Stand alone recoil regulator

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

STL/N.E.R.D.S.
Silent But Deadly

Stand alone recoil regulator

Post by STL/N.E.R.D.S. »

Just curious if any manufacturers make a stand alone 1/2x28 to 1/2x28 recoil regulator like AWC did in the past.

mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Re: Stand alone recoil regulator

Post by mpallett »

STL/N.E.R.D.S. wrote:Just curious if any manufacturers make a stand alone 1/2x28 to 1/2x28 recoil regulator like AWC did in the past.

I don't think so.

I want one.
Over weight Telco guy with a FFL/07 for hire :)
STL/N.E.R.D.S.
Silent But Deadly

Post by STL/N.E.R.D.S. »

There is a market for these, they do work, aren't a serialized part, and yes I want one too, that's why I asked.. any info on tracking one down would be appreciated..
twodollarbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by twodollarbill »

If you have a lathe, they are very easy to make. :wink:
STL/N.E.R.D.S.
Silent But Deadly

Post by STL/N.E.R.D.S. »

How about hookin a brother up!! I am lathe poor..
sumkrnboy
Silent But Deadly

Post by sumkrnboy »

L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

twodollarbill wrote:If you have a lathe, they are very easy to make. :wink:
Have any sketches or plans? I'm not real sure what they look like on the inside. . .
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Noone makes them now.

I sent the ATF one of sumrkn's pictures and was told that as that drawing is done it could be considered a silencer part.

They sent me a picture of the AWC regulator from their archive's and said they USED to allow this but haven't considered them adapters in years and that is why its not for sale anymore.

This is a consistent response with another design we submitted to them that got the same reply.

If Sumrkn gets a favorable response I look forward to seeing it as it will set a nice precedence for us to go back at the ATF with.
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Post by mpallett »

Bendersquint wrote:Noone makes them now.

I sent the ATF one of sumrkn's pictures and was told that as that drawing is done it could be considered a silencer part.

They sent me a picture of the AWC regulator from their archive's and said they USED to allow this but haven't considered them adapters in years and that is why its not for sale anymore.

This is a consistent response with another design we submitted to them that got the same reply.

If Sumrkn gets a favorable response I look forward to seeing it as it will set a nice precedence for us to go back at the ATF with.
My match race gun with my 3 lb brake needs a booster so my gun will work.
Over weight Telco guy with a FFL/07 for hire :)
sumkrnboy
Silent But Deadly

Post by sumkrnboy »

mpallett wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:Noone makes them now.

My match race gun with my 3 lb brake needs a booster so my gun will work.
That was one of the points I brought up in the letter to the ATF FTB. It has other uses besides being used with a silencer.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

sumkrnboy wrote: That was one of the points I brought up in the letter to the ATF FTB. It has other uses besides being used with a silencer.
Like what other uses??

You do realize that to say it has other uses you have to demonstrate and prove the need if you are fighting for a non-regulated part classification.
twodollarbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by twodollarbill »

L1A1Rocker wrote:
twodollarbill wrote:If you have a lathe, they are very easy to make. :wink:
Have any sketches or plans? I'm not real sure what they look like on the inside. . .
I had posted this pic in another thread.

sumkrnboy
Silent But Deadly

Post by sumkrnboy »

Bendersquint wrote:
sumkrnboy wrote: That was one of the points I brought up in the letter to the ATF FTB. It has other uses besides being used with a silencer.
Like what other uses??

You do realize that to say it has other uses you have to demonstrate and prove the need if you are fighting for a non-regulated part classification.
Allow the use of heavy muzzle devices such as muzzle brakes, flash hiders, blank adapters, etc. by allowing the tilting barrel action to cycle.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

sumkrnboy wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:
Like what other uses??

Allow the use of heavy muzzle devices such as muzzle brakes, flash hiders, blank adapters, etc. by allowing the tilting barrel action to cycle.
Your reasons remind me of what Slide Fire used to get the ATF approval for their stocks.
sumkrnboy
Silent But Deadly

Post by sumkrnboy »

Bendersquint wrote:
Like what other uses??

Would you like a copy of what I wrote to the FTB?

So far, I've had a favorable determination with every letter I've sent them.
Last edited by sumkrnboy on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

sumkrnboy wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:
Like what other uses??

Would you like a copy of what I wrote to the FTB?

So far, I've had a favorable determination with every letter I've sent them.

Dan
Sure.