most effective .308 suppressor

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Buzduk
Silent But Deadly

Re: most effective .308 suppressor

Post by Buzduk »

delta9mda wrote:try this;

yhm consistently meter over 140. thats not acceptable by me
+1
Matt
Form4
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(631) 721-6201
http://form4.org/
1slow01Z71
Silent Operator

Post by 1slow01Z71 »

Are there any head to head tests with the victory cans and others? I planned to buy a 30p-1 but wouldn't mind picking a liberty if they are indeed better than TBACs offering.
Misspelled and missing words delivered to you via the hunt-and-peck method on my phone
Buzduk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Buzduk »

1slow01Z71 wrote:Are there any head to head tests with the victory cans and others? I planned to buy a 30p-1 but wouldn't mind picking a liberty if they are indeed better than TBACs offering.
That's the whole thing! You almost never see liberty products put up against other brands! Hey, it's no secret that I love Liberty products but I love them because they are quality.
Matt
Form4
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(631) 721-6201
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

Buzduk wrote:
1slow01Z71 wrote:Are there any head to head tests with the victory cans and others? I planned to buy a 30p-1 but wouldn't mind picking a liberty if they are indeed better than TBACs offering.
That's the whole thing! You almost never see liberty products put up against other brands! Hey, it's no secret that I love Liberty products but I love them because they are quality.

Go over to nfatalk. Plenty of head to head tests and comparisons.
Buzduk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Buzduk »

wacki wrote:
Buzduk wrote:

Go over to nfatalk. Plenty of head to head tests and comparisons.
So would you agree with my rating on the Liberty product Plunky?
Matt
Form4
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(631) 721-6201
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Buzduk wrote:... Plunky?
heh :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

I'm not plunky. But I will be meeting up with avereloSOCOM and ill do plenty of head to head testing with pretty much all the popular SWR & SilencerCo cans as well as the liberty Constitution, essence, mystic and Leonidas. So there will be a lot more side to side testing coming out this summer.

In the mean time I hope silencershop starts testing more cans.

And yes I'm a liberty fan. Most of my liberty stuff is in NFA jail but I've handled them in person, spent hours talking to dave saylors and heard numerous 1st hand endorsements. Weigh that endorsement as you wish. Picking up my Approved Mystic as soon as I get back to the continental US. I will be using and abusing my Liberty cans very soon.
Last edited by wacki on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buzduk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Buzduk »

wacki wrote:I'm not plunky. But I will be meeting up with avereloSOCOM and ill do plenty of head to head testing with pretty much all the popular SWR & SilencerCo cans as well as the liberty Constitution, essence, mystic and Leonidas. So there will be a lot more side to side testing coming out this summer.

In the mean time I hope silencershop starts testing more cans.

And yes I'm a liberty fan. Most of my liberty stuff is in NFA jail but I've handled them in person, spent hours talking to dave saylors and heard numerous 1st endorsements. Weigh that endorsement as you wish. Picking up my Approved Mystic as soon as I get back to the continental US. I will be using and abusing my Liberty cans very soon.
Outstanding
Matt
Form4
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(631) 721-6201
rcn11thacr
Silent But Deadly

Post by rcn11thacr »

What two "categories" are you placing these cans in???[/quote]

I guess we could call them cans and premium cans! The victory and victory mag are astounding![/quote]
Nice to see we both have good taste and that there are cans then there are better cans...
I would like to see if the victory mag would indeed be quieter than the victory when shooting .308. I bet it would be. Either way, i'm buying one shortly due to my feelings on the matter. Considering how good my Mystic is, i cant see the vic mag being of any lesser quality. Great can manufacturer for sure.
Blackhorse Scout
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

What part of the sonic signature equation is most important? Is it the muzzle blast that the techies with their distance tapes and high tech microphones measure?

Or is it the field functional reduction in the muzzle blast, that is eclipsed by the sonic signature (crack) of a supersonic round headed downrange?

If we're talking primarily about shooting 30 cal. subsonic stuff, (blk out, etc.) I'll go sit quietly in the corner.

Having said that, my interest is in a field functional suppressor that reduces the muzzle blast to "acceptable" levels relative launching supersonic rounds. Again, as I understand things, a supersonic projectile's sonic signature is well above... most... suppressors muzzle blast sonic reduction.

If a suppressor lowers the muzzle blast element of a shot signature below that of the projectile's sonic signature, then the suppressor is field functional...

Am I wrong?
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick