Fixed suppressor on Glock? or piston on 22

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

zeeew
Silent Operator

Fixed suppressor on Glock? or piston on 22

Post by zeeew »

Hello all

I have an Octane 9HD with a G23 and Wolf 9/40 barrel. I have read that using a fixed mount on a semiauto wont hurt the gun or suppressor, and have also read that using a piston on a fixed barrel can hurt things.

Can I actually use a fixed mount on an Octane 9HD and the Glock without hurting anything? I DO NOT want the gun to cycle, I want to keep it as quiet as possible. I could just download a bit til it didnt cycle, but I want to make sure the bullet makes it out the barrel.

Will a fixed mount even reasonably stop cycling of most safe loads? Or is it a maybe/maybe not thing?
Also, I dont have a fixed mount yet. Will it hurt anything to mount on a 22 rifle, since they hardly recoil?

Thanks

Eric
firstsgtsteiner
Silent Operator

Re: Fixed suppressor on Glock? or piston on 22

Post by firstsgtsteiner »

I am relatively new to the suppressor scene... but if I am not mistaken using a booster on a fixed barrel can mess up the threading due to the forces of the booster pulling and pushing on the threads, where a fixed mount will not do anything to the threads due to it not having the pulling force of the spring if that makes sense. The booster is only used so a auto pistol with a tip barrel can cycle, worst that can happen with a fixed mount on a auto pistol is that it will not cycle. ( more experienced users please correct me if I am misinformed)