OVERRUN 9MM MICRO SUPPRESSOR $189 BLOWOUT!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

DMY
Senior Silent Operator

Re: OVERRUN 9MM MICRO SUPPRESSOR $189 BLOWOUT!

Post by DMY »

Does the endcap have 1/2x28 threads or is there a screw-in adapter?
cvasqu03 wrote:My dealer got my suppressor on Tuesday and I visited it. Man, it's small, but it certainly looks cool. It comes with a small takedown tool, and is completely covered in oil.
cvasqu03
Silent Operator

Post by cvasqu03 »

DMY wrote:Does the endcap have 1/2x28 threads or is there a screw-in adapter?
No screw in adapter. It does have what appears to be a screwed in endcap but it's permanently (or at least semi-permanently) attached. According to an e-mail response I got from brooks it will not accept a recoil booster (obviously since you can't remove the endcap). It's designed to be small enough that this shouldn't be an issue and Brooks said it will work with a Beretta 92 without a booster, though I'm planning on using it with two Makarovs which have fixed barrels and this won't be an issue.

It opens up pretty easily. Using the included tool, you unscrew the front which comes out with the core attached. According to Brooks the core then unscrews from the front cap, but I didn't try this when I was there.

As per the original offer, it came with either a 1/2x28 endcap or one with Diamondback's proprietary thread pattern (.460"-36). I got it with the 1/2x28 endcap.

I wasn't able to pass by to get the paperwork done today so I'll probably go visit it on Monday.
Will_M
Silent Operator

Post by Will_M »

Got to play with mine yesterday. Very light. Very small. Overall I like it for what it is. Shooting it dry was comparable to my Specwar 762 on my 5.56mm AR. Just barely loud enough to be uncomfortable without ear pro. I didn't get to shoot it wet. I could not get it to cycle on my G17, but my 147gr reloads are a little soft. I'm going to bump them up a bit and see what happens.

Serial number DB90000x is kind of cool.

http://imgur.com/zIGi2d5
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

Im guessing they are sold out by now, would have loved one for my M&P 9c
Visit my Wounded Hunter Project Blog!
https://woundedhunterproject.wordpress.com/

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

Visit my Wounded Hunter Project Blog!
https://woundedhunterproject.wordpress.com/

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!
DMY
Senior Silent Operator

Post by DMY »

You should contract Brooks - I bet there are still some left.

The article is interesting. It recommends never shooting JHP through the suppressor because it begins expanding while in the suppressor. (That's a greatly simplified statement - read the article to get the full story.) I've never heard that before.
TheSpaniard

Post by TheSpaniard »

Last edited by TheSpaniard on Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will_M
Silent Operator

Post by Will_M »

Maybe if I spit in mine it'll get it to cycle my guns.
yamaha17

Post by yamaha17 »

Are these still available? Im looking to get one for my diamondback db9.......
Will_M
Silent Operator

Post by Will_M »

yamaha17 wrote:Are these still available? Im looking to get one for my diamondback db9.......
I regret mine.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

Picked mine up last night. I'll be givig it a test run tomorrow afternoon. 6 monthe on the Form.
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

Will_M wrote: I regret mine.
Why? Is it your only can?
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
Will_M
Silent Operator

Post by Will_M »

Artful wrote:
Will_M wrote: I regret mine.
Why? Is it your only can?
Nope. I have 3 others (2 SilCo and 1 Liberty). It won't cycle on my guns. I could use it for a nice light .22lr can but it is horrible on .22. As in "might as well not have it on there" loud.

I'm having a 9mm Double stack 2011 built with a lightened slide. Maybe it'll work on that gun.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

I don't regret mine at all, but then I knew what I was buying. I put it on my Son's Glock19 and it functioned as long as you didn't limp wrist it. By that I mean you needed to hold it more firmly than normal. I was using my subsonic reloads and didn't try it with factory 147's. I'm waiting on a threaded barrel for my "26" and waiting on a barrel for my S&W Shield. I have a Beretta fixed barrel 380 that seems like it would be ideal for this.
GHEN
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GHEN »

Will_M wrote: I could use it for a nice light .22lr can but it is horrible on .22. As in "might as well not have it on there" loud.
That is odd, mine is silly quiet on my MKIII 22/45. Obviously it gets louder after a few mags but intially it is great on .22 for me.

GHEN
cvasqu03
Silent Operator

Post by cvasqu03 »

I got word that my stamp came in last week, but I haven't been able to pass by to pick it up. When I called ATF they said the stamp would come in sometime in March so I thought I had more time. I'm having extended threaded barrels put on three Makarovs which should work perfectly with this suppressor as they have fixed blowback barrels that can't muck up the cycling.

I'll post as soon as I can.
upjeeper

Post by upjeeper »

any more reviews of these?
Bradpierson26
Silent Operator

Post by Bradpierson26 »

upjeeper wrote:any more reviews of these?
Looking for some reviews as well.

I bought one from Brooks back in November(ish). My F3 is still pending. I heard about it through another forum's suppressor's sub-forum.

I'm hoping it compliments my Spectre II and Ti-rant 9mm well and if it won't function on a G19/17, it'll be great for my Beretta 92.

ETA: I'd also like to know who is threading y'alls Maks. I have a CZ 83 which I'd love to have threaded. My local gunsmith and ADCO told me no-go.
Last edited by Bradpierson26 on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Bradpierson26 wrote:

I bought one from Brooks back in November(ish). My F3 is still pending. I heard about it through another forum's suppressor's sub-forum.

I'm hoping it compiments my Spectre II and Ti-rant 9mm well and if it won't function on a G19/17, it'll be great for my Beretta 92.

ETA: I'd also like to know who is threading y'alls Maks. I have a CZ 83 which I'd love to have threaded. My local gunsmith and ADCO told me no-go.
It should work on your G19/17. The weight is in the range.
eseaton
Silent But Deadly

Post by eseaton »

Brooks,
Would like to have one but cannot find a source for a barrel. Any ideas? Would you do a limited run?.

Eric Seaton
From the Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains
Will_M
Silent Operator

Post by Will_M »

Bendersquint wrote:
Bradpierson26 wrote:

I'm hoping it compiments my Spectre II and Ti-rant 9mm well and if it won't function on a G19/17, it'll be great for my Beretta 92.

It should work on your G19/17. The weight is in the range.
It does not cycle at all on my G17 with a variety of ammo from 115gr/124gr factory 9mm or any of my 147gr hand loads.

It cycles fine on my double stack 1911, however.

Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Thanks for the update Will, it was in the weight range that SHOULD cycle n the G17/19.

Good to know that the TM baffle design breaks that data point.....not a good thing.
Will_M
Silent Operator

Post by Will_M »

Bendersquint wrote:Thanks for the update Will, it was in the weight range that SHOULD cycle n the G17/19.

Good to know that the TM baffle design breaks that data point.....not a good thing.
Dumb question: how does the baffle design affect cycling? Not enough back pressure or something?
Crash_pro

Post by Crash_pro »

Just in case anyone is curious Brooks still has a few of these left, I just ordered one for myself to complement my Poseidon.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

Will_M wrote: Dumb question: how does the baffle design affect cycling? Not enough back pressure or something?
Most full caliber pistols, i.e. the Glock, are recoil operated.

Suppressors, by their nature and because every action has an equal and opposite reaction, reduce recoil. Pistol suppressors usually use a "Neilsen Device" to decouple the mechanism from the can during cycling and therefore allow the pistol to cycle.

This can does not have a Neilsen device, but it is lighter in weight than the average pistol can due to it's "micro" size and would theoretically be able to work anyway.

Apparently, on this particular pistol at least, the can is trapping enough of the blast to hang the gun up. In effect, too much "back pressure".

Imagine a runaway car with no brakes (expanding gasses) and the suppressor is a) a sand trap or b) a brick wall. Both will stop the car (muffle the blast) but they accomplish it differently.