NFA Dealer Rant / Question

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

azoutlaw

NFA Dealer Rant / Question

Post by azoutlaw »

I am so pissed at my NFA dealer right now (large gun club in Scottsdale) Turns out they have been sitting on an approved tax stamp for over two weeks now. Apparently, the person who handles NFA transfers at this place was out on vacation for a week and half. A gun club this large, and only ONE person can hand out tax stamps? No manager? Anybody else?

And here is the best part, she returned today and I talked to her....she was like yes we have your stamp but we are busy so it may take towards the end of this week to process. Are you freaking kidding me? Why can't they just hand me my stamp and item.

Doesn't it technically belong to me now and they can't hold it?

It is bad enough that you have to wait 10 months on the ATF, but then have to wait for your dealer too? Most reputable dealers notify you the same day the stamp is returned.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Re: NFA Dealer Rant / Question

Post by 66427vette »

Trust me know dealer wants your stuff any longer than they have to. Some places have only 1 person who handles NFA paperwork. I get ours out same day 99% of the but sometimes things come up. Have a drink and relax a bit what is a few more days after 10 months.
azoutlaw

Post by azoutlaw »

66427vette wrote:Trust me know dealer wants your stuff any longer than they have to. Some places have only 1 person who handles NFA paperwork. I get ours out same day 99% of the but sometimes things come up. Have a drink and relax a bit what is a few more days after 10 months.
I agree with you, it just frustrates me that a very large gun club, only has one person who can give me my stamp. How much processing needs to be done at this point? Isn't it basically here is your stamp and item? What does the dealer have to do after receiving a stamp?
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

If they are who I think they are they could of received stacks of approved plus items back. Call everyone, pull items from vault, call you , fill out 4473, log it out. Not being unreasonable as she was gone for week and half . It will be ok.:)

It is not yours until you fill out 4473. Piss them off they could cancel your transfer lol. :)
azoutlaw

Post by azoutlaw »

66427vette wrote:If they are who I think they are they could of received stacks of approved plus items back. Call everyone, pull items from vault, call you , fill out 4473, log it out. Not being unreasonable as she was gone for week and half . It will be ok.:)

It is not yours until you fill out 4473. Piss them off they could cancel your transfer lol. :)
So basically it is just like a regular firearm transaction at this point....I wonder if when they call, they are going to have me make an appointment to pick it up. Sorry just venting, I don't understand why such a high volume dealer would only have one person capable of doing this.

Thanks for your responses.
Nuclear
Silent Operator

Post by Nuclear »

They only have one person doing it because the volume of NFA sales isn't enough to justify having more than one full time person devoted to it. She is probably the designated person for NFA activities there, which would simplify the dealer's paperwork when it comes to answering the ATF's questions during audits (I'm assuming the ATF does audits of NFA dealers). At such time as business justifies having another person, I'm sure they would train another person and go through whatever certification is needed. Yes, it would be nice if they had another person to take over during vacations, but I have never worked a job in my professional life that someone else covered anything but emergencies while I was on vacation.

If it is the place I'm thinking of, you don't need to make an appointment, just show up and let them know you are there to pick up your item.
azoutlaw

Post by azoutlaw »

Nuclear wrote:They only have one person doing it because the volume of NFA sales isn't enough to justify having more than one full time person devoted to it. She is probably the designated person for NFA activities there, which would simplify the dealer's paperwork when it comes to answering the ATF's questions during audits (I'm assuming the ATF does audits of NFA dealers). At such time as business justifies having another person, I'm sure they would train another person and go through whatever certification is needed. Yes, it would be nice if they had another person to take over during vacations, but I have never worked a job in my professional life that someone else covered anything but emergencies while I was on vacation.

If it is the place I'm thinking of, you don't need to make an appointment, just show up and let them know you are there to pick up your item.
Thank you for your response. How long should I wait now before inquiring again, end of week?
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Call them in AM.
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

Had a bad transaction with a Large Gun Club in Scottsdale, will never do business with them again.

Once the stamp comes in, there is no additional paperwork. You fill out a 4473, they hand you item + stamp done.
jreinke
Silent But Deadly

Post by jreinke »

Had similar experience with a large "paint" company in Wisconsin with their NFA guy many years back. I came to the conclusion that the only reason anyone that incompetent was working there had to be nepotism! Then to add insult to injury they charged me $160 for the transfer fee. That was the first and LAST time I utilized their services.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member1236.png[/img][/url]
ericlw
Senior Silent Operator

Post by ericlw »

The last can i bought was taking forever.I called the ATF and they told me my stamp was sent over a month ago. I called my dealer to find out what the deal was. They told me they couldn't contact me because my phone number on my bill of sale was wrong.Which itself is interesting because I have purchased many guns from them and have a copy of my trust and they know I have purchased silencers before with them. bone heads….
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

jreinke wrote:I came to the conclusion that the only reason anyone that incompetent was working there had to be nepotism!
Diversity hire. That's what you get for buying so many slaves w your after-tax, minimum wage earnings.

You shouldn't have been so cruel, predatory and abusive 200 yrs ago.

Interestingly, if you had been born into a different body; you would be REWARDED for that SAME disspicable behaviour that you committed 200 yrs ago!
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
azoutlaw

Post by azoutlaw »

I am really pissed now....the gun club told me it would be towards the end of the week (at beginning of this week). I called this afternoon and now she said she will try to get to it sometime next week as she is still behind. A tax stamp sitting at a dealer for weeks is NOT acceptable.

Time for me to start posting up negative reviews and share my experience on every review board now.
azoutlaw

Post by azoutlaw »

renegade wrote:Had a bad transaction with a Large Gun Club in Scottsdale, will never do business with them again.

Once the stamp comes in, there is no additional paperwork. You fill out a 4473, they hand you item + stamp done.
Exactly what I thought. Would it happen to be Scottsdale Gun Club? Am I allowed to say their name here?
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

azoutlaw wrote:
renegade wrote:Had a bad transaction with a Large Gun Club in Scottsdale, will never do business with them again.

Exactly what I thought. Would it happen to be Scottsdale Gun Club? Am I allowed to say their name here?
Bingo!!!
That's the beauty of competition.
When companies get too big, they forget that Repeat Business creates success.
Crap on your patrons, word of mouth advertising works both ways.
1 negative review neutralizes 20 positive.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

azoutlaw wrote:I am really pissed now....the gun club told me it would be towards the end of the week (at beginning of this week). I called this afternoon and now she said she will try to get to it sometime next week as she is still behind. A tax stamp sitting at a dealer for weeks is NOT acceptable.

Time for me to start posting up negative reviews and share my experience on every review board now.
She could clean up 30 people a day if she wanted to but it's sound like they have other priorities. Try showing up and demand it. :mrgreen:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Emilio wrote:She could clean up 30 people a day if she wanted to but it's sound like they have other priorities. Try showing up and demand it. :mrgreen:
Type up a Demand Letter stating that their Negligent handling of turning your Approved Item over to you is creating Financial Damages that require immediate redress. If you can document any Financial Harm, that will bolster your case.

It should at least get Management attention. But it COULD backfire and make them sit on it longer out of spite. :(

PS: 5 customers per hr = only 6hrs per day for 30 cans. Does she only work 30hrs a week because of Obamacare?
azoutlaw

Post by azoutlaw »

whiterussian1974 wrote:
Emilio wrote:She could clean up 30 people a day if she wanted to but it's sound like they have other priorities. Try showing up and demand it. :mrgreen:
Type up a Demand Letter stating that their Negligent handling of turning your Approved Item over to you is creating Financial Damages that require immediate redress. If you can document any Financial Harm, that will bolster your case.

It should at least get Management attention. But it COULD backfire and make them sit on it longer out of spite. :(

PS: 5 customers per hr = only 6hrs per day for 30 cans. Does she only work 30hrs a week because of Obamacare?

Well said. How long could it possible take to call people up and tell them their tax stamp is there, sound like they have other priorities. It is Saturday and still no call. I have posted a review on every site I could find and documented my experience.