MAA Video of Daniel Defense ISR, 762-SDN-6, Liberty Leonidas

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

jurist
Silent But Deadly

MAA Video of Daniel Defense ISR, 762-SDN-6, Liberty Leonidas

Post by jurist »

Side by side comparison of the Daniel Defense ISR, Liberty Leonidas integrally suppressed rifle, and an 8" custom Seekins Precision 300 AAC Blackout SBR with AAC 762-SDN-6 Silencer. We felt this video had to be made because we could not find any video comparing these three leading suppressors and no one on Subguns or Silencertalk had any experiences they could share, but please bear with us as we are not video professionals and this video was made in one take. The content is the key.

http://youtu.be/kAlfx5DOtSM
Last edited by jurist on Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
TSI Consulting
GLOCK Certified Armorer
FFL/SOT
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Re: Anyone compared the Daniel Defense ISR to Liberty Leonid

Post by wacki »

Who makes CHF 300 blackout barrels?

$900 MSRP difference? What's the real world price difference?
jurist
Silent But Deadly

Re: Anyone compared the Daniel Defense ISR to Liberty Leonid

Post by jurist »

Daniel Defense makes their own CHF .300blk barrels.
TSI Consulting
GLOCK Certified Armorer
FFL/SOT
jurist
Silent But Deadly

Re: MAA Video of Daniel Defense ISR, 762-SDN-6, Liberty Leon

Post by jurist »

The post above is edited. I posted looking for anyone who had ever shot the Daniel Defense ISR and the Liberty Leonidas and had no luck here or on Subguns so we got some customers together who had them and made a little video. I was hoping the DD ISR would be as quiet or quieter than the LEONIDAS because I think subjectively it looks cooler and I like the steel can versus the aluminum tube, not because it's needed but I prefer steel. The results weren't even close to the shooters and bystanders though.
Logbas34

Post by Logbas34 »

I recall before the edited post you stated you liked the ISR for the looks because the Leonidas wasn't exactly what you were looking for. There is a dealer who I believe partners with Liberty and uses a seekins upper and rails to give it a little more of a sleek look like the ISR. below is mine with with the standard equipment from the company C&H arms In Arkansas Image
jurist
Silent But Deadly

Post by jurist »

That's correct, I did say I like the look of the Daniel Defense ISR a lot more. I actually have a C&H/Liberty Leonidas SBR in stock waiting for transfer to a customer, and it is a very nice looking gun, and have been a fan of the looks and options that the Seekins uppers and lowers have. Its very tempting to get one. I'm still not 100% sure I want to drop this kind of money on a personal gun instead of putting the money back into inventory.

Charles
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

jurist wrote:The post above is edited. I posted looking for anyone who had ever shot the Daniel Defense ISR and the Liberty Leonidas and had no luck here or on Subguns so we got some customers together who had them and made a little video. I was hoping the DD ISR would be as quiet or quieter than the LEONIDAS because I think subjectively it looks cooler and I like the steel can versus the aluminum tube, not because it's needed but I prefer steel. The results weren't even close to the shooters and bystanders though.
The Leonidas uses a titanium tube, not aluminum.
BearTHIS
Silent Operator

Post by BearTHIS »

Logbas34 wrote:I recall before the edited post you stated you liked the ISR for the looks because the Leonidas wasn't exactly what you were looking for. There is a dealer who I believe partners with Liberty and uses a seekins upper and rails to give it a little more of a sleek look like the ISR. below is mine with with the standard equipment from the company C&H arms In Arkansas Image
Liberty will straight up build you a Leonidas on whatever upper receiver and handguard you want (provided the barrel but and tube ID aren't incompatible).

I had them make mine w/ a Mega billet upper and a Seeking MCSR. I was originally going to go w/ an AP Customs carbon fiber and they were fine w/ doing that too.

Here's mine:

Here's a group various Leonidas uppers in different configurations.:
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

I love it how the red headed step child liberty is #1 and the most expensive option is dead last.

Also, how the heck does an integral lose to a QA can?
jurist
Silent But Deadly

Post by jurist »

Bendersquint,
That was my mistake, the tube was definitely not steel, and it looked like it was anodized so I assumed aluminum. Clearly based on what you're saying and having looked back at the liberty website it is titanium. I knew I was positively impressed and here's another reason why, no scrimping on quality materials.
TSI Consulting
GLOCK Certified Armorer
FFL/SOT