OVERRUN 9MM MICRO SUPPRESSOR $189 BLOWOUT!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Bradpierson26
Silent Operator

Re: OVERRUN 9MM MICRO SUPPRESSOR $189 BLOWOUT!

Post by Bradpierson26 »

I'm getting impatient.
The F3 has been over 12 weeks now.
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

Why is is soo hard to just call somebody and have a conversation like a grown-assed-adult IF someone has specific question?

Seems to work for most people.

Brooks is a hell of a guy, he would be happy to have a conversation and answer any questions.

As far as this internet lawyer crap,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, maybe Leonard can chime in. :roll:
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
Bradpierson26
Silent Operator

Post by Bradpierson26 »

Sigproshooter wrote: Seems to work for most people.

Brooks is a hell of a guy, he would be happy to have a conversation and answer any questions.
Like what's my serial number or where's the F3?
:roll: :roll:
Will_M
Silent Operator

Post by Will_M »

Sigproshooter wrote:Why is is soo hard to just call somebody and have a conversation like a grown-assed-adult IF someone has specific question?

As far as this internet lawyer crap,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, maybe Leonard can chime in. :roll:
I had the same problem with contacting Thompson Machine. My complaints are in this thread. No returned emails or phone calls. This was over the course of several weeks.
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

Bradpierson26 wrote:

Welcome to the world of NFA toys.

If you are a newbie then welcome.

If you are not, get used to it or stop now. Patience is necessary.
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

Will_M wrote:
Sigproshooter wrote:Why is is soo hard to just call somebody and have a conversation like a grown-assed-adult IF someone has specific question?

I had the same problem with contacting Thompson Machine. My complaints are in this thread. No returned emails or phone calls. This was over the course of several weeks.
I have never had a problem contacting them or getting replies. Ever.
Sun Tzu
Will_M
Silent Operator

Post by Will_M »

Sigproshooter wrote:
Will_M wrote:

I have never had a problem contacting them or getting replies. Ever.
Lucky you.
Bradpierson26
Silent Operator

Post by Bradpierson26 »

Sigproshooter wrote:
Bradpierson26 wrote:

Welcome to the world of NFA toys.

If you are not, get used to it or stop now. Patience is necessary.
Patience is for the NFA, not companies or customer service reps, let alone owners.
When you run my credit card for several hundred dollars, I should expect a receipt with a SN within the week. That's just good business no matter what industry you're in.
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

Anyways, have a nice life. Hope your can is everything you hope it to be.

I'm out, you are going to think what you want no matter what anybody says.
Sun Tzu
Bradpierson26
Silent Operator

Post by Bradpierson26 »

Sigproshooter wrote:Anyways, have a nice life. Hope your can is everything you hope it to be.

I'm out, you are going to think what you want no matter what anybody says.
Did I offend you?
Let's continue the dialogue.

I've bought enough cans recently to realize it's not an industry standard to receive a serial number immediately but that doesn't make it right.
Bradpierson26
Silent Operator

Post by Bradpierson26 »

I got an email from Brooks and my can should be at my dealer now.
Bradpierson26
Silent Operator

Post by Bradpierson26 »

Who bought the remainder? Anyone else have one in hand?

Thompson Machine Micro 9mm
Purchased: 12-1-2014 (thompson machine.com)
F3 filed: 12-5-2014
F3 approved: God only knows but apparently it's at my dealer right now
F4 mailed: 6-8-2015
Check cashed: 6-11-2015
Approved:
Received:
cvasqu03
Silent Operator

Post by cvasqu03 »

I picked mine up in December of last year, but I haven't had the chance to try it out. I also picked up one of their mini-QMF models which I've also still not tried out. I don't have anywhere local where I can shoot suppressed so I save it for a trip I take with some friends twice a year to a private range, but as I got laid off earlier this year I wasn't able to take the trip last time. I'll probably try it out during the second trip later this month, and I'll post about how it went. I have a noise meter that I'll try using.

Just noticed this thread started way back in 2013. Ooof.
JasonNC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JasonNC »

I'm guessing these are long gone. I would loved to have gotten in on this deal.
It is not the Death Rattle in the throat of Western civilization which is surprising: it is the fact that millions of Americans believe that the death rattle is a beautiful song!
BearTHIS
Silent Operator

Post by BearTHIS »

JasonNC wrote:I'm guessing these are long gone. I would loved to have gotten in on this deal.
Me too. At the risk of looking like a jackhole for not reading the whole thread, were/are these the older suppository shaped cans or the current gen version?
Crash_pro

Post by Crash_pro »

BearTHIS wrote:
JasonNC wrote:I'm guessing these are long gone. I would loved to have gotten in on this deal.
Me too. At the risk of looking like a jackhole for not reading the whole thread, were/are these the older suppository shaped cans or the current gen version?
I never heard anywhere that they were all gone? I bought one about 6 months ago and Brooks said he still had a few then. Email Brooks at TM.

In regards to looks, it looks more like the newer squared off style but it is its own design and the baffle stack is totally different than there other designs.
JasonNC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JasonNC »

I emailed him, who knows maybe I will luck out.
It is not the Death Rattle in the throat of Western civilization which is surprising: it is the fact that millions of Americans believe that the death rattle is a beautiful song!
JasonNC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JasonNC »

I got a email back from Books today. He still has some on the shelf. What to do what to do!!! :D
Bradpierson26
Silent Operator

Post by Bradpierson26 »

:D
Not expecting it to function on the Glock (LW 9mm barrel), not sure what to think about the Beretta.
My Nagant revolver should be back from threading next week.
ETA: Ti-rant 9 for comparison

JasonNC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JasonNC »

I wonder how one of these would do on a CZ82 (fixed barrel)?
Bradpierson26
Silent Operator

Post by Bradpierson26 »

JasonNC wrote:I wonder how one of these would do on a CZ82 (fixed barrel)?
Should be excellent - same as my CZ83 above
JasonNC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JasonNC »

Where did you send off your barrel to be extended and threaded? And how much if you don't mind me asking?
JasonNC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JasonNC »

doublepost
Bradpierson26
Silent Operator

Post by Bradpierson26 »

JasonNC wrote:Where did you send off your barrel to be extended and threaded? And how much if you don't mind me asking?
Unfortunately I'm still on the hunt. Maybe Morgan at Class III machine can do it.
Crash_pro

Post by Crash_pro »

Bradpierson26 wrote::D
Not expecting it to function on the Glock (LW 9mm barrel), not sure what to think about the Beretta.
My Nagant revolver should be back from threading next week.
ETA: Ti-rant 9 for comparison

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll24 ... age_11.jpg
I can attest to it not working on a Glock 26 (Gemtech barrel) but then again it didn't function with my Octane 9 either. Well... my TM Poseidon doesn't work on it. My Form 4 is overdue for the TM DBSD micro 9mm (which is the can this thread is about) but their basically the same thing. Even Brooks at TM attested that they sound very similar and seem to be the same size, different baffles though.

Surprisingly it functions great on my tiny Sig P938 which is even smaller! Also works on my other 9mm's such as my CZ P-07. The baby Glock is just picky... So far only seems to really function with my Griffin Rev 9K.

These micro cans and the P938 make for a very tiny package! Not much larger than my Sig P226 bare, and still hearing safe when shot wet! Gets pretty messy though, hence me only wearing an under shirt in this picture...