New Glock factory threaded barrel pistols

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

dan9591
Silent But Deadly

New Glock factory threaded barrel pistols

Post by dan9591 »

Finally... Only 20 years late to the party...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014 ... rels-17ls/

I wonder if they'll keep the metric pattern or go to 1/2x28...
marcus99
Senior Silent Operator

Re: New Glock factory threaded barrel pistols

Post by marcus99 »

dan9591 wrote: I wonder if they'll keep the metric pattern or go to 1/2x28...
Zooming into the picture of the first G19 on my phone it looks like 13.5x1. I wonder how much extra the threaded barrel option will cost?
DesertRat
Senior Silent Operator

Post by DesertRat »

Good news.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm disappointed that the threaded barrels will not be offered in the Gen 4 guns.

I really prefer the way the Gen 4 guns point compared to the Gen 3.

At least they will offer the threaded barrels again. I'll go that route for a host for my TiRant 9.
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.
Give a man a bank and he can rob the entire world.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Not interested if LH metric.
I also asked about a single-stack 9mm. The representative was suitable evasive: “Who knows what we will have for upcoming products?”
The single stack is only 20 + years late and they lost big $ to others. :roll:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Well this is strange. What's the new parts other than for the 23?

Glock already provides factory threaded barrels for the 17, 19, 21 since 2011 (through Acusport). All metric threaded.

And they work with all generations AFAIK. It works perfectly fine in my gen2 G19.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

rimshaker wrote:Well this is strange. What's the new parts other than for the 23?

Glock already provides factory threaded barrels for the 17, 19, 21 since 2011 (through Acusport). All metric threaded.

And they work with all generations AFAIK. It works perfectly fine in my gen2 G19.
and in my gen4 '19
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
Pman5KMO
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Pman5KMO »

rimshaker wrote:Well this is strange. What's the new parts other than for the 23?

First Glock has made threaded barrels for the 17 longer than that... I have seen several foreign militaries who issue glocks with threaded factory glock barrels and they have had them since pre-2000. It was a military contract for the longest time. Since the brady bill expired in 2004, furthered by popularity in civilian suppressors in the US have they had a market stateside. 2008 is when I first saw a few factory threaded barrels, and I mean batches of 2-3 on sale from larger glock blue label dealers offered with blue label purchases as an accessory... granted this dealer was a large volume stocking glock dealer and also a long time AAC and GemTech dealer and got all sorts of exclusives.

Now I just wish they made a glock 22 factory threaded barrel... not that I have any big issues with the aftermarket threaded barrels (other than they are not melonited and have button rifling, and only because they require more cleaning more often) just prefer using factory parts when possible.

Yes .40 doesn't suppress well, its a larger bore with roughly the same pressure as a 9mm.... but for shooters like me who pretty much can only shoot suppressed due to combat injuries which make earplugs painful and cause problems, and earmuffs are not wearable due to scar tissue, it sucks. Granted this gives me more justification in buying a glock 23... my wife aka household comptroller doesn't agree. Lol.
Suppressors cost less than hearing aids..
DMY
Senior Silent Operator

Post by DMY »

I really hope they offer them in fractional sizes too but I think that's wishful thinking. I bet they stick to only metric patterns.
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

If you buy cans with changeable mounts and pistons it's not an issue.