Gen. 4 G 21 slow to return to battery with HEMS II

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

horizonanr

Gen. 4 G 21 slow to return to battery with HEMS II

Post by horizonanr »

The can is well maintained and runs flawlessly on my P220. The Glock however is noticeably slow to return to battery and occasionally needs a tap on the slide to move that last .25" or so to lock up. It's a Storm Lake barrel; the gun runs like a clock with this barrel/no can. I've got roughly 700 rounds of full-power (190 PF) ammo through the gun. I'm guessing that bumping up the weight of the recoil spring assembly is what's called for, but at 30 bucks a pop for the Gen. 4 assembly it's not exactly like buying a spring kit and experimenting to find what works best. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who can shed some light on this for me.
Liberty Suppress

Re: Gen. 4 G 21 slow to return to battery with HEMS II

Post by Liberty Suppress »

Do you have a Recoil Booster between your Glock and the suppressor? If not, that is most likely the issue. This booster effectively disengagfes the suppressor from the barrel to allow the Glock to cycle properly and then re-seats the suppressor for the next round.

Tim @ Liberty
Liberty Suppressors
"Maker of the world's greatest firearm suppressors."
www.libertycans.net
706-661-6911
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Re: Gen. 4 G 21 slow to return to battery with HEMS II

Post by rimshaker »

Avoid riding the trigger (trigger reset). Fully release it after each shot.

And make sure the G21 is clean. Too much carbon buildup around the insides can also cause incomplete lock up.