effective, but comes out at the top of the technical numbers as far as suppression capability. Remember, the blast suppression of a shot is only a part of the equation. The super sonic signature of a round is existent and not addressed by the suppressor. That is something to consider when you're using said suppressor "in the field".

Are you looking for the "coolest" toy, or a field applicable tool?

The YHM QD Phantom's are, IMHO, one of the most, field practical suppression offerings. Not only cost effective, but their QD option let's me easily use the 7.62 Phantom suppressor on several different weapons. In the field, on a 5.56 platform, the 7.62 Phantom has a deeper tone than the 5.56 Phantom. Super sonic signature of a fired round aside, the practical consideration is, that at 10-20 ft, there is no noticeable difference in the suppression characteristics.

The steel Phantom is a heavy bitch. No getting around that. The up side is that it can double as a blunt force weapon or tent stake pounder inner, and you're not gonna hurt it. Military quality equipment if I've ever seen it.

The Ti Phantom(s) are lighter.

I bought a 7.62 Phantom and could absolutely not be more pleased with my purchase.

2 cents worth.

Back to the fan boy coolness posts.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick