OVERRUN 9MM MICRO SUPPRESSOR $189 BLOWOUT!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

JPratt06
Silent But Deadly

Re: OVERRUN 9MM MICRO SUPPRESSOR $189 BLOWOUT!

Post by JPratt06 »

Will_M wrote:Does anyone have contact information for Brooks or anyone else at Thompson Machine?

My emails aren't being answered and there are some serious questions that are coming up from the ATF and my dealer.
Do you mind sharing what you mean by "serious questions"?
ΜΟΛΩÎ
telero
Silent But Deadly

Post by telero »

I was going to get one of these and got prompt responses to my questions. But they wouldn't do transfers via eform so I backed out.
Will_M
Silent Operator

Post by Will_M »

JPratt06 wrote:
Will_M wrote:Does anyone have contact information for Brooks or anyone else at Thompson Machine?

My emails aren't being answered and there are some serious questions that are coming up from the ATF and my dealer.
Dealer called to tell me the suppressor is now being listed in his NFA inventory but he hasn't recieved it.

Thompson Machine also tells him they still haven't made the adapters for 1/2x28 but will be done "soon". It's been 3 months since I ordered it.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Will_M wrote:
JPratt06 wrote:

Dealer called to tell me the suppressor is now being listed in his NFA inventory but he hasn't recieved it.

Thompson Machine also tells him they still haven't made the adapters for 1/2x28 but will be done "soon". It's been 3 months since I ordered it.
While to you they may seem to be serious issues they arent at all.

Dealer seeing the can in their inventoyr means that the form3 has been approved and nothing more.

Why are you dealing with this and not your dealer? Was this just a transfer?

I would contact thompson machine AFTER SHOT closes and see what they have to say.
Will_M
Silent Operator

Post by Will_M »

Yeah this was just a transfer. The reason I'm stepping in is the dealer was having trouble contacting TM as well.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Will_M wrote:Yeah this was just a transfer. The reason I'm stepping in is the dealer was having trouble contacting TM as well.
Problem right now is SHOT SHOW. Most are gone pitching their new wares and fondling new toys.

Give them some time to get back and return to their normal work, then call on the number I gave you above. Talk with Richard or Brooks. They will get you squared away.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

I "talked" to Brooks just two days ago via e-mail. I e-mailed him Tue., got a reply Wed.,back and forth Wed.with final reply Thur. Not hard to get ahold of....
kassenz
Silent But Deadly

Post by kassenz »

Brooks emailed me and called me back, voicemail, within 24 hours.

Problem I have, is two local Class III/SOT don't even have room in their safe for one more,
and the place I bought my last Can at, won't even call me back or give me a yes or no. Won't even call Brooks@Thompson and hook it up.

I would love to take advantage of this, but it sounds like the ATF is uber backlogged.

And, I don't even have a 9mm or 380 anymore..... guess that means I'll have to buy one! Glock 42 here we come! hahaha!
Will_M
Silent Operator

Post by Will_M »

It's coming up on 3 weeks since my first email asking for some more info. I've emailed from different accounts just in case my yahoo account was getting sent to a spam filter. I've also called a couple times over the last couple of days.

Still no responses from TM.
Will_M
Silent Operator

Post by Will_M »

Bump to the top. Does anyone have another phone number or email address for Thompson Machine?

The previously listed phone number isn't correct and Brooks' hasn't responded to any emails.
GHEN
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GHEN »

Will_M wrote:Bump to the top. Does anyone have another phone number or email address for Thompson Machine?

The previously listed phone number isn't correct and Brooks' hasn't responded to any emails.
I emailed Brooks a question on January 22nd, and he answered me back on January 25th.

[email protected]

Hope this helps,

GHEN
Will_M
Silent Operator

Post by Will_M »

That's the email I've been using. I just sent one last email. After this I may request someone else tell Brooks to call me since he clearly is either not getting my emails or ignoring them entirely.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Will_M wrote:Bump to the top. Does anyone have another phone number or email address for Thompson Machine?

Brooks posted his email in the very first post and a phone number was posted a page or two back.

Please hold all updates on your communications with Brooks until March.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

doubloon wrote:Please hold all updates on your communications with Brooks until March.
?
GHEN
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GHEN »

doubloon wrote:Please hold all updates on your communications with Brooks until March.
Why, is it a surprise? BTW, please do not respond until 7AM.

GHEN
cvasqu03
Silent Operator

Post by cvasqu03 »

I e-mailed Brooks yesterday morning, and just got a reply back that my 1st set of papers were in.

They're probably still catching up with all the e-mail they couldn't check during the show.
delta9mda
Silent But Deadly

Post by delta9mda »

whiterussian1974 wrote:
Tony M. wrote:I don't get why your panties are in a twist over this. Are you looking for someone to sue? I can provide a long list of deserving assholes if you are.
Not at all. I'm just wanting to be an informed consumer.
My previous posts simply wanted the Mfgr to post some performance info. My point that the external dimensions are great, but performance data is an important factor too.
My intent wasn't to encourage litigation. Just to gather some additional info prior to purchase.
This seems like a great deal. With the $200 NFA Tax, once you buy the can you can't very well return the item if you are dissatisfied.
A previous post said that a guy wish to purchase for a home defense gun. If this can delivers even 18dB reduction I would consider it a good choice for that purpose.
It will also help protect hearing in conjunction with ear plugs at the range.
If I didn't already have a .30 cal can, I would like this for my AK47 as a Moderator.
PS: Twisted panties can be very enjoyable. :lol:
seriously what are you expecting from such a small package?
NP
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

GHEN wrote:

GHEN
Which day?
GHEN
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GHEN »

doubloon wrote:
GHEN wrote:

GHEN
Which day?

Nicely done - touche!
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

GHEN wrote:...
Nicely done - touche!
Looks like things have calmed down. Hope you guys got things sorted out.
3 weelin geezer
Silent But Deadly

Post by 3 weelin geezer »

whiterussian1974 wrote: Not at all. I'm just wanting to be an informed consumer.
This seems like a great deal. With the $200 NFA Tax, once you buy the can you can't very well return the item if you are dissatisfied.

PS: Twisted panties can be very enjoyable. :lol:
At that price, why not buy one and if you don't like it take it to the range. Shoot it and see how fast someone wants to buy it from you (with a slight profit for you). Good deal either way.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

3 weelin geezer wrote:... take it to the range. Shoot it and see how fast someone wants to buy it from you (with a slight profit for you). ...
JPratt06
Silent But Deadly

Post by JPratt06 »

Today I received word that my Form 3 was approved recently, Thompson Machine finished the 1/2x28 end cap, and my suppressor is now en route to my transferring dealer. Just a heads up to anyone else who's been waiting on a 1/2x28 DB9.

TM is good people. Thanks Brooks!
ΜΟΛΩÎ
Will_M
Silent Operator

Post by Will_M »

I'm more than a little annoyed that the form 3 cleared over 5 weeks ago and there still isn't any word on when the end caps will be done. There was never an indication that the product wasn't finished when this thread originally started.
cvasqu03
Silent Operator

Post by cvasqu03 »

My dealer got my suppressor on Tuesday and I visited it. Man, it's small, but it certainly looks cool. It comes with a small takedown tool, and is completely covered in oil. I'll have to go back Friday to get the paperwork started (their NFA guy wasn't there Tues). I've heard the e-forms are taking about 4 months, so we'll see.