Joe @ Red Jacket Introduction!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

JasonNC
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Joe @ Red Jacket Introduction!

Post by JasonNC »

Well it sounds like Joe supplied some products, where are the reviews?
It is not the Death Rattle in the throat of Western civilization which is surprising: it is the fact that millions of Americans believe that the death rattle is a beautiful song!
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

JasonNC wrote:Well it sounds like Joe supplied some products, where are the reviews?
Joe said he was going to send some product to me for testing and since then has disappeared.

Spoke with a couple people he said he was sending stuff to as well and noone has received anything.
JasonNC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JasonNC »

Chili17 reported getting 3 cans for testing and then nothing.

???
It is not the Death Rattle in the throat of Western civilization which is surprising: it is the fact that millions of Americans believe that the death rattle is a beautiful song!
presto

Post by presto »

I purchased one of the alumunium vigilant in May 2013. I just recieved my form 4 approval last week. I took the can shooting this weekend on a ruger 10/22 take down. I had two identical take downs. On one I had the RJF and my silencerco sparrow on the other. To my ear the Rjf supressor performed just as well as the sparrow. The rjf supressor had no noticeable frp.

When I get more time I will try to get a more comprehensive review.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

presto wrote:I purchased one of the alumunium vigilant in May 2013. I just recieved my form 4 approval last week. I took the can shooting this weekend on a ruger 10/22 take down. I had two identical take downs. On one I had the RJF and my silencerco sparrow on the other. To my ear the Rjf supressor performed just as well as the sparrow. The rjf supressor had no noticeable frp.

The true test is on a pistol. Even a YHM MITE is quiet on a rifle.
presto

Post by presto »

Bendersquint wrote:
presto wrote:I purchased one of the alumunium vigilant in May 2013. I just recieved my form 4 approval last week. I took the can shooting this weekend on a ruger 10/22 take down. I had two identical take downs. On one I had the RJF and my silencerco sparrow on the other. To my ear the Rjf supressor performed just as well as the sparrow. The rjf supressor had no noticeable frp.

The true test is on a pistol. Even a YHM MITE is quiet on a rifle.

Didn't have too much time other wise I would have done more through testing.
MOJO@RJF

Post by MOJO@RJF »

We worked VERY hard to have the lowest FRP of any suppressor we could find! We also have the most durable .22 can available!
MOJO@RJF

Post by MOJO@RJF »

I'm not sure we ever got your paper work Bender, if so let me check and we can pick back up on the demo.
Bendersquint wrote:
JasonNC wrote:Well it sounds like Joe supplied some products, where are the reviews?
Joe said he was going to send some product to me for testing and since then has disappeared.

Spoke with a couple people he said he was sending stuff to as well and noone has received anything.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

MOJO@RJF wrote:I'm not sure we ever got your paper work Bender, if so let me check and we can pick back up on the demo.
Bendersquint wrote:

And what about the rest who requested here. :roll: ( more excuses)
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

MOJO@RJF wrote:I'm not sure we ever got your paper work Bender, if so let me check and we can pick back up on the demo.
Bendersquint wrote:

You verified that you received it and told me that the forms were filed months ago.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

MOJO@RJF wrote:We also have the most durable .22 can available!
Got proof? Have you at least fired 556 through one like other companies have in vids?

Yes, lots of gullible people around so you will do fine but I get the newbe digging up an old post bit and you suddenly show. :mrgreen: And please don't say it was email notification because then I'll ask where you were when people where asking for SOUND DATA or DEMO CANs on this same thread. :idea:
MOJO@RJF

Post by MOJO@RJF »

Well Hell, let me verify,I thought that we sent out all the demo cans we had paperwork for.
Bendersquint wrote:
MOJO@RJF wrote:I'm not sure we ever got your paper

You verified that you received it and told me that the forms were filed months ago.
JasonNC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JasonNC »

Emilio wrote: but I get the newbe digging up an old post bit and you suddenly show. :mrgreen: And please don't say it was email notification
Hello Emilio,

I am the newbie that bumped the thread. If I misunderstood you then I apologize but I can assure you I am in no way affiliated with Joe or Red Jacket. I may be new here but I have a long history on other forums such as AR15.com, Glocktalk, Blade Forums and Rimfire central. I have just recently took possession of my first suppresors this summer and have the fever and sought out new information and here I am.

Having seen the show, the title of this thread had me reading and how it was left was someone reporting 3 products in hand and a pending review that appears to be 4 months overdue.

As for the demo controversy. Honestly of course everyone and their mother would have their hands out wanting free products to test. If it were me I'd only give it one or two sets and then redistribute those once I got them back. I think SRI would be a good candidate to start with from what I've read of their company and I hope Joe follows up with him.

I personally have no experience with Red Jackets products. I like their Bullpup stock because I am a bullpup fan but getting them appears a little hard to do and I think they are a little costly for what they are but thats just my opinion. I would love to be filled in on why Red Jacket is such a bad word around here though. Is it really shoddy products or just bad publicity from the show?

Thanks
Jason
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tango2249 »

JasonNC wrote:
Emilio wrote: but I get the newbe digging up an old post bit and you suddenly show. :mrgreen: And please don't say it was email notification
I would love to be filled in on why Red Jacket is such a bad word around here though. Is it really shoddy products or just bad publicity from the show?

Thanks
Jason
Because guys like Emilio only drink the Silencerco Juice! :mrgreen:
“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Tango2249 wrote:
Because guys like Emilio only drink the Silencerco Juice! :mrgreen:
Funny, I don't like them and don't own any. :idea: learn how to tango. :mrgreen:
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

JasonNC wrote:
Hello Emilio,

I am the newbie that bumped the thread. If I misunderstood you then I apologize but I can assure you I am in no way affiliated with Joe or Red Jacket. I may be new here but I have a long history on other forums such as AR15.com, Glocktalk, Blade Forums and Rimfire central. I have just recently took possession of my first suppresors this summer and have the fever and sought out new information and here I am.

Having seen the show, the title of this thread had me reading and how it was left was someone reporting 3 products in hand and a pending review that appears to be 4 months overdue.

As for the demo controversy. Honestly of course everyone and their mother would have their hands out wanting free products to test. If it were me I'd only give it one or two sets and then redistribute those once I got them back. I think SRI would be a good candidate to start with from what I've read of their company and I hope Joe follows up with him.

I personally have no experience with Red Jackets products. I like their Bullpup stock because I am a bullpup fan but getting them appears a little hard to do and I think they are a little costly for what they are but thats just my opinion. I would love to be filled in on why Red Jacket is such a bad word around here though. Is it really shoddy products or just bad publicity from the show?

Thanks
Jason
Sorry for the bum rap Jason. The short answer is they make big claims and are full of crap. ( a long pattern) if you think it's hard to get a bullpup try getting a suppressor repaired. :mrgreen:

Like you I have badly wanted a shotgun suppressor but it won't be from them or S-co!
WooD
Silent But Deadly

Post by WooD »

And it just keeps getting worst.....

This is internet news as far as I know, so it could be bullshit.

http://www.nola.com/crime/baton-rouge/i ... on_ch.html
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

WooD wrote:And it just keeps getting worst.....

I call BS on that one. Ex's actually do crazy things sometimes.... fan or no fan of RJF.
WooD
Silent But Deadly

Post by WooD »

rimshaker wrote:
WooD wrote:And it just keeps getting worst.....

I call BS on that one. Ex's actually do crazy things sometimes.... fan or no fan of RJF.

This is true. I had an ex that did something that would have made a good horror film script.
chili17
Elite Member

Post by chili17 »

crap, I thought I had posted my review. I sure hope I saved it! If I cannot find it, I will go through my notes and type up another.
Hipes Consulting Services LLC
FFL/SOT 07/02
North Texas
[email protected]
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

Emilio wrote:
MOJO@RJF wrote:We also have the most durable .22 can available!
Got proof? Have you at least fired 556 through one like other companies have in vids?

Yes, lots of gullible people around so you will do fine but I get the newbe digging up an old post bit and you suddenly show. :mrgreen: And please don't say it was email notification because then I'll ask where you were when people where asking for SOUND DATA or DEMO CANs on this same thread. :idea:
I know a guy that fired one round of 5.56 through an original Pilot and it held.
bitfi3nd
Senior Silent Operator

Post by bitfi3nd »

So I don't suppose these ever got tested?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

bitfi3nd wrote:So I don't suppose these ever got tested?
Only person that says they received a sample was CHILI but there were others including myself that were told they would receive them and well, still waiting.
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

Bendersquint wrote:
bitfi3nd wrote:So I don't suppose these ever got tested?
Only person that says they received a sample was CHILI but there were others including myself that were told they would receive them and well, still waiting.
Reminiscent of software development promises in the 1980's: Vaporware. :)
JasonNC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JasonNC »

I am sure everyone has seen this weeks news with Will Hayden. He made the news as mentioned previously in this thread but he has been rearrested. The series has been canceled and Red Jacket has filed to separate the company from Will. Next step is to change the name as it is now irreversible tainted with the original founders chargers, true or not. Their brand was once their strongest asset and is now their most detrimental if you ask me. It doesn't matter how good their products are, I wouldn't want a product with that brand on it. I know it may not be fair, Will may be innocent but do you want to think of a 12 y/o old girl being raped every time you look at your $1000 silencer?? False accusations or not... No thanks...