fastest way to buy a can NOW???

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

blackops_1
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: NC

fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by blackops_1 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:19 pm

Just looking at a couple of options in the next 24 hrs for a AAC 762-Sdn-6 or Better can for overall 308 use.

Open to recommendations for better in regard of quietness and length, gotta be a fast attach mount in this app.

My local dealer most likely has it in stock. Will find out tomorrow.

OR

Buy from Silencershop with debit card and wait for what they say is 1-3 months transfer to my local dealer on Form 3...

Then and here's the kicker that "MAY" speed up things" , my local dealer can EFILE the form 4 online and "hopefully" its much faster than a paper-filed Form 4 on the "stack" of 60,000 pending paper apps like my first 3 cans.

Money isn't an object, time is.

edit- I should add that my "local dealer" can only file on the old way with paper :(! Nevermind paying Full retail on the east coast :roll:
Last edited by blackops_1 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loki_stormbringer
Silent Operator
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:55 am

Re: fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by Loki_stormbringer » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:23 pm

Buy whats in stock, efile it. :D

blackops_1
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: NC

Re: fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by blackops_1 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:25 pm

No local dealer can EFILE that has the can in stock :(

User avatar
doubloon
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 11901
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:02 am
Location: Houston-ish

Re: fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by doubloon » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:42 pm

move to Texas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895

blackops_1
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: NC

Re: fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by blackops_1 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:04 pm

doubloon wrote:move to Texas
Anybody got the uhaul 24hr number? :shock:

Come on guys? Please help a dummy asleep at the wheel...Your the Elite when it comes to this :D

User avatar
Stan1
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by Stan1 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:26 pm

I'm pretty sure any dealer can eFile. All he has to do is sign up on the ATF site. I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't use the electronic system for many reasons.

66427vette
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1873
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:14 pm

Re: fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by 66427vette » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:29 pm

I assume you have a trust setup?

blackops_1
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: NC

Re: fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by blackops_1 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:52 pm

66427vette wrote:I assume you have a trust setup?
Yes, trust has been used 2 ways:

Locally with my "in-stock" dealer on form-4's the regular "paper-route" , 1-year wait : No biggie since they
had what I wanted in stock.

and online with SilencerShop form-3's that are Filed online with the ATF for form3's then to the local dealer in my area.. That Will EFILE the paperwork, hopefully faster than regular Form-4's on paper form-4's!

Dan.

66427vette
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1873
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:14 pm

Re: fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by 66427vette » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:55 pm

Get ahold of SRI they should be able to help you.

blackops_1
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: NC

Re: fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by blackops_1 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:40 pm

66427vette wrote:Get ahold of SRI they should be able to help you.

SRI as in Bendersquint?

66427vette
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1873
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:14 pm

Re: fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by 66427vette » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:56 pm

I am willing to bet he has items in stock. I think you are in the same state.

User avatar
doubloon
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 11901
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:02 am
Location: Houston-ish

Re: fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by doubloon » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:50 am

And he loves those 4 little words :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895

blackops_1
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: NC

Re: fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by blackops_1 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:26 pm

thanks for the help guys, I'm squared away! Now just hurry up and wait :lol:

User avatar
corey4
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 pm

Re: fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by corey4 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:04 pm

so what is the big rush when you have to wait for about a year?

66427vette
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1873
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:14 pm

Re: fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by 66427vette » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:14 pm

corey4 wrote:so what is the big rush when you have to wait for about a year?
If he efiles he could still get it back under 4 months. Had more come back today at 15 weeks. I have form 3's from August that just shipped lol.

User avatar
corey4
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 pm

Re: fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by corey4 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:34 pm

i was under the impression that the quick turn around for the efile was to test the new system. i guess we really wont know for sure until we start to see the reports from the people doing them now, and in the next few months.

blackops_1
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: NC

Re: fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by blackops_1 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:40 pm

corey4 wrote:i was under the impression that the quick turn around for the efile was to test the new system. i guess we really wont know for sure until we start to see the reports from the people doing them now, and in the next few months.
Things are still in flux at the moment, initial reports are promising across the sources...time will tell.

Being new to the nfa game I'm just relieved that my dollars are cast and I can get off the burner after a hectic few weeks
getting up to speed on s--t I should have noticed back in August. :oops:

66427vette
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1873
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:14 pm

Re: fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by 66427vette » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:57 pm

Test or not they are still rolling in. Never thought in million years form 4's would beat 3's.

User avatar
corey4
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 pm

Re: fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by corey4 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:29 pm

depending on what the do tonight with the new rules will determine if i do 5 SBRs and 3 more cans.

User avatar
corey4
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 pm

Re: fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by corey4 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:31 pm

is that why you were in such a rush to efile? to beat the clock incase they let us that have our F4s on trusts that are pending to be grandfathered in?

66427vette
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1873
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:14 pm

Re: fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by 66427vette » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:32 pm

corey4 wrote:depending on what the do tonight with the new rules will determine if i do 5 SBRs and 3 more cans.
Doubt you will know anything for awhile.

blackops_1
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: NC

Re: fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by blackops_1 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:38 pm

66427vette wrote:
corey4 wrote:depending on what the do tonight with the new rules will determine if i do 5 SBRs and 3 more cans.
Doubt you will know anything for awhile.
Corey4, have you read???

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/153676 ... stern.html

User avatar
corey4
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 pm

Re: fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by corey4 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:19 am

there was alot to read in that link.

what were you specifically asking me that i read?

nice shot
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:41 am

Re: fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by nice shot » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:30 am

blackops_1 wrote:Just looking at a couple of options in the next 24 hrs for a AAC 762-Sdn-6 or Better can for overall 308 use.

Open to recommendations for better in regard of quietness and length, gotta be a fast attach mount in this app.

My local dealer most likely has it in stock. Will find out tomorrow.

OR

Buy from Silencershop with debit card and wait for what they say is 1-3 months transfer to my local dealer on Form 3...

Then and here's the kicker that "MAY" speed up things" , my local dealer can EFILE the form 4 online and "hopefully" its much faster than a paper-filed Form 4 on the "stack" of 60,000 pending paper apps like my first 3 cans.

Money isn't an object, time is.

edit- I should add that my "local dealer" can only file on the old way with paper :(! Nevermind paying Full retail on the east coast :roll:

I use silencershop.com and Dave and Matt always get stuff right the first time, everytime.

You are asking for something that's pretty difficult right now (speed - quality - legality - location). . . For the things you listed in this post alone. . . I think speed is the priority. . . But you always have the option to change that and instead of using silencer shop you can try to paperfile with a local dealer. . .
YHM 7.62 Phantom QD
T.I. Stratus .22
AAC Eco-9
YHM15 SBR (pending)

blackops_1
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: NC

Re: fastest way to buy a can NOW???

Post by blackops_1 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:38 am

nice shot wrote:
blackops_1 wrote:Just looking at a couple of options in the next 24 hrs for a AAC 762-Sdn-6 or Better can for overall 308 use.

Open to recommendations for better in regard of quietness and length, gotta be a fast attach mount in this app.

My local dealer most likely has it in stock. Will find out tomorrow.

OR

Buy from Silencershop with debit card and wait for what they say is 1-3 months transfer to my local dealer on Form 3...

Then and here's the kicker that "MAY" speed up things" , my local dealer can EFILE the form 4 online and "hopefully" its much faster than a paper-filed Form 4 on the "stack" of 60,000 pending paper apps like my first 3 cans.

Money isn't an object, time is.

edit- I should add that my "local dealer" can only file on the old way with paper :(! Nevermind paying Full retail on the east coast :roll:

I use silencershop.com and Dave and Matt always get stuff right the first time, everytime.

You are asking for something that's pretty difficult right now (speed - quality - legality - location). . . For the things you listed in this post alone. . . I think speed is the priority. . . But you always have the option to change that and instead of using silencer shop you can try to paperfile with a local dealer. . .
My thoughts as well, put in my 3rd order with SS yesterday. Even with them being out of state and the form 3 transfer its the fastest way most likely. I have a local dealer here that can efile the form 4 for me.

Post Reply