Lane LLC silencers?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

ohnomrbillk
Senior Silent Operator

Lane LLC silencers?

Post by ohnomrbillk »

Anyone have any experience with these guys?

http://lane-products.com/
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Re: Lane LLC silencers?

Post by Historian »

Impressive presentation of their product.
Professional.

I am particularly intrigued by their novel and
complex machining ... the half round 'nipples'
in particular. Did they weld in the half-cut cylinders
or can a CNC miller cut them?

For experts such as Mr. B. or the Captain, could
the half-cut-cylinder design introduce some destabilizing
yawing?

It will be interesting if they post actual DB measurements
such as other manufacturers have done.

From just what is on their site they do deserve consideration.
jreinke
Silent But Deadly

Post by jreinke »

To my way of thinking, his machined cores look like a monocore version of an HTG baffle.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member1236.png[/img][/url]
McLarenross
Silent But Deadly

Post by McLarenross »

Interesting. Looks like the same core design scaled to the different calibers. That mono design may work well for rimfire but is not that effective for the centerfires.
There are no "ex-Marines", just Marines who arent active anymore.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

I fielded a call last week about recoring one, that customer wasn't pleased with it.

Haven't seen it in person though.
DW76

Post by DW76 »

I just got into silencers this winter so my experience with them is limited so I will speak to his character. I met Cory this year after learning there was a shop right here in Rapid City. He spent hours with me showing me his operation, different silencer designs and shooting them. I bought a Scorpion 5.56 all titanium For $725. 6.5" long 1.5" dia. 11.1 oz. Mailed form 4 on 1/15/13 and just got it back 8/26/13. During the Long wait he made a titanium adapter for my V53 rifle 13LH to .5"x28. wrench flats and all, No Charge! We also went to the range and tested it with all my hosts. I could'nt be happier. There was an assortment of silencers there and when I said the Scorpion was a lot quieter than another brand he said he metered them and they were very close so you can't say that. (one of them guys) This is my first silencer so all I have is a bunch of 22LR high velocity. Sub. 22LR are hard to find (expensive) so he gave me some of his so I could go shooting. I feel fortunate to have met Cory and call him my friend.
DW76

Post by DW76 »

Picture of adapter.Image
coryjohnston

Post by coryjohnston »

Bendersquint wrote:I fielded a call last week about recoring one, that customer wasn't pleased with it.

Haven't seen it in person though.
Can you please PM me information when you get it on this. I am the Owner/Manager of LANE LLC and if we have an unhappy customer, we would like the opportunity to correct the issue. We have received no complaints from our customers about the performance of our suppressors and would like to be involved with any corrective actions needed for this customer.
MrM4
Silent But Deadly

Post by MrM4 »

I've sold a fair number of Cory's cans over the last year or so. No Complaints so far and a fair number of repeat customers have bought a second caliber. I like them, good sound, solid construction & the price is right. Thats my $0.02.
2009 Fun Gun Shoot

www.fungunshoot.com

South Dakota's Largest Machine Gun Shoot
NorthPlatte.Ne

Post by NorthPlatte.Ne »

I'm new to the forum and just read about Lane suppressors. I do have friends that have the Lane suppressors and they can't say enough good about them. They have effectively sold me on them.

That's my .02

John
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

Historian wrote: I am particularly intrigued by their novel and
complex machining ... the half round 'nipples'
in particular. Did they weld in the half-cut cylinders
or can a CNC miller cut them?

For experts such as Mr. B. or the Captain, could the half-cut-cylinder design introduce some destabilizing yawing?

It will be interesting if they post actual DB measurements such as other manufacturers have done.
They only add the 1/2 nipples after the blast baffle. This means that the bullet will pass the gas jet b/f transitting the latter baffles. So, no added induced yaw.

By looking at the oblique view, it seems that they just use standard CNC milling to form "nipples."
See how they're flat on sides and top, but rounded in corners?
The "clawed slants" seem to operate on the same principle as GemTech's G-series. Retaining the reflected crossjet from previous slant and preventing it from reentering boreline from that side.
Similar function to Ks, but extremely simplified layout. Better for higher pressure designs.
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
tReznr
Senior Silent Operator

Post by tReznr »

They have a can rated for 458 SOCOM that I'm interested, but I haven't seen any first hand reviews of it.

Anybody on here have one of their rifle rated .45 cans?
"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"

-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

Came across this and thought I would share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw7BpDSMYOw
melglass

Post by melglass »

I have one of there Ti 458 suppressors. I like it a lot and probably use it more than any other I have other than my Mystic. To my ears it sounds about like the mystic with Rem 300 blk subs compared to my 77/44 with 240 cowboy loads.
HK Nole

Post by HK Nole »

Construction and materials look solid. Good results too.
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

i spoke to someone there thru emails . i was told no lifetime warranty and would fix once for free if something happened . so i said no . no good waranty i go else where . right now im waiting on on aac tirant , mack brothes echo , and regulator
coryjohnston

Post by coryjohnston »

ericdraven wrote:i spoke to someone there thru emails . i was told no lifetime warranty and would fix once for free if something happened . so i said no . no good waranty i go else where . right now im waiting on on aac tirant , mack brothes echo , and regulator
This is a copy of the exact email sent to ericdraven. All of our suppressors are lifetime warrantied.

Thank you for your inquiry. I believe you also messaged me on silencertalk? We have Mil-Std tested our rimfire suppressor but found it to be void because we ran our meter on the right side of the platform rather than the left. We expect the numbers to be a little better when we rerun the test with the meter opposite the action. I have attached the results of our first test which we metered our Scorpion King, Scorpion 556, and our Scorpion rimfire against the liberty freedom and the silencerco sparrow.
All of our suppressors are lifetime warrantied against wear. We currently have over 10,000 rounds of full auto fire through our Scorpion 556 and it is still in great shape. If you do something wrong and strike due to misalignment, unstable ammunition, etc. We will replace the core once.

Thanks again and please do not hesitate to call or email with any other questions you might have.

Cory Johnston
Lane LLC
2281 S. Plaza Dr. Unit 19
Rapid City S.D. 57702
phone# 605-201-6779
www.lane-products.com
www.facebook.com/lanellc.silencers
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

coryjohnston wrote:
ericdraven wrote:i spoke to someone there thru emails . i was told no lifetime warranty and would fix once for free if something happened . so i said no . no good waranty i go else where . right now im waiting on on aac tirant , mack brothes echo , and regulator
This is a copy of the exact email sent to ericdraven. All of our suppressors are lifetime warrantied.

Thank you for your inquiry. I believe you also messaged me on silencertalk? We have Mil-Std tested our rimfire suppressor but found it to be void because we ran our meter on the right side of the platform rather than the left. We expect the numbers to be a little better when we rerun the test with the meter opposite the action. I have attached the results of our first test which we metered our Scorpion King, Scorpion 556, and our Scorpion rimfire against the liberty freedom and the silencerco sparrow.
All of our suppressors are lifetime warrantied against wear. We currently have over 10,000 rounds of full auto fire through our Scorpion 556 and it is still in great shape. If you do something wrong and strike due to misalignment, unstable ammunition, etc. We will replace the core once.

Thanks again and please do not hesitate to call or email with any other questions you might have.

Cory Johnston
Lane LLC
Rapid City S.D. 57702
phone# 605-201-6779
http://www.lane-products.com
http://www.facebook.com/lanellc.silencers

yeah that is what was said . replaced once is what i was told and you told me, now on other models or by baffle strikes
i never asked on that part just if it was warrantied and was told once and not lifetime as i stated . if taken wrong thats my fault and apologize , i dont wanna give anyone a
bad rap .and look forward to other stuff in the future , and i am following your suppressors closely .
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

NorthPlatte.Ne wrote:I'm new to the forum and just read about Lane suppressors. I do have friends that have the Lane suppressors and they can't say enough good about them. They have effectively sold me on them.

That's my .02

John

looking at their rimfire model / is it quiet ? whats the db on them ? i readbsomewhere whobtestedbthem snd not in impressed amy reviews or specs ??????
'if it it does dip into the 109 range db id be buying

got 3 rimfire 22 suppressors and a regulator on the way. . worth the cash ? quiet as sparrow and spectre2 ?
coryjohnston

Post by coryjohnston »

ericdraven wrote:
coryjohnston wrote:

Cory Johnston
Lane LLC
Rapid City S.D. 57702
phone# 605-201-6779
http://www.lane-products.com
http://www.facebook.com/lanellc.silencers

yeah that is what was said . replaced once is what i was told and you told me, now on other models or by baffle strikes
i never asked on that part just if it was warrantied and was told once and not lifetime as i stated . if taken wrong thats my fault and apologize , i dont wanna give anyone a
bad rap .and look forward to other stuff in the future , and i am following your suppressors closely .
I wasn't trying to be negative, I just wanted to clear that up. We will lifetime warranty the suppressor for normal use. We will certainly take care of our customers and go to extremes to make sure they are happy. The reason we state once due to misalignment and strike is to discourage customers from intentionally damaging the suppressor to get a new core or new model repeatedly. I don't believe many in this industry would do that, but we wanted to avoid the possibility. What are some of the other manufacturers policy on baffle strikes? Would they allow someone with a misaligned barrel thread to keep putting suppressor after suppressor on it? I guess I have not looked into it much but will research it and see if our warranty policy does fall short.
Thanks,
coryjohnston

Post by coryjohnston »

I just found AAC warranty policy
http://www.advanced-armament.com/Warran ... _50-1.html

SILENCER LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY AAC will repair or replace free of charge any silencer manufactured by AAC for the duration of this lifetime warranty. This warranty is of unlimited duration, and covers, at Advanced Armament Corp. and its affiliates’ discretion, service, repair, and/or replacement of damaged products caused by normal use.

LIMITATIONS This warranty does not cover damage to the silencer and/or host firearm resulting in whole or in part from criminal, abusive or negligent use, improper or careless handling, unauthorized modifications, defective, improper handloaded or reloaded ammunition, or neglect. Any repairs to the unit made necessary by these factors will be invoiced to the owner. Further, baffle strikes which are not due to a defect in workmanship are not covered by this warranty. Centerfire rifle caliber silencers are not warrantied for use on barrels less than 10” in length. 762-SDN-6 and SR7 silencer are warrantied on barrels as short as 7.5” when used with 300 AAC BLACKOUT.

DEFINED Negligent or abusive use is defined as utilizing the silencer in a way that is likely to result in premature wear or damage to either the silencer or the host firearm. Further, the warranty does not cover prohibited usage as described in our various owners’ manuals. This expressed limited lifetime warranty is the only warranty on this product. This product is sold “as is” and has no implied warranties or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. There are not warranties which exceed beyond the description put forth hereto. If your silencer is not covered under this warranty, you may have the silencer replaced for half the most current retail price- subject to any and all transfer fees required by the BATFE.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

coryjohnston wrote:I wasn't trying to be negative, I just wanted to clear that up. We will lifetime warranty the suppressor for normal use. We will certainly take care of our customers and go to extremes to make sure they are happy. The reason we state once due to misalignment and strike is to discourage customers from intentionally damaging the suppressor to get a new core or new model repeatedly. I don't believe many in this industry would do that, but we wanted to avoid the possibility. What are some of the other manufacturers policy on baffle strikes? Would they allow someone with a misaligned barrel thread to keep putting suppressor after suppressor on it? I guess I have not looked into it much but will research it and see if our warranty policy does fall short.
Thanks,
I think it was Silencerco that said they'll always fix stupid... just once. Repeated warranty claims would be red flagged anyway right?

Would find it very VERY hard to believe someone intentionally causing baffle strikes just to get a new core.
Baffle stikes are dangerous and unpredictable. Could rupture the serialized tube, damage the barrel, the gun, even harm the shooter. Who knows.
Anyone with that kind of mentality has no business shooting in the first place.
jeffsmith13

Post by jeffsmith13 »

Top notch customer service, nothing but good things to say about Lane .