.22 Magnum silencer.....

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Artos
Silent Operator

.22 Magnum silencer.....

Post by Artos »

I lost my post after the crash. Can you guys recommend a suppressor for this round?? Would like to be able to take apart. I have a TAC67 for my 22LR but mfg. says no for a .22 Magnum.

Any thoughts?? Thanks.....
Hootiewho
Super Dunce

Post by Hootiewho »

I think the new SWR suppressor is suppose to be .22 mag rated
Landry308
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Landry308 »

HTG universal. Excellent .22 can, all stainless, very quiet on .22, rated for up to .223
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Post by mpallett »

Hootiewho wrote:I think the new SWR suppressor is suppose to be .22 mag rated
It will be. That reminds me, I need to take my barrel off to be threaded.
Over weight Telco guy with a FFL/07 for hire :)
Artos
Silent Operator

Thanks!!

Post by Artos »

Are you able to take both the HTG & SWR apart for cleaning??

Also, do you happen to know the approximate costs of each??
BigGreen
Silent But Deadly

Post by BigGreen »

HTG=$388 Does not come apart, but will take up to .223 and it is only 1"od

Think the SWR will be $500
zach h
Silent But Deadly

Post by zach h »

both the ETS crusader and templar will work with .22mag.

I've tested my crusader on a 16" barreled .22mag plenty . no problems at all . the templar should do just as good on the same setup as its built stronger all around.

now I want to test one on a 5.7 .

ETA : both of these cans come appart for cleaning . crusader retails for $400 , templar is $500.
green0
Dunce

Post by green0 »

I don't see why standard market .22lr rated cans are a problem.

Last I looked, the construction materials, and thickness of parts was similar to andgun suppressors for 9mm and .45, so I guess I'm wondering what I'm missing as far as why the .22mag is dangerous.

Remember the video of the prodigy firing 9mm? I mean it's a bigger bore hole... but I don't see how that makes it so much easier to handle..
Artos
Silent Operator

Post by Artos »

I agree greeno......I took apart my TAC67 and cleaned it for the 1st time. It seems pretty robust and should handle the .22 magnum but I don't want to do anything to hurt it when the mfg. says don't do it.

I need to get another anyway. I appreciate all the replies & would like to stay in the $400 range. The ETS Crusader looks promising as does the SWR depending on final price and if it will come apart.

The HTG universal seems like a good choice as well. I did a search on cleaning and appearantly having a solid can shouldn't concern me. I just like messing with things and the idea of maintaining them completely??
green0
Dunce

Post by green0 »

I don't have a .22 magnum... but I'm working on a little run of .22lr muzzle cans. I would test a .22mag if I had one. haha

I would just try it and replace it at 1/2 original price if it blew up.. or does tac inovations not do that?

I'm guessing if anything, they say no because some douche is going to try it on a .22mag pistol with a 2.5" barrel and hurt it.

On a rifle I can't see how pressure would be much worse than a .22lr short barreled pistol.
kalikraven
Elite Member

Post by kalikraven »

I'm wondering this myself. I have a Pilot and Prodigy and I'm wondering if they would be able to handle a 22 Mag on a bolt action rifle, a 77/22 to be more specific. The pressure should be much lower on a rifle than if I used it on a pistol right? I guess the important qusetion is what is the pressure at the barrel of a 4.5" 22LR vs. a 24" 22MAG?? So is there any official word on this for rifle use only?
Going a little more discrete here due to some of my opinions...
green0
Dunce

Post by green0 »

Tag.

I'd like to know.

Don't have a .22mag to test.
gunnut284

Post by gunnut284 »

The SRT Commanche is .22 mag rated also.