Joe @ Red Jacket Introduction!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

MOJO@RJF

Joe @ Red Jacket Introduction!

Post by MOJO@RJF »

Hey Guys,

I wanted to introduced myself to the forum! We have revamped our entire suppressor line and I wanted to be available if any one had any questions. We are really proud of the new line of cans and really have some great items for the market.

Here is a shot of our modular Hawker Subgun cans internals.

http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/index. ... &Itemid=71

Joe Meaux
CEO Red jacket Firearms LLC

Thank you Robert!
hyrulejedi86
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Joe @ Red Jacket Introduction!

Post by hyrulejedi86 »

Let me be the first to Welcome you to SilencerTalk! We enjoy Sons of Guns and hope the show continues on for you guys! The cans look awesome, I'm just getting into suppressors and look forward to your offerings!
dan9591
Silent But Deadly

Post by dan9591 »

And there goes the credibility of this forum...
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

^ :)
laxguy59
Silent But Deadly

Post by laxguy59 »

Got any meter data?
MOJO@RJF

Post by MOJO@RJF »

Thank you guys, I feel we have made some great strides in NFA and suppressor designs that compare with the best and we have some innovative products that have caught some eyes and will change a few minds.

We do have some meter data, but we do most of our sound testing by comparing our designs with the catalog of comparative cans we have from many vendors. Quieter than an Outback two and less first round pop than of a Sparrow and is indestructible is easy to understand and what most people will find valuable. We also welcome any open reviews.

I had a couple PM's about the secondary Blast cup on the Hawker, the design does imparts a spin to the gases, this addition showed substantial wear reduction and does help with sound reduction.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

MOJO@RJF wrote:... Quieter than an Outback two and less first round pop than of a Sparrow and is indestructible ...
Are you talking about the Hawker listed above or one of the other 22lr cans at the site?

Good references that most can relate to.

If you can get some cans in the hands of the folks who run this site I'm sure they'd try to find the time to test them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Buzduk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Buzduk »

doubloon wrote:
MOJO@RJF wrote:... Quieter than an Outback two and less first round pop than of a Sparrow and is indestructible ...
Are you talking about the Hawker listed above or one of the other 22lr cans at the site?

Good references that most can relate to.

If you can get some cans in the hands of the folks who run this site I'm sure they'd try to find the time to test them.
We don't have any metering equipment but we have a lot of other .22 cans lying around that would make a great video comparison!
Matt
Form4
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(631) 721-6201
http://form4.org/
MOJO@RJF

Post by MOJO@RJF »

That is in relation to the Vigilant .22 can but was just an example, We would be going apples to apples.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

I see the 22lr on your site for $249 and I found a video you posted of the Vigilant for $249 so I'm assuming it's the same can even though it doesn't say "Vigilant" on the web site. Not really criticism just an observation.

The performance you describe in the quoted spec's for $249 seems quite respectable. Looking forward to some third party reviews.

ETA: Oops just noticed the "SS" suppressor on your site listed for $449 mentions the name Vigilant. Still looking forward to the reviews.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
MOJO@RJF

Post by MOJO@RJF »

The .22 Vigilant @ $249 intro price is 7075 and Type III hard anodized. It Holds up to almost anything you could throw at it in rimfire. We ran 3200 continuous rounds of Hi velocity CCI and bulk from an AM180 in just over an hour, only stops were to load the 8 225 and 300+ round drums. I really thought it would be dead after the first set of drums but it just never died. We do not and can not recommend the Aluminum Vigilant .22 for the AM180 or belt fed autos but we try and run our cans to failure when ever possible... We ran our of ammo so we called the test...

The Vigilant SS is for that over Kill for 5.7 or magnum F/A use or where you want a dippable can.
black-sheep
Silent But Deadly

Post by black-sheep »

MOJO@RJF wrote:The .22 Vigilant @ $249 intro price is 7075 and Type III hard anodized. It Holds up to almost anything you could throw at it in rimfire. We ran 3200 continuous rounds of Hi velocity CCI and bulk from an AM180 in just over an hour, only stops were to load the 8 225 and 300+ round drums. I really thought it would be dead after the first set of drums but it just never died. We do not and can not recommend the Aluminum Vigilant .22 for the AM180 or belt fed autos but we try and run our cans to failure when ever possible... We ran our of ammo so we called the test...

The Vigilant SS is for that over Kill for 5.7 or magnum F/A use or where you want a dippable can.
Can you post some pictures of the can after the test???
MOJO@RJF

Post by MOJO@RJF »

Absolutely! I'll try get some posted over the next couple days.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

Here is a repost of the PM I sent earlier today requesting info.
The company's site doesn't list if 9mm, .380, .300BLK are the only calibres available.
Since this thread is getting responses, I guess that I'll repost here.

Message subject: Re: Joe @ Red Jacket Introduction!
Sent: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:28 pm
To: MOJO@RJF
whiterussian1974 wrote:Subject: Joe @ Red Jacket Introduction!
MOJO@RJF wrote:Here is a shot of our modular Hawker Subgun cans internals.

Joe Meaux
CEO Red jacket Firearms LLC
Could you send a face-on photo of the shiny module that fits just after the Blast chamber (seen at lower left in above pic). I'd like to see if you are drilling straight in or at an angle, ei. swirling the gasses.
Is this only 9mm or will it allow .40?
I also love your .50 suppressed upper. Does it fit on a bullpup lower?
Looks like I may have 2 new toys to buy this year. :)
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
MOJO@RJF

Post by MOJO@RJF »

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 349&type=1

Here are the pics of the Vigilant aluminum test core, the Core we tested was a non-anodized.

the Hawker Blast baffle is right out of the machine.

I'm not sure what Bullbup but we do put the 50BMG suppressor system on the Barret 95 and 99
Tony M.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tony M. »

MOJO@RJF wrote:https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 349&type=1

Here are the pics of the Vigilant aluminum test core, the Core we tested was a non-anodized.

I'm not sure what Bullbup but we do put the 50BMG suppressor system on the Barret 95 and 99
Any chance you could post the photos in such a way that us non-facebook users could see them?
plumber576
Silent Operator

Post by plumber576 »

Tony M. wrote:
MOJO@RJF wrote:https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 349&type=1

Any chance you could post the photos in such a way that us non-facebook users could see them?
on the left: UNAnodized Vigilant core subjected to 3200 rounds of Hi-Velocity Ammo continuously from 8 drums on an American 180 machine gun(1700 RPM), and it lived!!!!

Right: a New Anodized Vigilant core to compare with

Almost no change, we are very proud of the design and materials, every other aluminum can would have melted to Slag!
BOTTOM: UNAnodized Vigilant core subjected to 3200 rounds of Hi-Velocity Ammo continuously from 8 drums on an American 180 machine gun(1700 RPM), and it lived!!!!

TOP: a New Anodized Vigilant core to compare with

Almost no change, we are very proud of the design and materials, every other aluminum can would have melted to Slag!
LEFT: UNAnodized Vigilant core subjected to 3200 rounds of Hi-Velocity Ammo continuously from 8 drums on an American 180 machine gun(1700 RPM), and it lived!!!!

RIGHT: a New Anodized Vigilant core to compare with

Hawker Blast cup straight off the machine!
plumber576
Silent Operator

Post by plumber576 »

My question: Could we get some more pics/video/info on the KSG suppressor?
MOJO@RJF

Post by MOJO@RJF »

We are about 95% done with the internal baffle structure and function but at 80% on the final production construction methods. We have a couple ideas to bring the cost down and I want to hold for final info but do you have any particular questions? We have patents on the mount system and the suppressor itself.
eric10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by eric10mm »

dan9591 wrote:And there goes the credibility of this forum...
I believe the phrase is, Here comes the neighborhood. :mrgreen:
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

eric10mm wrote:
dan9591 wrote:And there goes the credibility of this forum...
I believe the phrase is, Here comes the neighborhood. :mrgreen:
I thought it was "there goes the neighborhood "

Just my opinion but,,,,,I don't like the arrogant boss man who think he invented things that has been around for years. Then he runs off the only guy who can build AR's ( easy) for a son in law who knows nothing.

Now you get $$$ for TV because of ignorant people who like to see thing blown up and can now afford a CNC and mill that no one knows how to use!

Your sound equipment was radio shack at best. :cry:

Now you " can" and it's another " game changer"? :shock: :shock:

This can says "ready to ship" but still working on it?

Yes, my boy used to watch the show and it made me laugh but this is the wrong forum amigo! Sell it on TV with the clapper and slap chop. :lol:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
MOJO@RJF

Post by MOJO@RJF »

Just my opinion but,,,,,I don't like the arrogant boss man who think he invented things that has been around for years. Then he runs off the only guy who can build AR's ( easy) for a son in law who knows nothing.

Don't confuse the show or show builds with our real products, I'm sure you enjoy Movies, treat it as such.

Now you get $$$ for TV because of ignorant people who like to see thing blown up and can now afford a CNC and mill that no one knows how to use!

TV don't pay the bills, but it is a hell of a marketing tool and has brought thousands of new shooters in our community and industry and more people into the world of NFA.

Your sound equipment was radio shack at best. :cry:

We Rent a Brüel & Kjær Impulse Meter when we meter our cans and have shown to do so even on the show though the editing take some liberties of what is seen and whom is running the equipment. Pretty colors and waterfall readings on laptops are apparently better for the viewer. Take the show for what it is ,which is entertainment ,the audience is not really you and I and the majority of forum goers

Now you " can" and it's another " game changer"? :shock: :shock:

I'm not sure what your asking here

This can says "ready to ship" but still working on it?

Which Can do you speak of? The only suppressor we don't have ready to ship discussed in this thread is the KSG and no where does it even list it as other than "coming soon"

Yes, my boy used to watch the show and it made me laugh but this is the wrong forum amigo! Sell it on TV with the clapper and slap chop. :lol:[/quote]

I'm glad you watched it but again don't confuse our products with TV show stuff though we sell plenty of t shirts because of it too.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Welcome to the site MOJO@RJF.

As you are probably beginning to get the drift, the makeup of this site personas are an eclectic mix... ranging from hard core to the drooling idiot. BS meters are pretty finely tuned here, and the "I'm an authority cause..." is the linguistic/additutional equivalent to the proverbial turd floating in the punch bowl. No implication, just a comment to a selfidentified/recognized other world entity. Your indicated association with " that show", that has been a topic in a number of threads, makes your initial presence sans the welcoming flowers or the key to the city. More like strap your iron assplate on and weather the tomatoe throwing. Fair? Nope, but it is what it is. You won't be cut any slack regardless of who you might think you are. You'll survive if you're the real McCoy. And if so, we will benifit from your fresh blood input.

IMHO, you will find this site to be one of the most premier and knowledgeable collections of (US) NFA understandings/resources, (a positive element of the Treasury Dept. is represented), in manufacturers, dealers, and users... as well as international perspective. (Just stay away from Lava... he/she is all mine :mrgreen: )

You might want to make contact with rsilvers, our inimitable host/site overlord. An outstanding, although slightly marred by priveledge of societal elitism, personality. (He hasn't actually banned me...yet anyway, for my indescretion(s)). There is a site section for those of your professional ilk. Not that you would be confined to it, but it might lend itself to a platform for product specificity.

My SSNcN and I look forward to your continued class act on initial contact, and post replies. Wish you the best on finding a seat at the table. (I reserve the idiosycracy to edit my posts for 15 minutes after the initial post).

Carry on.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
CDT45ACP

Post by CDT45ACP »

Hello Red Jacket! Your timing (and perhaps mine) seem to be aligned!

I just got my Trust completed and notarized. I am in the market for from 2-4 cans. First I want a .22LR can that I can clean easily and will last a LONG time without a rebuild/destruction-reconstruction. I say this cuz I bought an integrally suppressed .22lr before I knew that .22lr cans need serious cleaning....

I think I want a .22LR, a .223, a .308 and a .45 (for 45acp but if it will work on a 45-70 it won't hurt my feelings). I have looked at specs and videos and felt cans from various vendors. I like the Silencerco stuff best it seems and here is why: The Sparrow for ,22LR seems very easy to maintain, the Saker seems well thought out with it's modular mounting an replaceable end cap and the Osprey with it's eccentric bore alignment seems to fit a handgun well (and still be able to use the sights - iron or holographic, etc.). But, I am a relative FNG to suppressors and need advice.

What would you recommend from your line for .22LR, rifles in .223 and .308 up to 30-06 and for pistols up to .45ACP?

I live in Georgia. Do you have any dealers here? Do you want any dealers here?

BTW, I did like the show :)
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

CDT45ACP wrote:Hello Red Jacket! Your timing (and perhaps mine) seem to be aligned!

I just got my Trust completed and notarized. I am in the market for from 2-4 cans. First I want a .22LR can that I can clean easily and will last a LONG time without a rebuild/destruction-reconstruction. I say this cuz I bought an integrally suppressed .22lr before I knew that .22lr cans need serious cleaning....

I think I want a .22LR, a .223, a .308 and a .45 (for 45acp but if it will work on a 45-70 it won't hurt my feelings). I have looked at specs and videos and felt cans from various vendors. I like the Silencerco stuff best it seems and here is why: The Sparrow for ,22LR seems very easy to maintain, the Saker seems well thought out with it's modular mounting an replaceable end cap and the Osprey with it's eccentric bore alignment seems to fit a handgun well (and still be able to use the sights - iron or holographic, etc.). But, I am a relative FNG to suppressors and need advice.

What would you recommend from your line for .22LR, rifles in .223 and .308 up to 30-06 and for pistols up to .45ACP?

I live in Georgia. Do you have any dealers here? Do you want any dealers here?

BTW, I did like the show :)
CDT... applaude your enthusiasm. Suggest you make this a "new post" on the forum if you want recognized input.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick