Hush puppy?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Hush puppy?

Post by Emilio »

Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
Ash

Re: Hush puppy?

Post by Ash »

Looks interesting...
TrooperKbC

Post by TrooperKbC »

I started getting into 300 Whisper years before AAC and Remington decided to relabel it under 300 AAC Blackout. There have been several wildcat cartridges which shoot heavy subsonics out of the AR platform. The BLK was just the first one to be developed into SAAMI spec by a major corporation and get support from others in the industry. This "Hush Puppy" is likely going to fizzle out quickly like almost all the others due to lack of industry support. First tip: he used the word "proprietary" in the video. Not gonna be a whole lot of support for that one, but could be pretty cool if you just want something else to fill the cabinet.
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

When will people learn that greed is not always good? It has it ls time and place but this is not one of them. Some things should always be open source.

Also, Why not just go 458 socom subsonic?
Boom_Stick

Post by Boom_Stick »

450gr bullet?!? That sounds expensive. Dont see this one taking off in light of 300blk and 147gr 9mm.
bani
Silent But Deadly

Post by bani »

not really seeing the point of this round. 416 caliber severely limits your choice of projectiles. i'd rather go 375 cheytac or 458 socom.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

bani wrote:not really seeing the point of this round. 416 caliber severely limits your choice of projectiles. i'd rather go 375 cheytac or 458 socom.
375 cheytac is my dream LongRange Rifle. 458 socom or 50 Beowolf are good shortrange vehicle checkpoint/feral hog rounds. Why don't more people go for .729x2.5" (12ga from Hell)?
You can hand cast 1750gr low-friction ribbed slugs, reuse the same 100 straight-wall brass cases, and because of high mass easy to keep powerful at subsonic, ie: supereasy to suppress.
You can even melt and recast the slugs! The only recurring cost is the 209 primers. How much more efficient can a round get?
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314