Allen Engineering Suppressors

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

mp5
Elite Member

Allen Engineering Suppressors

Post by mp5 »

Famed silencer maker Ron Allen (k31user in this forum) has branched out from Ops Inc with a full line of 223 and 30 caliber suppressors. They are still reflex designs, but with a refined and simplified two point mounting system. These will be marketed by ADCO firearms of Ohio, though I have seen one 30 caliber model sold by Accurate Ordnance before. Prices are very competitive.
Ron has given excellent customer service previously, and now with his own company I expect no less. He also has a Facebook page for Allen Engineering, look it up.
In a crowded field Ron Allen stands out.
Regards,

Jorge
bigbigpig
Silent But Deadly

Re: Allen Engineering Suppressors

Post by bigbigpig »

I've always liked the Ops lineup and hope that Ron has success with this company. I would like to see his current lineup take a cut in weight... 21 and 25oz for 5.56 and 7.62 cans is a little heavy.

Is he affiliated with Spikes? The 300 BLK Spikes can looks like an Ops mount.
rjrivero
Senior Silent Operator

Post by rjrivero »

mp5 wrote:Famed silencer maker Ron Allen (k31user in this forum) has branched out from Ops Inc with a full line of 223 and 30 caliber suppressors. They are still reflex designs, but with a refined and simplified two point mounting system. These will be marketed by ADCO firearms of Ohio, though I have seen one 30 caliber model sold by Accurate Ordnance before. Prices are very competitive.
Ron has given excellent customer service previously, and now with his own company I expect no less. He also has a Facebook page for Allen Engineering, look it up.
In a crowded field Ron Allen stands out.
Congrats, Ron. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

When you said Allen Engineering Suppressors, I thought one of my vendors started making cans :lol: (there's a company called Allen Engineering that makes concrete equipment) thought maybe a discount was in order.
mp5
Elite Member

Post by mp5 »

Wahnsinn wrote:When you said Allen Engineering Suppressors, I thought one of my vendors started making cans :lol: (there's a company called Allen Engineering that makes concrete equipment) thought maybe a discount was in order.

Yes these are cans made from poured concrete.
You can make concrete boats, why not concrete suppressors? :lol:
Regards,

Jorge
rjrivero
Senior Silent Operator

Post by rjrivero »

Thought you guys might be interested to know Allen Engineering's website went live today.

www.aesuppressors.com
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

Since BATFE closed down OPS in CA, maybe he should move production to NV,UT, ID, or TX.
Better Tax, Regulatory, and Workforce environments, too.

sINCE the attachment needs a barrel that's 0.92"OD at 2.5" behind muzzle, we need a collar for the system to be complete.
Why not offer silicone or some other soft, flexible material for the collar instead of requiring the threaded metal collar. I know it's less durable, but with a T-shaped metal insert slid over the silicon collar (like a 304 SS eyelet or gromet) it would work fine for recreational use, just not Mil/LE.
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Is that how it works you can just move and reopen?
rjrivero
Senior Silent Operator

Post by rjrivero »

whiterussian1974 wrote:Since BATFE closed down OPS in CA, maybe he should move production to NV,UT, ID, or TX.
Better Tax, Regulatory, and Workforce environments, too.

sINCE the attachment needs a barrel that's 0.92"OD at 2.5" behind muzzle, we need a collar for the system to be complete.
Why not offer silicone or some other soft, flexible material for the collar instead of requiring the threaded metal collar. I know it's less durable, but with a T-shaped metal insert slid over the silicon collar (like a 304 SS eyelet or gromet) it would work fine for recreational use, just not Mil/LE.
Wouldn't this defeat the benefit of the reflex design? Looser tolerance for the benefit of 'easy fit' isn't why I would buy an Allen Engineering product.

With the multiple mounting options, and with the ability to get custom made collars from Ron himself, there is no reason to go with a "one size fits most" glue on option. (IMVHO)
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

66427vette wrote:Is that how it works you can just move and reopen?
NO, it's not simple. But seems to me that it beats getting raided by jackbooted thugs, receiving a Cease and Desist Order precluding further commerce and facility usage, and having inventory confiscated.
(Actually we wear Ankle or Calf-length boots. Jackboot just sounds scarier.)

Rivero, it doesn't defeat the benefit. Silicone rubber will still seal the gap, and eyelet/gromet aids durability. But for use on multiple barrels, some of us would prefer the option of cutting cost. Not all, but some.
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

I was kidding.