Any experience at all with "new" AAC 762-SD???

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

bwmartinkc

Any experience at all with "new" AAC 762-SD???

Post by bwmartinkc »

So I am ready to jump into the nfa waters and get my first suppressor. I am planning on a 7.62 can that will be used on 5.56 ARs, 7.62 ARs, 30-06 bolt gun, and 300blk pistol (at some point sbr). While I continue to want a suppressor that is light weight, I think that cost, durability, and (to a lesser degree) suppression are my leading factors- this is mainly because "light weight" and "affordable" do not seem to jive at all.

Right now the can that is the apple of my eye for all of the above reasons is the recently reissued AAC 762-SD. I know they have made several changes to the suppressor, enough so that I do not believe looking at the performance of older models is a fair assessment. It now has fully inconel baffles- which consequently seem to have tacked on a few ounces, and suppression seems to be down by a couple dBs... this is all based on press releases and tiny tid bits of info scattered over the internet. I have yet to find a post where someone has a first hand impression of the suppressor in use.

Now I know the biggest problem right now is that since the re-release happened at the beginning of this year, most people have yet to get theirs out of nfa jail... but has anyone gotten a chance to use one / witness one, or is anyone here an nfa dealer that has tried one out? Any feedback would be appreciated, if all is good with this can I would like to get in on the $200 AAC credit deal that ends the first week of July.
bwmartinkc

Re: Any experience at all with "new" AAC 762-SD???

Post by bwmartinkc »

No one on all of silencer talk has shot through this can?? There has gotta be somebody...
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Has it even been released?

I know they mentioned it at SHOT but they mentioned the 3Lug mount for the TiRant at SHOT a few years ago and owners are still waiting.
bwmartinkc

Post by bwmartinkc »

Bendersquint wrote:Has it even been released?

I know they mentioned it at SHOT but they mentioned the 3Lug mount for the TiRant at SHOT a few years ago and owners are still waiting.
My assumption is yes. They have them in-stock at silencershop.com, and they have been for at least the few weeks I have been looking.

http://www.silencershop.com/shop/aac-762sd/
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

bwmartinkc wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:Has it even been released?

My assumption is yes. They have them in-stock at silencershop.com, and they have been for at least the few weeks I have been looking.

http://www.silencershop.com/shop/aac-762sd/
Form3's take 3-8 weeks.
Form4's take 4-16 months.

My bet is that if they are out there that they aren't in user hands yet.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

I can let you know how they are after the weekend.
bitfi3nd
Senior Silent Operator

Post by bitfi3nd »

Interested too. I'm considering buying 2 of them for my kids rifles.
pneumagger
Silent But Deadly

Post by pneumagger »

I bought one 3 days ago... but I'm not sure they are in hands yet. They only became available about 2 months ago.
I reject your truths and substitute my own realities
pneumagger
Silent But Deadly

Post by pneumagger »

66427vette wrote:I can let you know how they are after the weekend.
If you could compare to a 762SDN6 side by side, it would be greatly appreciated.
I reject your truths and substitute my own realities
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

I took a video . Currently in Alaska for cruise will put up when I get back.