Osprey 45

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

chrisfs

Osprey 45

Post by chrisfs »

Hi Folks,

First time post, long time lurking the forums... I just completed my trust and a purchase with silencershop.com for an Osprey 45 ( e-file ) so now the wait begins! Hopefully it's inside of 4 months like they said it should be. I'm totally new to suppressors so wanted your thoughts if you don't mind. I have an Ed Brown Special Forces in 45 and an HK P-30 in 40 I plan on using as hosts for this can. The HK barrel will be a few months out as they're impossible to find but the 1911 barrel shouldn't be too rough. I've read that Nighthawk makes good threaded barrels. Would you guys recommend the Nighthawk barrel ? If not, what barrel would you recommend ? As far as gunsmiths go to fit it ( I wish I knew how to do it myself but don't ) I'm thinking of a local guy unless you think there's someone specific who would be better suited. Thanks in advance for your thoughts/recommendations.

Chris
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Re: Osprey 45

Post by MJF1911 »

Take a look at the Storm Lake. They make both drop in and gunsmith fit barrels for the 1911. 1911s vary enough that I went with the gunsmith fit one and it took about 20 minutes for my gunsmith to get it to work.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K
BigBoyToyz

Post by BigBoyToyz »

I had debated myself with getting a 1911 like yours, but I went with the NightHawk instead.
Hopefully your dealer efiled it before the shutdown.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

The threaded storm lake semi fit w/ bushing is the best bang for the buck ( when on sale) and they shoot quite well. I have a cut 6" i fitted on a modded $250 Norinco and its a tack diver.

However for a pricier Ed Brown I would make sure your barrel bushing and link is custom fitted to reduce odd wear. The suppressor is also going to foul the snot out of the gun so be aware of that too. ( thus the Norinco's) :lol:

Ask your smith what he suggests and that might tell you if he's worthy. :mrgreen:

Barsto and Kart are good barrels and you can cut 6" barrels for better variety and get rid of the dreaded 1/2" gap before the can.
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
Toxarch
Silent Operator

Post by Toxarch »

How are they going to e-file if they government e-file website is down indefinitely?
WC
Silent But Deadly

Post by WC »

Toxarch wrote:How are they going to e-file if they government e-file website is down indefinitely?

E-file is back up and working
Toxarch
Silent Operator

Post by Toxarch »

WC wrote:
Toxarch wrote:How are they going to e-file if they government e-file website is down indefinitely?

Thanks. Didn't know that.
But I feel that we should put "working" in quotes if it's the same as it was before.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

WC wrote:

But they are not processing forms 3, 4, or 1 yet. (only form 6s).

Form 4s will be the last one added back to the system, and no one knows how long that will take.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy