Put wrong date on Form 4, need advice

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Philrozzi

Put wrong date on Form 4, need advice

Post by Philrozzi »

So I recently mailed out a form 4 and by accident I didn't change the date on the first page of the trust to correspond with the rest of the paperwork.

My dealer mailed out the paperwork filled out already with the date July 22 on all of it. I received this paperwork on July 24th so I drew up my trust, signed the trust with the date of July 22nd to correspond with form 4 and had it notarized and mailed it.

I was just going over my trust again and noticed that I forgot to change the date in the trust on the very first page that was automatically inserted by the computer program. The line states that the trust was created on July 24th while I have signed the trust and notarized it with July 22nd on it.

I'm so pissed, what should I do? Is that a minor detail or will they want me to fix it? And should I call them to send out a revised front page or just let them contact me if they even go through the trust?
Loki_stormbringer
Silent Operator

Re: Put wrong date on Form 4, need advice

Post by Loki_stormbringer »

No expert or lawyer buy I would wait for them to reject it and fix it and send it back in. I believe if they reject it you can fix why it was rejected and get it approved right away instead of another long wait.

If you resend something now i don't believe it will help. Your forms go into stack of other forms and is lost for all intense and purposes until it gets to the examiners desk and he pulls it out to examin it. You sending something else at a later date won't get to your existing paper work already filed. This is at least hoe I've come to understand the process. I'm sure others will chime in.

This is all of they even consider the date an issue to reject your forms. They might over look it and process it anyway.
Philrozzi

Post by Philrozzi »

I'm hoping they accept it because the date the notary marked down corresponds to the date on the form 4. I'm guessing as long as they get payment they should be happy but it sucks thinking about another possible delay since I already waited 7 months for the stupid silencer to come in.
Philrozzi

Post by Philrozzi »

Well my debit card has just been charged, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

The get the money before they even look at the forms.

You could send in a payment with a completely blank form and they'd still cash the check 6 weeks before they reject the form for being blank.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Just 2 days? Good nuff for gov't work.

Best thing to do is just cross your fingers. I'm thinking the trivial dates won't even be noticed. Bigger mistakes get passed through.
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

Nothing to worry about. I've efiled F1s with the same Schedule A and they have all been approved.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K
Philrozzi

Post by Philrozzi »

Good to know. I'm not that worried about it anymore, thanks.