Alpha Dog Silencers

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Re: Alpha Dog Silencers

Post by whiterussian1974 »

rjs1000 wrote: These objections could be applied whole cloth to bendersquint and SRI who has been around for years. You have a better chance of getting out of Gitmo than seeing any pictures of his stuff, yet you trash a brand new company?
Not at all hating. Now that they've directed me to the info I was looking for, I thought that I actually praised them for their openness and said it garnered greater respect and credibility from me.
My quote about April 1st Joke was explained in the quote from their homepage dated April 1, 2014.
(And also agree w your remarks on Bender/SRI. They seem to be good at Jailbreaking, but not anything else. Never a single new design idea or improvement. Just playing Attorney General.)
tsands974 wrote:I look forward to seeing what you guys produce; always glad to see another company forging into the suppressor world. I don't understand the pointless flaming of every new company who steps up to the plate and introduces their product here.
Probably jealousy from those who haven't been able to market their own designs. It's typical to spurn what we don't understand. And ridicule what we're unable to accomplish ourselves.
tsands974 wrote:Let the facts speak for themselves once legitimate reviews, meterings, prices, and performance ratings are out. Good luck to you guys, hope you have something worthwhile.
Totally agree. I'd love to see them come out w innovative designs and cause another step in Suppression Evolution.
It looks like they are willing to push forward w unorthodox shapes and ideas. I wish them the very best and look forward to them publishing more info, vids, pics, etc. And moving to TX of course. :lol:
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

rjs1000 wrote: These objections could be applied whole cloth to bendersquint and SRI who has been around for years. You have a better chance of getting out of Gitmo than seeing any pictures of his stuff, yet you trash a brand new company?
Yes, we have been around for years, as you know we specialize in repairing broken and outdated cans, jailbreaking, custom accessories, recoring, prototyping, subcontracting to other mfg's and building of complete custom cans.

When we have a line item product line(mass production cookie cutter cans) we will post them with all the information that is associated with it(pictures, dB results, material specs lists etc.....). We haven't had the time to complete any of them which is why there isn't any information posted.

I am sorry as far as custom work goes I personally do not feel it is my place to post specs for everyone to see, I leave it up to my customer to post the work I have done if they so choose, some have posted and others have not.

Personally I am excited to see what AlphaDog is bringing to the table, its nice to see another eccentric can and look forward to hearing how it performs.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Alphas, from your PR pics it looks like you are using B-baffles. Is this correct?

Are you using the rail as a diversion stream? Cross jetting?

What Theories/Methods are you using for suppression? Are there any parts that we haven't seen under your "news" tab? Are the parts CNC or cast? Image 18 seems like it could go either way.

Very much looking forward to some better quality/resolution demo vids.

I agree that posting SPL #s is largely meaningless. Have you made arangements to access frequency spectrum recordings? The 100-2,000Hz range seems to be the most important. Higher freqs damp out quickly in atmospheric air. Lower freqs don't seem to bother people and are considered "sweet" sounding.

Hope to hear from you. Best Wishes on rapid growth and excellent Customer Service. :D
MCKNBRD
Silent But Deadly

Post by MCKNBRD »

AlphaDogSilencers wrote:The thing you won't find us doing is quoting decibel reduction numbers as they are too dependant on combo of host weapon, ammo type, weather conditions, etc.
This is why you see folks using the established Mil Std for sound pressure reduction; it is a standard that is easily repeatable. The other trick is to have reference data collected at the same time; simply shoot the host firearm without the can and collect the data.
We have yet to see a manufacturers claims that aren't heavily contested by everyone. We guaruntee hearing safe levels with no ear protection which we believe to be the most important part of shooting suppressed.
Well, I'm not going to speak for Mfr claims, but I can say that there are folks that test independently and have a decent amount of respect for their data.

Also, 'hearing safe with no ear protection' is pretty bold; of course, those claims are going to depend on host weapon, ammo, atmospheric conditions, etc.

Byrdman
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

MCKNBRD wrote:
AlphaDogSilencers wrote:The thing you won't find us doing is quoting decibel reduction numbers as they are too dependant on combo of host weapon, ammo type, weather conditions, etc.
This is why you see folks using the established Mil Std for sound pressure reduction; it is a standard that is easily repeatable. The other trick is to have reference data collected at the same time; simply shoot the host firearm without the can and collect the data.
It's also Customary but not Universal to post atm data. IE: 57F, 29.97"Hg, and wind/terrain if outside.
Mil Std is open field or smooth ground, but inside a padded chamber is often used, too.
Maybe even a more controlled environment for pistol rds.

Good Morning Byrdman. :D
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

This will be a big problem for you moving forward.
AlphaDogSilencers wrote:We have yet to see a manufacturers claims that aren't heavily contested by everyone.

Compared blindly, manufacturer's numbers are almost useless. That said, testing yours side by side against known industry standards like Silencerco has masterfully done in their videos (Even showing the times your product loses) goes a long way towards giving claims legitimacy. As a result, Silencerco's numbers are not heavily contested by everyone.

Early on, Silvers and Mike Smith, Al Paulson, and Matt Pallet (and others) did a lot of time consuming work in this area.
AlphaDogSilencers wrote:We guaruntee hearing safe levels with no ear protection which we believe to be the most important part of shooting suppressed.
No, not really. Because an "OSHA Hearing Safe" can at 138dB is a turd compared to an also-"OSHA Hearing Safe" can at 130dB.

If you don't show honest numbers/comparisons up front, you can sell a bunch to rubes out of the gate, but you risk the backlash that you see currently with companies like Huntertown or some YHM where people finally receive their cans and the performance is not good.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
MCKNBRD
Silent But Deadly

Post by MCKNBRD »

Well, in Matt's defense (which he really doesn't need), I not only saw some of his products this weekend, but put a few rounds through them, too. Production prototypes for SRI cans & integrals, as well as recores he did. AND he got several of them metered.

As far as pictures of his .22 Dagger, imagine a black tube, about 1" in diameter and 5-1/2ish inches long, with a bead blasted SS endcap that threaded on to the host. Pretty much like all the other .22LR cans. Damn thing was stupid quiet, too. So were the other cans on the line that he had.

But, this thread is about Alpha Dog. Not SRI.

Looking forward to seeing what they bring to the table and how they sound.

Byrdman
doubleajaybrock
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubleajaybrock »

It kind of looks like an AAC Black Box 45 can with a picatiny rail on the bottom.
-Form 1 SBR AR
-AAC Ti-rant 45
-Silencerco 22 Sparrow
-AAC 762 SDN-6
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

Will they be available without the rail?

I look at the rail and see extra weight on the can. Plus, I would never hang anything on a can.
LawBob
Silent But Deadly

Post by LawBob »

Will you make it without that goofy rail?
AlphaDogSilencers

Post by AlphaDogSilencers »

For those that were asking, we've posted some new/better videos of our suppressor in action on youtube. Descriptions of what your watching is listed under the vids.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeaMAP ... jpEYZQLWpg.

We're still working on some detailed info of our baffle structure/internals and intend to make it available on our website as soon as possible. Sorry for the delay.
HKschalldampfer

Post by HKschalldampfer »

First off I wish you guys the best of luck. It's always good to see fresh ideas and outside the box thinking. Curious about numbers even if they are relative to certain temps and weather conditions or some side by side comparison like Silencerco has done in the past with known silencers. My biggest concern thus far is the picatinny rail. I noticed in one of the videos the silencer had a light mounted to it. To activate the light one would have to turn it on and leave it on or have to remove their weak hand from the weapon to manipulate that light and hope you don't need to fire in that moment. It would prove difficult to take advantage of momentary on/off switches on the back of the weapon light.
tcba_joe
Silent But Deadly

Post by tcba_joe »

Hows the heat transfer to the mounted accessories?
AlphaDogSilencers

Post by AlphaDogSilencers »

Heat transfer to accessories is virtually non existent. It gets warm, but nowhere near hot enough to damage the accessory. By adding the rail to our suppressor we've incorporated dozens of heat dissipation points. Every edge on the rail allows heat to escape effectively. The result is a much cooler operating temp than our competitors. By cooling the suppressor efficiently, we're able to achieve very good Db level reductions. This is one of our patent pending features. We'll post actual temp levels, comparison data and Db reduction figures as soon as possible.

As suggested previously by other members, we're looking into a third party that can perform the tests in an effort to reduce perceived bias on claims.
Grounded
Silent But Deadly

Post by Grounded »

HK91 wrote:Why did you begin a firearms related manufacturing business in Connecticut? Seems like a poor choice for any shooting related business. Same for NY, IL, CA, MD, HI, or any other state that does not support the 2nd Amendment.

HK91
How bout MA as well.

We have

S&W
Kahr
Savage
Diamond head
Yankee Hill
Troy

Plus a litany of small shops turning out high end stuff that most can't even own in the state.
07/02 behind enemy lines
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Grounded wrote:
HK91 wrote:Why did you begin a firearms related manufacturing business in Connecticut? Seems like a poor choice for any shooting related business. Same for NY, IL, CA, MD, HI, or any other state that does not support the 2nd Amendment.

HK91
How bout MA as well.

We have

S&W
Kahr
Savage
Diamond head
Yankee Hill
Troy

Plus a litany of small shops turning out high end stuff that most can't even own in the state.
But most of those companies were started before MA was lost.
Grounded
Silent But Deadly

Post by Grounded »

Bendersquint wrote:
Grounded wrote:

HK91
How bout MA as well.

We have

S&W
Kahr
Savage
Diamond head
Yankee Hill
Troy

But most of those companies were started before MA was lost.
There only saving grace haha.
07/02 behind enemy lines