jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

Toxarch
Silent Operator
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 1:43 am

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by Toxarch » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:50 pm

Every time I see "JJFU", all I think of now is "Jesse James F%@ked Up".

User avatar
GlockandRoll
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 5134
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:32 am
Location: Austin, TX.
Contact:

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by GlockandRoll » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:22 am

I met him here in town.
Pretty nice guy, but damn is this thing fugly.

I think he should be a bit more humble, and thought he would have learned from trash talking Paulie Jr so badly, then failing so badly at the build off challenge.

User avatar
cal50
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:15 am

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by cal50 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:55 pm

The Aero-Sonic suppressor looks like a vibrator for a horse.

I look forward to seeing some real lab metered numbers of a side by side firing session with know performance commercial cans.
As others have said his claimed numbers are lower than the action noise of the host weapon.
Branded for life, in more ways than one

User avatar
Bendersquint
Industry Professional
Posts: 11359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by Bendersquint » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:38 pm

cal50 wrote:The Aero-Sonic suppressor looks like a vibrator for a horse.

I look forward to seeing some real lab metered numbers of a side by side firing session with know performance commercial cans.
As others have said his claimed numbers are lower than the action noise of the host weapon.
Liberty Suppressors has challenged JJFU to have their cans professionally metered.

Brent from Liberty will be heading out to do some official testing, should be the next week or so and data will be posted, if Liberty doesn't post it here I will copy/paste it.

The world will know for sure whether or not they perform as advertised.

Stay tuned.

User avatar
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional
Posts: 2876
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:28 am
Location: MA
Contact:

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by mpallett » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:19 pm

So I looked at this at SHOT. it is interesting.

I didn't take his marketing material as I didn't want to carry anything home, but it looks like HTG, Ops Inc, and a football had a 3 some.

His material states, "Lowest suppression available." Mess up or truth? We shall see.
Over weight Telco guy with a FFL/07 for hire :)

User avatar
cal50
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:15 am

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by cal50 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:28 pm

Bendersquint wrote:
cal50 wrote:The Aero-Sonic suppressor looks like a vibrator for a horse.

I look forward to seeing some real lab metered numbers of a side by side firing session with know performance commercial cans.
As others have said his claimed numbers are lower than the action noise of the host weapon.
Liberty Suppressors has challenged JJFU to have their cans professionally metered.

Brent from Liberty will be heading out to do some official testing, should be the next week or so and data will be posted, if Liberty doesn't post it here I will copy/paste it.

The world will know for sure whether or not they perform as advertised.

Stay tuned.


Thank You .

I was looking at a decent pic of a section view of the can and its not really baffling, pun intended.

:D


Image
Branded for life, in more ways than one

destrux
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:36 pm

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by destrux » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:13 pm

That looks like one of the food traps out of my dishwasher drain. I wonder if the secret is that he packs it with bits of old vegetables and swollen soup noodles. "Never been done before".

Liver
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:20 pm

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by Liver » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:46 pm

I hope it works. More innovation and choice in market place is good for me.

I'm not holding my breath nor am I willing to test it.

User avatar
Bendersquint
Industry Professional
Posts: 11359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by Bendersquint » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:47 am

Jesse James has declined the offer from Liberty to do the head to head.

So the world will never know.

Historian
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 3309
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:37 pm

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by Historian » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:50 am

Bendersquint wrote:Jesse James has declined the offer from Liberty to do the head to head.

So the world will never know.

"Are you going to believe me or your lying ears!"

A new use for the old computer term "Vapor Ware". :)

User avatar
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 2727
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:37 am
Location: On 8th line of eye chart.

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by whiterussian1974 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:30 pm

Historian wrote:"Are you going to believe me or your lying ears!"
A new use for the old computer term "Vapor Ware". :)
:lol:
You're always good for an astute observation and referance Sir.
I doff my chapeau.
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
Well I AM 1/16 Demon on my Father's Side!-Dresden Files

User avatar
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 3578
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:40 pm
Location: Texas Hill Country

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by L1A1Rocker » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:36 pm

Bendersquint wrote:Jesse James has declined the offer from Liberty to do the head to head.

So the world will never know.
Where'd you hear this? Last I heard he had accepted and Liberty was attempting to set a time.

Edit: This was posted on Liberty's facebook two days ago:
Jesse James of Jesse James Firearms Unlimited has accepted our offer and we plan on flying out to Austin for a good old fashioned Texas style shoot out. We'll be shooting at targets, though.

Thank you Jesse for accepting our offer. We look forward to any opportunity to visit Texas.

andrewm
New Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:50 pm

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by andrewm » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:30 pm

This was from today.

http://monderno.com/news/liberty-suppre ... ign=buffer
UPDATE 1/28/2015 12:00 MST: Jesse James has backed out. The following messages were posted to Facebook by Brent Taylor, the Director of Marketing at Liberty Suppressors, and reposted here with permission.

User avatar
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 2727
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:37 am
Location: On 8th line of eye chart.

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by whiterussian1974 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:54 pm

andrewm wrote:http://monderno.com/news/liberty-suppre ... ign=buffer
UPDATE 1/28/2015 12:00 MST: Jesse James has backed out. The following messages were posted to Facebook by Brent Taylor, the Director of Marketing at Liberty Suppressors, and reposted here with permission.
(In Gomer Pyle voice) Sur-PRIZE, SurPrize!
cal50 wrote:The Aero-Sonic suppressor looks like a vibrator for a horse.
Perhaps he should rebrand his device for that market.
Animal Husbandry is probably more lucritive anyway. :lol:
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=hor ... D026CF42AD
Image
I think that these 2 nurses work for my Urologist. At least, this was how they obtained a sample from me. :lol:
Image
I wonder if this was the type of coverage/discussion that Jessie had hoped for when he designed his "brainchild?"
No matter how nice he is, he still cheated on Sandra Bullock w a Porn Actress.
I'd certainly never make THAT mistake!
Last edited by whiterussian1974 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
Well I AM 1/16 Demon on my Father's Side!-Dresden Files

User avatar
Bendersquint
Industry Professional
Posts: 11359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by Bendersquint » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:03 pm

L1A1Rocker wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:Jesse James has declined the offer from Liberty to do the head to head.

So the world will never know.
Where'd you hear this? Last I heard he had accepted and Liberty was attempting to set a time.

Edit: This was posted on Liberty's facebook two days ago:
Jesse James of Jesse James Firearms Unlimited has accepted our offer and we plan on flying out to Austin for a good old fashioned Texas style shoot out. We'll be shooting at targets, though.

Thank you Jesse for accepting our offer. We look forward to any opportunity to visit Texas.
Heard it from Brent at Liberty....I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't know for a fact.

User avatar
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 2727
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:37 am
Location: On 8th line of eye chart.

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by whiterussian1974 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:10 pm

Bendersquint wrote:Heard it from Brent at Liberty....I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't know for a fact.
Citing your Source would have saved the confusion.
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
Well I AM 1/16 Demon on my Father's Side!-Dresden Files

User avatar
cal50
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:15 am

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by cal50 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:23 pm

Bendersquint wrote:Jesse James has declined the offer from Liberty to do the head to head.

So the world will never know.

Looks like he is taking his ball and going home but never played.....

I like technology and new products as much as the next geek but his claims REALLY were impossible and like nothing else in existence.
Like a drunk that's pulled over you can say what you want but when the breathalyzer is fired up only the numbers matter.

Looks like JJFU is avoiding the sound meter like pulled over drunk.
Someone will get a chance to fire it metered or next to current top performers but no one I know of would be willing to pay his full retard pricing.
Last edited by cal50 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Branded for life, in more ways than one

User avatar
Bendersquint
Industry Professional
Posts: 11359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by Bendersquint » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:26 pm

cal50 wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:Jesse James has declined the offer from Liberty to do the head to head.

So the world will never know.

Looks like he is taking his ball and going home but never played.....

I like technology and new products as much as the next geek but his climes REALLY were impossible and like nothing else in existence.
Like a drunk that's pulled over you can say what you want but when the breathalyzer is fired up only the numbers matter.

Looks like JJFU is avoiding the sound meter like pulled over drunk.
Someone will get a chance to fire it metered or next to current top performers but no one I know of would be willing to pay his full retard pricing.
There is something in the works to get a meter on it.

Source cite for WhiteRussian : Interaction with a person working on above mentioned statement.

User avatar
cal50
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:15 am

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by cal50 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:04 pm

Bendersquint wrote:
cal50 wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:Jesse James has declined the offer from Liberty to do the head to head.

So the world will never know.

Looks like he is taking his ball and going home but never played.....

I like technology and new products as much as the next geek but his climes REALLY were impossible and like nothing else in existence.
Like a drunk that's pulled over you can say what you want but when the breathalyzer is fired up only the numbers matter.

Looks like JJFU is avoiding the sound meter like pulled over drunk.
Someone will get a chance to fire it metered or next to current top performers but no one I know of would be willing to pay his full retard pricing.
There is something in the works to get a meter on it.

Source cite for WhiteRussian : Interaction with a person working on above mentioned statement.


The real number will be interesting.
I would love to fire it in front of a thermal camera, I see a fair amount of gas being vented from the rear of the suppressor body in one video I was watching.

I know several designs look great on paper and once built don't perform as intended.
I just want to see where the horse vibrator really meters at.
Branded for life, in more ways than one

User avatar
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 3578
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:40 pm
Location: Texas Hill Country

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by L1A1Rocker » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:17 pm

Bendersquint wrote:
L1A1Rocker wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:Jesse James has declined the offer from Liberty to do the head to head.

So the world will never know.
Where'd you hear this? Last I heard he had accepted and Liberty was attempting to set a time.

Edit: This was posted on Liberty's facebook two days ago:
Jesse James of Jesse James Firearms Unlimited has accepted our offer and we plan on flying out to Austin for a good old fashioned Texas style shoot out. We'll be shooting at targets, though.

Thank you Jesse for accepting our offer. We look forward to any opportunity to visit Texas.
Heard it from Brent at Liberty....I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't know for a fact.
Thanks. Liberty still has not updated their facebook page about it, though some have commented with liberties announcement on reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/ ... ut_update/

User avatar
curtistactical
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:22 am

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by curtistactical » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:01 pm

I sent JJFU a message last week and told him if they really do meter 78db on an AR with super sonics I would buy 100 of them for his price of $4500 ea. I got no reply.
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02

User avatar
cal50
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:15 am

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by cal50 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:21 pm

curtistactical wrote:I sent JJFU a message last week and told him if they really do meter 78db on an AR with super sonics I would buy 100 of them for his price of $4500 ea. I got no reply.
He was tied up.
His suppressor likely fell off the desk and is stuck between his time travel machine and the other machine that turns straw into gold.

:D
Branded for life, in more ways than one

User avatar
gunny50
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:11 am
Location: EU

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by gunny50 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:14 pm

wacki wrote: And the hoplon idea? Angles of deflection have been used since the civil war (iron clads) and WWI (Schneider CA1) and became universal in WW2. Yet didn't get applied to suppressors till recently

The reverse cone blast baffle was used in other designs as well.
Old Walther design MPX silencer used this, page 95 of Document ( AD847383) - Report R-1896 written aug 1965 published 3 apr 1974 Frankfort Arsenal

The Whole design including hoplon idea is predated in design (around 1966) in the HEL-M4 / M4A noise Suppressor Section DWG on page 84 .
See published information by Al Paulson and N.R.Parker with a article in small Arms Review - Vol 5 No 8 may 2002
A well appreciated piece that was used during the Vietnam conflict.
Image
Gunny

jt526
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 571
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:56 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by jt526 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:23 pm

Can we take bets or have a raffle on what it actually meters?

I want to guess that it is 149.3 on a 16" with m855
Stupid, stupid NFA items.

[email protected]
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Decatur, Tx

Re: jesse james new can, 10db quieter than the best?

Post by [email protected] » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:33 am

Bendersquint wrote:
cal50 wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:Jesse James has declined the offer from Liberty to do the head to head.

So the world will never know.

Looks like he is taking his ball and going home but never played.....

I like technology and new products as much as the next geek but his climes REALLY were impossible and like nothing else in existence.
Like a drunk that's pulled over you can say what you want but when the breathalyzer is fired up only the numbers matter.

Looks like JJFU is avoiding the sound meter like pulled over drunk.
Someone will get a chance to fire it metered or next to current top performers but no one I know of would be willing to pay his full retard pricing.
There is something in the works to get a meter on it.

Source cite for WhiteRussian : Interaction with a person working on above mentioned statement.

My faith in the accuracy of your post has increased exponentially due to the aforementioned citations lol!!! That was a good one bender

Post Reply