F/A rated 9mm pistol cans on F/A M11/9's

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

marcus99
Senior Silent Operator

Post by marcus99 »

Sometimes I see guys ask how well the common 9mm cans that are F/A rated (such as the Octane, Tirant and Mystic) will work on F/A SMG's. I can't speak for Uzi's and MP5's, but today I put together a video of the Octane and Tirant on identical M11/9's. I'm no expert but IMO they both handle it pretty damn well. The Tirant has virtually no FRP, but for an SMG I'd probably prefer the Octane due to cleaning options after shooting F/A. Obviously though nothing beats a proper large volume SMG can; I run a Bowers VERS 9S (2nd video). If you're really interested in additional info on different cans on the M11/9 take a look at the other videos in my channel, some of them are fairly extensive comparison-wise.

M11/9 Magdump
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Re: F/A rated 9mm pistol cans on F/A M11/9's

Post by Emilio »

Still quite the cloud of smoke in vid two (bowers). :mrgreen: stinky FA's.

The SWR shouldn't have much FRP , even on the meter.
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
marcus99
Senior Silent Operator

Post by marcus99 »

Emilio wrote:Still quite the cloud of smoke in vid two (bowers). :mrgreen: stinky FA's.

The SWR shouldn't have much FRP , even on the meter.
Those were my 147gr lead reloads. I was getting gassed real good that day though regardless of the suppressed setup or ammo I was shooting. I guess the weather was conducive to it. My eyes were watering after back-to-back magdumps on the M11/9.
paperhunter
Silent Operator

Post by paperhunter »

Good videos. Nice info to know if a FA ever came into my world. I run an Evo 9 with a tri-lug on my semi SBR Uzi with no complaints.
Veritas
Silent But Deadly

Post by Veritas »

I wish you had an osprey to shoot for comparison, wonder how it compares with the additional volume. Tirant sounded better.