Glock 17 without a booster.

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

quietoldfart
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Glock 17 without a booster.

Post by quietoldfart »

Thank you Historian, though as it turns out the effort wasn't quite so brilliant; after some 100 shots with standard velocity CCI the two prongs of the slide stop lever leaped the bounds of the shallow slide cutouts and the slide jammed under them. Not too difficult to extract the slide again, but plainly the stainless steel's stiffness is inadequate with such narrow contact on the slide. So I brazed on (ran out of soft silver) a pair of 01 tool steel caps, sawing and filling some grooves so that it mated with the friction grooves on the slide, making for a good mechanical purchase. Not terribly tidy, but as I said I'm not terribly interested in the cosmetics of this pistol. It provides an experimental platform. After some re-working of the stainless steel stirrup the prongs nestled well into the new pockets. Now there is no hint of any sort of movement with the slide locked. Unless the bronze should fail, which seems unlikely, I expect this will provide a more durable solution to retaining brass and slightly quieting the pistol.