NFA eForms

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

dan9591
Silent But Deadly

Re: NFA eForms

Post by dan9591 »

Tony M. wrote:I managed to register after a system update on the Mac.

I've stated a F1 there, but will wait 'till next week to finish and pay (paycheck monday) I was able to upload my trust as a PDF. I haven't uploaded the citizenship form yet, but would do the same thing. Nice that you can save progress and come back later. You can pay the tax with a CC through the .gov's e-payment portal.

Essentially the ATF is accepting e-signatures now for these forms.
Were you able to do a form 1 without a FFL/SOT? I created an account (I'm not a dealer), but when I tried to do a form 1 I was prompted to enter my FFL (which I obviously don't have)...
Tony M.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tony M. »

dan9591 wrote: Were you able to do a form 1 without a FFL/SOT? I created an account (I'm not a dealer), but when I tried to do a form 1 I was prompted to enter my FFL (which I obviously don't have)...
There's a checkbox that you tick if you're not an FFL/SOT. Then you can use your corporate or trust documents as that's the legal entity. At least you can for now.
dan9591
Silent But Deadly

Post by dan9591 »

When entering a form 1, what are you guys putting in for the manufacturer if it cannot find yours? Noveske came up, but PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) did not...
ChimeraPrecision
Silent But Deadly

Post by ChimeraPrecision »

dan9591 wrote:When entering a form 1, what are you guys putting in for the manufacturer if it cannot find yours? Noveske came up, but PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) did not...
I put my LLC and an member of the ATF contacted me two days later. I'm waiting for a response to my reply
Keep calm, and suppress on
bayonet14
Silent But Deadly

Post by bayonet14 »

I used Chrome as my browser and at 1st had some issues last week - it would not take my corrections to the form 1 and save them. Went back today and volia it saved and shows as submitted - I am sure like most things when they make a transition to on-line there will always be a few kinks to work out - oh and I just got the submitted/in process emails...YEA!
yanta61

Post by yanta61 »

dan9591 wrote:When entering a form 1, what are you guys putting in for the manufacturer if it cannot find yours? Noveske came up, but PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) did not...

I just typed in the manufacture name and hit the verify button, a box will pop up and hit the confirm unknown manufacturer. When you hit submit it will say pending research, They have to confirm the manufacture and then it goes to Submitted/in progress. I think the problem is the system is new and it doesn't have all the manufactures listed.
bayonet14
Silent But Deadly

Post by bayonet14 »

If I am reading it correct you get a .pdf of your stamp when approved. Got this is a ATF news letter:
NFA eForms status ATF is pleased to announce the implementation of the NFA forms into ATF’s eForms system. ATF Forms 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 10 are currently available for eForms submission. The submission of Forms 2, 3, 4, 5 and 9 can only be done by a Federal firearms licensee who has paid the special (occupational) tax for the cur-rent Tax Year. If the submission of the form requires fingerprints, photo-graphs, and the Law Enforcement Certification, the sub-mission cannot be done using eForms – the application must be submitted on paper to the NFA Branch. Accordingly, Forms 1, 4 and 5 may be sub-mitted using eForms if the applicant maker or transferee is a legal entity, such as a corporation, trust, or LLC. The submission of the application will require that the documents establishing the legal entity be attached electronically to the application. For Forms 1 or 4 that are sub-mitted with making or transfer tax due, the tax payment will be made through Pay.Gov, just prior to the submission of the application. Pay.Gov is a system, of the US Treasury’s Financial Management, that allows the submitter to pay the tax by credit/debit card or from a bank account. For detailed information on Pay.gov you can visit their website at www.pay.gov. The copy icon allows users to copy permits that are in any of their eForms folders (Submitted, Draft, Approved, etc) to create a new draft that can be sub-mitted for processing. After using the copy function you are required to open each line item and indicate the quantity and cost. You may delete any line item that you do not wish to use in the new permit. You may also add any additional line item that you need. Once you have completed the new permit applica-tion you may electronically submit it to ATF for processing. This functionality should not be con-fused with the “View Form” function that is used to generate record copes of the PDFs of your forms. Permits that are processed through eForms will not be sent to you in the mail. You will receive an email notification when a final decision has been rendered on your permit application. A PDF with the appro-priate signature and restrictions will be attached to the email and are also retrievable from your Ap-proved, Partially Approved, or Disapproved eForms folders. You can view the form by clicking on the view icon and then clicking on the “View Form” button near the top of the screen. A pdf of the form will be generated that you can print or save. The copy icon allows users to copy permits that are in any of their eForms folders (Submitted, Draft, Approved, etc) to create a new draft that can be sub-mitted for processing. After using the copy function you are required to open each line item and indicate the quantity and cost. You may delete any line item that you do not wish to use in the new permit. You may also add any additional line item that you need. Once you have completed the new permit applica-tion you may electronically submit it to ATF for processing. This functionality should not be con-fused with the “View Form” function that is used to generate record copes of the PDFs of your forms.
Permits that are processed through eForms will not be sent to you in the mail. You will receive an email notification when a final decision has been rendered on your permit application. A PDF with the appropriate signature and restrictions will be attached to the email and are also retrievable from your Approved, Partially Approved, or Disapproved eForms folders. You can view the form by clicking on the view icon and then clicking on the “View Form” button near the top of the screen. A pdf of the form will be generated that you can print or save.
dan9591
Silent But Deadly

Post by dan9591 »

So I went on a shopping spree in the last few weeks…

On 09/03 I bought two cans.
On 09/10 I bought two more
On 09/16 I submitted two form 1’s to SBR a couple of lowers

I did these all through the eforms website.

I called them yesterday to verify that they were all pending (they are) and asked a question…

Me:
“Since these are all entered electronically and the examiner can see them all at once, will you guys do one background check and approve all my pending items at once or will the examiner only look at the oldest ones and process the rest in their turn?”

Very nice ATF lady:
“Um…. I have no idea. The system is pretty new and I don’t think we thought about that for forms 1 and 4, but I would think so. It would just be much easier.”

I find this pretty interesting… On the one hand, one could submit a form today and another in, say, 3 months, and get them approved at the same time. Makes sense, even if it sounds a bit too efficient for a government operation… On the other hand, those submitting forms in between mine could cry foul as my later forms are approved before theirs…

I’m not in a hurry… I just thought it was pretty interesting that they did not think of this possibility when they started the eforms process…
telero
Silent But Deadly

Post by telero »

So in your case with buying the 4 cans and submitting the two form 1's, were they done through two different accounts? One a dealer login for the can and the other for the SBRs your personal login? In a month you should buy another can from the same dealer and a month later submit another form 1. I'm interested to know how it all works out.
everyusernametaken
Senior Silent Operator

Post by everyusernametaken »

dan9591 wrote:So I went on a shopping spree in the last few weeks…

On 09/03 I bought two cans.
On 09/10 I bought two more
On 09/16 I submitted two form 1’s to SBR a couple of lowers

I did these all through the eforms website.

I called them yesterday to verify that they were all pending (they are) and asked a question…

Me:
“Since these are all entered electronically and the examiner can see them all at once, will you guys do one background check and approve all my pending items at once or will the examiner only look at the oldest ones and process the rest in their turn?”

Very nice ATF lady:
“Um…. I have no idea. The system is pretty new and I don’t think we thought about that for forms 1 and 4, but I would think so. It would just be much easier.”

I find this pretty interesting… On the one hand, one could submit a form today and another in, say, 3 months, and get them approved at the same time. Makes sense, even if it sounds a bit too efficient for a government operation… On the other hand, those submitting forms in between mine could cry foul as my later forms are approved before theirs…

I’m not in a hurry… I just thought it was pretty interesting that they did not think of this possibility when they started the eforms process…
So you have an FFL then? If the form 4s were submitted by a dealer, while the form 1s were submitted on your own account, I doubt their workflow system would end up processing them all together.
telero
Silent But Deadly

Post by telero »

everyusernametaken wrote:So you have an FFL then? If the form 4s were submitted by a dealer, while the form 1s were submitted on your own account, I doubt their workflow system would end up processing them all together.
That's basically the same question I was asking. Would be interesting if everything pending for an account gets processed at the time the first item submitted hits. Those who got at the end of the line for a particular dealer would end up line jumping a bit, and those that got in just after a batch was processed would have to wait the whole time again. At the same time there would be less in line since a batch was processed, so eventually the overall wait time should come down. So even being at the beginning of the line after a batch processed shouldn't take as long as before.
dan9591
Silent But Deadly

Post by dan9591 »

telero wrote:
everyusernametaken wrote:So you have an FFL then? If the form 4s were submitted by a dealer, while the form 1s were submitted on your own account, I doubt their workflow system would end up processing them all together.
That's basically the same question I was asking. Would be interesting if everything pending for an account gets processed at the time the first item submitted hits. Those who got at the end of the line for a particular dealer would end up line jumping a bit, and those that got in just after a batch was processed would have to wait the whole time again. At the same time there would be less in line since a batch was processed, so eventually the overall wait time should come down. So even being at the beginning of the line after a batch processed shouldn't take as long as before.
Sorry, I should have been a little clearer…

No, I do NOT have an FFL.

My dealer submitted the form 4’s. I submitted the form 1’s under my own account.

I was specifically referring to the first two sets of transactions. I should have made that clearer…

They were all done under my trust name and while I would love it if they could bundle the dealer’s transactions and my own using the trust name as “glue”, that would be way too much to ask for…