Decisions, decisions.... Octane 45

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Decisions, decisions.... Octane 45

Post by rimshaker »

How much more advancement could a pistol silencer get beyond the new Octane 45 HD? It already has all SS baffles, but only Al-6061 tubes. I understand the reasoning since the tube is protected by the "hybrid monocore" design of the CTA baffles. But it's still not built like a tank like the Mystic, which supports some full power rifle rounds, and is auto rated for more calibers.

The only "ultimate" future pistol can I can think of would be a monocore design, with protective clamshells like the Sparrow has. That design wouldn't be cheap on a 45acp sized can though.

Love my Tirant 45, but considering buying an Octane 45 soon while the gettin' is still good. Wouldn't be making this decision so soon since I just got the Tirant this year. But thanks to recent lawmaking proposals regarding Trusts, got no choice but to get the ball rolling on some future planned purchases...*cough*... 300-TM
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Decisions, decisions.... Octane 45

Post by Bendersquint »

rimshaker wrote:How much more advancement could a pistol silencer get beyond the new Octane 45 HD? It already has all SS baffles, but only Al-6061 tubes. I understand the reasoning since the tube is protected by the "hybrid monocore" design of the CTA baffles. But it's still not built like a tank like the Mystic, which supports some full power rifle rounds, and is auto rated for more calibers.

The only "ultimate" future pistol can I can think of would be a monocore design, with protective clamshells like the Sparrow has. That design wouldn't be cheap on a 45acp sized can though.

Love my Tirant 45, but considering buying an Octane 45 soon while the gettin' is still good. Wouldn't be making this decision so soon since I just got the Tirant this year. But thanks to recent lawmaking proposals regarding Trusts, got no choice but to get the ball rolling on some future planned purchases...*cough*... 300-TM
Remember its only been a couple years since the introduction of a the first truly hearing safe 45ACP can on the market.

Wasn't but a few years ago that the Evo45 was the king and people asked the same question.....

There is ALWAYS room for advancement, in time the Octane45 will be a thing of the past, just like every silencer before it.
black-sheep
Silent But Deadly

Post by black-sheep »

Yeah right about the time I get approved for my 2 octane 45's they'll be something way better that comes out...
But then I'll have a good reason to buy more cans. :D
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Bendersquint wrote: Remember its only been a couple years since the introduction of a the first truly hearing safe 45ACP can on the market.

Wasn't but a few years ago that the Evo45 was the king and people asked the same question.....

There is ALWAYS room for advancement, in time the Octane45 will be a thing of the past, just like every silencer before it.
Yes, totally understand. That's why I'm trying to think in terms of materiels and core design.

What's beyond hardened 17-4 stainless? What's possible beyond a mono core? How can it get better than CTA baffles?

Can silencer technology reach a high plateau, much like desktop computers have the past several years?

Technology can only go so far in any field. Physics and nature will always win out at some point.
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

Bendersquint wrote: Wasn't but a few years ago that the Evo45 was the king and people asked the same question.....

Funny what a couple of years makes...

AAC Evo 45 vs. Octane 45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=851GFwYhE4A