Joe @ Red Jacket Introduction!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

STL/N.E.R.D.S.
Silent But Deadly

Re: Joe @ Red Jacket Introduction!

Post by STL/N.E.R.D.S. »

I don't have a dog in this fight, but would certainly give an honest review of a demo can or cans. Have ammo, range, weapons and an itchy trigger finger, hopefully no ear protection required.
MOJO@RJF

Post by MOJO@RJF »

Here is the two piece core for the 50BMG systems, the system incorporates a re-director and a channel plate as well inside the Titanium tube. We do have a measured drop of 35 DB on a 22' barreled bolt gun from no can to our can, we had to adjust mic placement of the meter after the BMG killed the first mic in the military Spec location.(The company rep was pissed but we had a spare mic in the pack) Which is where the 119DB comes from but I have removed that to avoid confusion. Thank you for pointing that out.

whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

MOJO@RJF wrote:Here is the two piece core for the 50BMG systems, the system incorporates a re-director and a channel plate as well inside the Titanium tube. We do have a measured drop of 35 DB on a 22' barreled bolt gun from no can to our can, we had to adjust mic placement of the meter after the BMG killed the first mic in the military Spec location.(The company rep was pissed but we had a spare mic in the pack) Which is where the 119DB comes from but I have removed that to avoid confusion. Thank you for pointing that out.
I love the Steep to flat angle shift. Should work well w the changing PvT time plot.
I don't have a barrel over 3' long, but maybe this would work well on a 29-32" barrel. (Pulling your toe.)

I'm also love to test your cans. Variety of ammo, and temps 55F in morning to 75 in afternoon are common this month. No sound meter, but plenty of Suppressor owners ready to post subjective findings. Plus, the large # of realtime observers gives benefit of describing tonality and change over distance. (1m vs 100m)

Glad to provide LE letterhead requesting possession for purpose of testing, if it simplifies matters.
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
BearTHIS
Silent Operator

Post by BearTHIS »

Emilio wrote:Joe, I admire your tough skin and was serious about you leaving RG.

It took Harley a while to get over AMF too. :D

Some will consider RG here offensive and its about credibility and product. Please no more excuses from the show, many shows have been real and the camera can expose many things .

"LSU" is not a school, you will find some members here with "LSU" in their sig line. It stands for " Liberty Suppressor Underground". I came up with the term when Liberty wasn't getting the respect they " deserved". They too had thick skin but metered everything with proper equipment on video and also had independent testing @ NFAtalk and they provide great service! NOW they are well known and respected because of merit ,integrity , and great products. This should show you I'm not heartless or rabid.
Are you retarded? LSU = LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY... Not exactly unheard of either...
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

BearTHIS wrote: Are you retarded? LSU = LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY... Not exactly unheard of either...
You don't get it. He saw my sig line and thought I went to The school ," LSU " means something different here. Don't worry I won't call you retarded. :mrgreen:
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice looking 50 can Joe. :)
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Emilio wrote:Nice looking 50 can Joe. :)
Yes. More pics from multiple angles please.
Please PM me with your requirements for endusers to demo your can.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

whiterussian1974 wrote:
You would have to coordinate this through a SOT a PD can't just get cans without the transfer.

I wish it were that easy.

This is why there are PD demos but SOT of MG's, cans etc...
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Bendersquint wrote:
whiterussian1974 wrote:
You would have to coordinate this through a SOT a PD can't just get cans without the transfer.
I wish it were that easy.
This is why there are PD demos but SOT of MG's, cans etc...
I meant # of Ofrs in Dept., Purchasing Budget, etc. I expected that a salesman or designer would bring the can to demo.

We wouldn't want a transfer w/o demo. And we're the 4th most populace city in USA. So Miami, Phoenix, Houston sometimes set a trend for midsized Markets that don't follow NYC or LA's Liability Profiles.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

whiterussian1974 wrote: And we're the 4th most populace city in USA. So Miami, Phoenix, Houston sometimes set a trend for midsized Markets that don't follow NYC or LA's Liability Profiles.
Nice sales pitch. :wink:
MCKNBRD
Silent But Deadly

Post by MCKNBRD »

MOJO@RJF wrote:Here is the two piece core for the 50BMG systems, the system incorporates a re-director and a channel plate as well inside the Titanium tube. We do have a measured drop of 35 DB on a 22' barreled bolt gun from no can to our can, we had to adjust mic placement of the meter after the BMG killed the first mic in the military Spec location.(The company rep was pissed but we had a spare mic in the pack) Which is where the 119DB comes from but I have removed that to avoid confusion. Thank you for pointing that out.

For the love of all that is holy, can someone grab the pics and host it off the RJF website so I can see them? 'Weapon Related' sites are blocked at work!

(yeah, I know...)

Byrdman
MOJO@RJF

Post by MOJO@RJF »

Nah I didn't see your LSU (I had to go back and look to see what you were talking about...), I don't normally pay attention to sig lines. I was just stating that I had not been to LATech cause I had gone to other schools...

BTW Geaux LSU!!!

Emilio wrote:
BearTHIS wrote: Are you retarded? LSU = LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY... Not exactly unheard of either...
You don't get it. He saw my sig line and thought I went to The school ," LSU " means something different here. Don't worry I won't call you retarded. :mrgreen:
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice looking 50 can Joe. :)
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Message sent. Ball in your court.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

MCKNBRD wrote:...http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/compon ... 80d485.jpg...
For the love of all that is holy, can someone grab the pics and host it off the RJF website so I can see them? 'Weapon Related' sites are blocked at work!

(yeah, I know...)

Byrdman
Bounced off photobucket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
chili17
Elite Member

Post by chili17 »

Joe and Red Jacket sent us their .22 vigilant, 9mm hawker and sabre 5.56 can to play with and review. They are very serious and want honest opinions and feedback of their new line up.
Hipes Consulting Services LLC
FFL/SOT 07/02
North Texas
[email protected]
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

They requested my info as well.
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

chili17 wrote:Joe and Red Jacket sent us their .22 vigilant, 9mm hawker and sabre 5.56 can to play with and review. They are very serious and want honest opinions and feedback of their new line up.
Excellent example of Joe's stability and craft again shining through.

Test results will be fun to see.
Veritas
Silent But Deadly

Post by Veritas »

Quite honestly, I don't have the any respect for RJF, however, I do believe that Joe is a very intelligent person and he knows what he is doing. I think he deserves a fair chance, he is now the head of RJF, so I expect to see changes from what Will did to the company. There is a negative stigma to RJF, so Joe is guilty by association. I for one look at him and RJF, the TV shows, as separate individuals.

Its mostly like an "under new management" tag, either it fixes the problem or it doesnt. I believe that Joe can, on the show they have never made him look like a fool and he knows how s--t works, he is very good at what he does, so I think he deserves a fair chance. Clearly he is polite even as some of you are not, keep that in mind as it speaks to integrity! If it were anyone other than Joe, than I would have joined in on the beatdown :lol:
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

@ Joe Emails and messages sent still waiting for reply.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Joe read my email as well.....no reply.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

chili17 wrote:Joe and Red Jacket sent us their .22 vigilant, 9mm hawker and sabre 5.56 can to play with and review. They are very serious and want honest opinions and feedback of their new line up.

You heard anything from them?
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Well then, where are links to your review/eval?
That was the whole point of them allowing you to demo, right?
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

Even before I saw this thread...... No Thanks.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Looks like they said no thanks. LOL
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Sounds like test /demo cans on way to shoot and abuse. Not sure what all is on way.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Wonder who is getting them...