Availability of Coastal Gun suppressors

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

DixieTriggerMan

Availability of Coastal Gun suppressors

Post by DixieTriggerMan »

Has anyone had any dealings with Coastal Gun (Clyde Wilson) in Brunswick, GA, during the last 6 months or so? I used to occasionally see Coastal’s cans stocked by a few dealers and now it seems that no dealers have them anymore. Has anyone gotten anything from them lately?
blueheeler66

Re: Availability of Coastal Gun suppressors

Post by blueheeler66 »

There are probably better choices for your dollar spent.
DixieTriggerMan

Post by DixieTriggerMan »

blueheeler66 wrote:There are probably better choices for your dollar spent.
I'm fully aware that Coastal's suppressors are not held in the highest regard by some people, particularly the cans they built more than 5 or 6 years ago. They don't employ the latest technology or the most expensive materials and are certainly built to a lower price point than the high end brands. They are what they are.

I suppose I should have posed my question differently. I wasn't asking whether there are better or worse chioces than Coastal suppressors out there. My question is whether there are any dealers who are currently receiving and stocking them. On their website Coastal has a fairly extensive list of dealers who distribute their products, but lately I haven't seen anyone who carries anything in stock. Is it because Coastal isn't building cans anymore?
aries14482
Silent But Deadly

Post by aries14482 »

I've only heard rumors they stopped making cans, but it's 3rd hand and originated in a gunshop.

I can't keep from commenting that there are better made silencers for the same money. Their rifle silencers are obscenely heavy.
flgunner

Post by flgunner »

MA Customs has them in stock and a link to Coastal on their web site - might be able to give you some info - http://macustomsga.com
wetboyz

Post by wetboyz »

I had one on my UZI and it just literally hummed.
I was extremely impressed with it.
This was an older can about 5-7 years ago. I sure miss it.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

We get more rebuild queries about Coastal than all the other mfg's.

Most dont go through with it becuase the recore is often more expensive or the same price as they cost originally.

Hard to justify for some, lots of retired to the back of the safe coastals out there.
wetboyz

Post by wetboyz »

wetboyz wrote:I had one on my UZI and it just literally hummed.
I was extremely impressed with it.
This was an older can about 5-7 years ago. I sure miss it.
I second that. It was movie quiet and it purred. I was totally sold on the uzi can.