Advice sought on when checks should be cashed

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Advice sought on when checks should be cashed

Post by hardcase »

I received my first two cans, in my hands, last fall. Sent off my forms for two more third week of May 2014. Got my bank statement today and checks have not been cashed yet covering through June 2014. This is almost two months since forms mailed by USPS (not e-mail). I used the same trust I used for my first two cans.

Is this unusual, given the current market?

What should I do?
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Re: Advice sought on when checks should be cashed

Post by rimshaker »

Checks are usually cashed (via ACH) quickly; within 2 weeks. But i've read about incidents where check cashing was random, even all the way to approval date.

If it's been 2 months, give the ATF a call and see if you have pending dates yet.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

I called ATF this AM. The lady that answered the phone said this length of time was not unusual. She said to give it at least 90 days, then call back if the checks have not been cashed.

Really frustrating. :evil:
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

All of my checks have been cashed within two weeks or less but my brother had a check cashed at 10 weeks and three weeks later he had the stamp in hand.
Funny thing is we both mailed in the forms the same day and he still got his stamp a week before me
even though his check cashed so much later.
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

I was told it was totally random.
Visit my Wounded Hunter Project Blog!
https://woundedhunterproject.wordpress.com/

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!