Prepper's Discount

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

ranb
Silent But Deadly

Prepper's Discount

Post by ranb »

I have a few videos on You Tube describing how to register and make silencers. I put them up after requests from a few people to make this information available to the hobbyist. Both my video production and lathe work are rather basic, but the instructions are simple and it gives a person a place to start on the road to making a legal silencer in the USA. I get a few posts now and then about how things need to be different or that a better silencer (by unknown means) can be made in 3 hours without special tools, but each to their own.

One things that annoys me is people spamming the comments section with links to Prepper's Discount. http://preppersdiscount.com/maglite--adapters.html They have Maglight tubes/adapters and freeze plugs for sale as cleaning gear which to my eyes are obviously better suited as silencer parts. I wrote to the website to ask them to stop spamming if they are able to.

Ranb
SilencerTalk was a place I could disccuss making registered silencers without being told I was a criminal. That is no longer true. http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=99273
BigBoyToyz

Re: Prepper's Discount

Post by BigBoyToyz »

Selling solvent traps that can be disassembled and freeze plugs constitutes constructive possession and is illegal in the states.
Buyers who purchase from the person who have an approved Form 1 from the ATF are completely fine its the sellers that are hurting themselves.
Every now and then I see one of these quick buck salesman and within a year or two they are locked up or given a strict warning/ultimatum that continued business will be prosecuted.
Do some archive searches on ebay, gunbroker, etc the news stories always follow but are a bit late to the game.