AAC flashhider

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

paltik1

AAC flashhider

Post by paltik1 »

im having a hard time buying AAC fatst attach flashider for M4...for my future M4-2000 can...any tips suggestions where to buy? are they changing designs now? :( please help. thanks
rkh
Silent Operator

Post by rkh »

You have to buy the flash hiders independently from the suppressors?
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

I think he's wanting to share the suppressor among various firearms. That's one of the benefits of the QD systems, you can have one suppressor and several firearms with the QD flash hiders and swap it around easily.

I'm sure Mr. Silvers will chime in shortly about which flash hider you need and where to get them (most likely directly from AAC by calling them).
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

Bookhound has them,he's great to deal with.Got mine a couple days after I ordered it.
paltik1

correct!

Post by paltik1 »

youre absolutely right...i tried calling them once and according to them they are having some modifications ongoing?? any ideas on these mr. silvers? my m4-2000 can is on process right now...and i want toprepare for its arrival.

thanks
Selectedmarksman wrote:I think he's wanting to share the suppressor among various firearms. That's one of the benefits of the QD systems, you can have one suppressor and several firearms with the QD flash hiders and swap it around easily.

I'm sure Mr. Silvers will chime in shortly about which flash hider you need and where to get them (most likely directly from AAC by calling them).
:D :roll: :?
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Real Soon now.
paltik1

any updates?

Post by paltik1 »

any new news/updates on the AAC threaded flash hider? :roll:
cowboy7242001
Silent But Deadly

Post by cowboy7242001 »

These?

caver101
Silent But Deadly

Post by caver101 »

I just want to know when AAC is going to catch up with Surefire and build a brake.

like this:

PPGMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by PPGMD »

You don't really need a brake on a 556 AR, a 308 maybe, but on a 556 it seems like a huge waste if you aren't competing.
"Some day you will wake up next to a woman and she won't scream" - A Buddy From College

Hk USP Tactical 45 + Gemtech Blackside
caver101
Silent But Deadly

Post by caver101 »

I am competing....Thats why I want one.

I have LE buddies all the time shooting with me and they can not believe how much difference my JP brake makes for quicker follow up shots.

Surefire is one step ahead of AAC on this one.
caver101
Silent But Deadly

Post by caver101 »

PPGMD wrote:You don't really need a brake on a 556 AR, a 308 maybe, but on a 556 it seems like a huge waste if you aren't competing.
Please define waste?
PPGMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by PPGMD »

Increased flash both in front of and behind the muzzle, increased noise over even bare muzzle to the shooter, all for just lowering the recoil just a little bit. Cost to benefit isn't nearly as good as when it's applied to higher powered bolt action rifles.

Even for a competitor I don't see the benefit being that great unless you are in the open division.
"Some day you will wake up next to a woman and she won't scream" - A Buddy From College

caver101
Silent But Deadly

Post by caver101 »

Pros: for long range shooting a brake is worth its weight in gold. Being able to spot your own hits or misses for quicker follow up shots is great. Even for short range its great for quicker follow up shots. With brakes like the surefire or JP the bast is directed out to the side so there is nothing obscuring the sight picture (I have photos from a match I shot in showing this too). Sound: well with hearing protection on the difference is negligible and only worthy of silly Internet debate.

Why is flash suppression such a hot topic? I guess 99% of the end users in the civi market will never need a true flash hider.

As for competing....there is a clear advantage to a brake. Shoot enough and you will see.

Only down side is it will be harder to bump fire :lol:

(thanks for having a civilized discussion, don't happen to much around here, LOL)
PPGMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by PPGMD »

Clear advantage depends on whether or not you want to shoot in the open division. Myself I prefer to stay in the tactical division because it presents the best balance of equipment vs cost. I don't need to spend $3k on a open pistol, or $1k on an automatic shotgun loader (along with a $1k shotgun to do with it) when my $900 CZ and a borrowed mossy will work and be competitive.

The sound even with ear pro can be quite loud, particularly with SBR's, it's even worse to the shooters around you. Part of the reason why the bolt guns that I am buying are going to go get threaded almost before I even shoot them.

Flash suppression, true I might not need it, but it's nice to have. Even with a suppressor I can clearly see my flash on most shots, it can get distracting.

Anyways if the muzzle brake is important to you either build two rifles (one for competitions, and another for suppressing), or go Surefire. AAC's 556 line seems to be aimed at the military market.

caver101
Silent But Deadly

Post by caver101 »

Anyways if the muzzle brake is important to you either build two rifles (one for competitions, and another for suppressing), or go Surefire
Thats the problem. I like all my rifles to be the same. My LR comp rifles are built on the same stock, same action with same optics.

I like my ARs to be the same and I want the ability to use the can on any rifle at any time.

I have a M4/SPR can on the way, just looking for a better mouse trap I suppose.
Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Kevin/AAC »

caver101 wrote:I just want to know when AAC is going to catch up with Surefire and build a brake.

like this:

That is a great looking product. But, considering where most of our 5.56mm silencers and flash hiders go...I think building a brake would mean putting the bus in reverse. Big muzzle flash gets dudes shot at...
"Fully welded core!"
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
caver101
Silent But Deadly

Post by caver101 »

As you know Kevin, SF produces 3 different mounts and lets the end user choose what mount he wants. Thats a nice option to have.

Kevin, can I get a blank mount for the M4/SPR can that only has the exterior and bore machined?? I can have my smith machine in a couple ports similar to the JP brake. Is that possible??
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

What is possible is to get an old AAC birdcage A1 and weld a washer on the front.
caver101
Silent But Deadly

Post by caver101 »

rsilvers wrote:What is possible is to get an old AAC birdcage A1 and weld a washer on the front.
LOL, you have got to be joking.

Can you not pull one out of the production line that only has the outside surfaces machined???

edit spelling
C4iGrant
Industry Professional

Post by C4iGrant »

PPGMD wrote:You don't really need a brake on a 556 AR, a 308 maybe, but on a 556 it seems like a huge waste if you aren't competing.
The SF MB556K might be one of the best MB's on the market. It really does its job well and keeps the muzzle from high right. This of course makes for faster follow up shots.

C4
G&R Tactical, LLC
http://www.GRTactical.com
[email protected]
1-888-9GR-GUNS
VSM Regional Instructor
C4iGrant
Industry Professional

Post by C4iGrant »

PPGMD wrote:Increased flash both in front of and behind the muzzle, increased noise over even bare muzzle to the shooter, all for just lowering the recoil just a little bit. Cost to benefit isn't nearly as good as when it's applied to higher powered bolt action rifles.

Even for a competitor I don't see the benefit being that great unless you are in the open division.
Have you ever shot the SF MB556K?

As far as flash, does that really matter if your not shooting a human target that can shoot back? If you are engaging a human target, wouldn't you have the can on the weapon??

Unless your shooting suppressed, after the first round is fired, the gig is up. They know where you are and muzzle flash really doesn't matter.

C4
G&R Tactical, LLC
http://www.GRTactical.com
[email protected]
1-888-9GR-GUNS
VSM Regional Instructor
caver101
Silent But Deadly

Post by caver101 »

Grant, thanks for taking time to talk to me last night. I will be in touch.
PPGMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by PPGMD »

C4iGrant wrote:As far as flash, does that really matter if your not shooting a human target that can shoot back? If you are engaging a human target, wouldn't you have the can on the weapon??

Unless your shooting suppressed, after the first round is fired, the gig is up. They know where you are and muzzle flash really doesn't matter.
For AR's I shoot almost exclusively my SBR AR which has a crap ton of flash even with a flash suppressor, so having a good flash suppressor when I am in situations where I can't put a can on is important to me, even when engaging paper.

Also in 3 gun's putting recoil limiting compensator and ports almost always put you in the open division for all 3 of your firearms. I don't even own a shotgun, I borrow a mossy with just a fiber optic sight on it, and my CZ that I shoot handgun with is for production.

So you can see where I am coming from, putting a brake on a AR seems like a waste to me, not enough recoil to warrant it, and the cons out weigh the benefits. Maybe when I have the money to put a open division guns, and feel like joining the ranks of Red Dot Commanders I might be looking at a Surefire.

caver101
Silent But Deadly

Post by caver101 »

Never shot a match where a brake put you into an open division. Thought divisions were based on optics and caliber when it came to the carbine.

I can not shoot my SBR in matches because I shoot some matches in Alabama. No SBRs in AL. Too big of a hassle to fill out the form to cross state lines as I reside in GA but shoot a monthly match in TN too. So I just stick to a 16" gun.