Been out of the game for a bit...

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

weaponsloader
Silent But Deadly

Been out of the game for a bit...

Post by weaponsloader »

So Ive been busy for the last year or so with work and buying a new house so I've missed a lot of the new cans out there. I recently graduated from state trooper academy so its time I bought myself a few nice things. My cans are definitely outdated (Trident 9, 762SD, and Outback 2) so I was thinking about ordering several new ones. I was thinking of ordering the Octane 45 HD, Saker, and Element 2. Any thoughts on these? I like that I can take apart the Octane because I shoot a lot of cast bullets. Most of my mounts on my AR's are currently the 51 tooth AAC flashiders and I was lead to believe the Saker will mount directly on them as-is. I remember hearing good things about the original Element so I imagine the newer model is even better. Am I heading in the right direction? I'm definitely open to suggestions...Thanks!
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill every person you meet."
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Re: Been out of the game for a bit...

Post by yamatitan »

All the cans you are considering are as good as it gets right now. Order away :D !
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

I really like SWR and Liberty (both have great customer service....the edge going to Liberty on this one but prolly because they are smaller). My Spectre II was so convenient in regards to cleaning that I ordered a Octane 9 HD and 45. Like the Octane 9 so far but still have to go out and compare it to my Liberty Infiniti. I cancelled an order for the Element 2 after having a bit of trouble getting a couple orders for AAC products to come through but have heard great things about them so don't rule them out (Spectre II is easy to clean so toss that one into your possible list.....many people love the Sparrow also for this reason but I don't have first hand experience on that one). I also love my Liberty products that I have had time to shoot thus far (Kodiak TL, Miranda) and have several others made by them to try. The Miranda is super quiet, but NO cast bullets in this one so it's out for you unless you get two 45 cans.

Pull the trigger on that Octane though......looks great, feels great and takes apart easily!
I've gotta stop this habit.
weaponsloader
Silent But Deadly

Post by weaponsloader »

OJB4 wrote:I really like SWR and Liberty (both have great customer service....the edge going to Liberty on this one but prolly because they are smaller). My Spectre II was so convenient in regards to cleaning that I ordered a Octane 9 HD and 45. Like the Octane 9 so far but still have to go out and compare it to my Liberty Infiniti. I cancelled an order for the Element 2 after having a bit of trouble getting a couple orders for AAC products to come through but have heard great things about them so don't rule them out (Spectre II is easy to clean so toss that one into your possible list.....many people love the Sparrow also for this reason but I don't have first hand experience on that one). I also love my Liberty products that I have had time to shoot thus far (Kodiak TL, Miranda) and have several others made by them to try. The Miranda is super quiet, but NO cast bullets in this one so it's out for you unless you get two 45 cans.

Pull the trigger on that Octane though......looks great, feels great and takes apart easily!
Thanks! I'm sold on the octane 45 and Saker, now to decide on the 22 can. I'm liking what I hear about the Spectre 2.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

weaponsloader wrote:
OJB4 wrote:I really like SWR and Liberty (both have great customer service....the edge going to Liberty on this one but prolly because they are smaller). My Spectre II was so convenient in regards to cleaning that I ordered a Octane 9 HD and 45. Like the Octane 9 so far but still have to go out and compare it to my Liberty Infiniti. I cancelled an order for the Element 2 after having a bit of trouble getting a couple orders for AAC products to come through but have heard great things about them so don't rule them out (Spectre II is easy to clean so toss that one into your possible list.....many people love the Sparrow also for this reason but I don't have first hand experience on that one). I also love my Liberty products that I have had time to shoot thus far (Kodiak TL, Miranda) and have several others made by them to try. The Miranda is super quiet, but NO cast bullets in this one so it's out for you unless you get two 45 cans.

Thanks! I'm sold on the octane 45 and Saker, now to decide on the 22 can. I'm liking what I hear about the Spectre 2.
Can't go wrong with a Spectre2!
weaponsloader
Silent But Deadly

Post by weaponsloader »

Thanks Bender, now to find one in stock...
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

Bendersquint wrote:
weaponsloader wrote:

Can't go wrong with a Spectre2!
+1

I actually got two I liked it so much. Ya know.....for the matching pistols that I end up with. Have two GSG 1911-22 that look badass when they both have the Spectre II's on! Sounds great on my Savage FVSR or whatever the bolt action is named....I have the long barrel and have a few subs go supersonic cause of the length of the barrel so DON'T get the long barrel unless you're ok with have a supersonic round go off unexpectedly.
I've gotta stop this habit.