Specwar 7.62 on M92 Pap

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

scar17

Specwar 7.62 on M92 Pap

Post by scar17 »

Hello

I am trying to run a Specwar 7.62 on my M92 pap. My plan was to use a Kestrel AK but its reviews have made me reconsider. I purchased a thread adapter for (CNC Warrior) 26x1LH to 5/8x24 for mounting the Specwar Trifecta mount. However I noticed that the adapter has significant play (literally jiggles) when mounted to the M92. I am sure to get a baffle strike and the Specwar wasn't cheap. The mount probably works well for mounting a flash hider and or brake. Does anyone know of a company which makes a thread adapter with tight tolerances? Worse case ill have a machinist make one; but I am sure that's going to be expensive.

Video link below; not sure if this forum allows imbedded vids.

http://youtu.be/qjbh4GAw1Cc

Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Re: Specwar 7.62 on M92 Pap

Post by Joker31D »

looking for the same thing, buying one to SBR soon and plan on using it with a Saker 762
Visit my Wounded Hunter Project Blog!
https://woundedhunterproject.wordpress.com/

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

scar17 wrote:Hello

I am trying to run a Specwar 7.62 on my M92 pap. My plan was to use a Kestrel AK but its reviews have made me reconsider. I purchased a thread adapter for (CNC Warrior) 26x1LH to 5/8x24 for mounting the Specwar Trifecta mount. However I noticed that the adapter has significant play (literally jiggles) when mounted to the M92. I am sure to get a baffle strike and the Specwar wasn't cheap. The mount probably works well for mounting a flash hider and or brake. Does anyone know of a company which makes a thread adapter with tight tolerances? Worse case ill have a machinist make one; but I am sure that's going to be expensive.

Video link below; not sure if this forum allows imbedded vids.

http://youtu.be/qjbh4GAw1Cc

I had a mount like that for my ak. Tightened down like you have it was also loose. But I took cardboard an vice grips and torqued it down even harder and had no play. I shot it with a mystic and had not baffle strikes. It ran fine.
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
pneumagger
Silent But Deadly

Post by pneumagger »

You shot a full power 7.62x39mm from a 10" barrel out of a 9mm Liberty Mystic? :shock:

Given that it's got a bore for a .355" projectile, there is certainly more tolerance to accommodate a sloppy mount without a baffle strike than a true .30cal suppressor would have... but I'm just surprised it withstands x39 rounds on such a short barrel without blowing up. Just seems like a terrible idea to me.

I think alot of the problems on the M92 PAP are that the device threads onto the flash hider and is in no way gauranteed to be concentric or even square with the actual bore. Even barrel-threaded AK variants are notorious for having imprecise threading.
I reject your truths and substitute my own realities
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

pneumagger wrote:You shot a full power 7.62x39mm from a 10" barrel out of a 9mm Liberty Mystic? :shock:

Given that it's got a bore for a .355" projectile, there is certainly more tolerance to accommodate a sloppy mount without a baffle strike than a true .30cal suppressor would have... but I'm just surprised it withstands x39 rounds on such a short barrel without blowing up. Just seems like a terrible idea to me.

I think alot of the problems on the M92 PAP are that the device threads onto the flash hider and is in no way gauranteed to be concentric or even square with the actual bore. Even barrel-threaded AK variants are notorious for having imprecise threading.
Manufacture doesn't say that you can't fire 7.62x39 out of a 10 inch barrel. But, it was out of a 16" barrel ak. The mystic is a very tough silencer, it can take a lot.
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

They rate it for full power 300BLK on an 8" barrel. Just take a look at the mystics rating chart.
Member of LSU
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

From what I heard the Mystic is a rifle can in terms of durability but sold as a pistol can. I'm thinking about getting one for my 35 Rem (Subsonic) lever setup.
Visit my Wounded Hunter Project Blog!
https://woundedhunterproject.wordpress.com/

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!