Osprey 45, Octane 45 hd, tirant 45

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

vicryder

Osprey 45, Octane 45 hd, tirant 45

Post by vicryder »

I am going to purchase a .45 Silencer. My hosts are 1911, Glock 23 with 9mm and .40 barrels, and 300blkout subs. Is one of these better than the other or are they all pretty much the same?
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Re: Osprey 45, Octane 45 hd, tirant 45

Post by chrismartin »

Octane all the way.

Uses all the same mounts as the octane 9 and osprey.
CTA baffles are all steel and seal together making disassembly easier than the TiRant as the design keeps carbon build up from gluing them to the tube.

The design of the osprey allowing for lower sights would be the only reason to pick it over the octane.

As good as the TiRant is, I can't think of any reason to pick it over the octane.
MrFixIt7

Post by MrFixIt7 »

Having only the tirant I don't feel qualified to recommend it over the others but I will say I've been extremely happy with it for the past 2 years. I've run it on a couple 45s and recently picked up a 9mm P226 it will run on as well. For the size and suppression it's surprisingly light even on smaller hosts. While it does pick up some carbon on the tube I've never found disassembly difficult even after a weekend of putting 1000 rounds through it.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

Octane hd, and Tirant...which is lighter? That would be the deciding factor for me. As far as cleaning goes, I've never cleaned my TiRant so that wouldn't be a factor to me. I'll clean it when there would be some reason other than to make it pretty inside again.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Octane 45 is the top can to get. All stainless baffles and the tube is completely protected. Plus you have options for fixed thread mounts.

Tirant and Osprey were the top choices 3-4 years ago. Get the Octane.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Octane all the way. Slightly shorter (. 25) maybe .6 oz heavier but SS guts and the tube stays clean. Easiest 45 can to clean by far..

If you ever shoot lead or 22lr you want the Octane. If not, you will still want anyway. :mrgreen:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!