M&P Shield 9mm Threaded barrel?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

M&P Shield 9mm Threaded barrel?

Post by jdasilva »

I can't seem to find anyone selling a threaded barrel for my 9mm M&P shield in 1/2x28.

I did find a company that would extend & then thread it for $150 but thats not what i want. I'm all googled out.

I now there is no practical reason to suppress it but I just love suppressing everything!
huanab

Re: M&P Shield 9mm Threaded barrel?

Post by huanab »

Nothing wrong with extending and threading if you can't find a factory/aftermarket threaded barrel.
ndcajun

Post by ndcajun »

I'd be willing to bet someone will eventually introduce one. I have the same weapon in my safe.... I'd buy a threaded barrel when they finally start offering one.... just a matter of time.
Ash

Post by Ash »

Tornado technologies does good work if you go with extending and threading.
wmdaniel70
Senior Silent Operator

Post by wmdaniel70 »

Tornado Tech has extended and threaded barrels on 3 of my guns, including a M&P Shield 9mm, and all have been great. It's almost impossible to see where the work was done. It's a great option!
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

I didn't want to go with Tornado because I thread my own barrels & I really wanted to have 2 barrels. The stock one for carry & a threaded one for quiet time.

Buying a separate barrel & then spending an extra $150 to extend/thread is more money than i want to dedicate to it. I have SBR'n too do since exile form 1's are taking about a month right now!
huanab

Post by huanab »

having 2 barrels would be nice, but an extra half inch of barrel with a thread protector isn't going to make a big difference when carrying.
jrodicus

Post by jrodicus »

Anyone ever source threaded barrels for the Shield yet?
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

With the SIG 938 coming threaded already, I can't imagine anyone would bother suppressing a Shield. Seems pointless.
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

este wrote:With the SIG 938 coming threaded already, I can't imagine anyone would bother suppressing a Shield. Seems pointless.
a lot of people said suppressing my shotgun was pointless & everyone who shot it loves it

a lot of people said suppressing my mosin was pointless & everyone who shot it loves it

a lot of people said suppressing my AK was pointless & everyone who shot it loves it

a lot of people said suppressing my nagant revolver was pointless & everyone who shot it loves it

a lot of people said suppressing my Glock 26 was pointless & everyone who shot it loves it

a lot of people said SBS'ing my coachgun was pointless & everyone who shot it loves it

a lot of people said SBR'ing my AR15 was pointless & everyone who shot it loves it

If people kept thinking things would be pointless we would have no innovation & still rocking flint locks.
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

este wrote:With the SIG 938 coming threaded already, I can't imagine anyone would bother suppressing a Shield. Seems pointless.

Because not everyone wants to/can run out, and buy a new pistol?
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Hatchetjoe
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hatchetjoe »

Just thinking out loud here but maybe it would be possible t get a full size bbl and fit it the shield, then cutting and threading would be academic.Again just a thought without anything in front of me to look at or measure.
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

Hatchetjoe wrote:Just thinking out loud here but maybe it would be possible t get a full size bbl and fit it the shield, then cutting and threading would be academic.Again just a thought without anything in front of me to look at or measure.
unfortunately it won't work. its not shaped the same
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

jdasilva wrote:
a lot of people said suppressing my shotgun was pointless & everyone who shot it loves it

a lot of people said suppressing my mosin was pointless & everyone who shot it loves it

a lot of people said suppressing my AK was pointless & everyone who shot it loves it

a lot of people said suppressing my nagant revolver was pointless & everyone who shot it loves it

a lot of people said suppressing my Glock 26 was pointless & everyone who shot it loves it

a lot of people said SBS'ing my coachgun was pointless & everyone who shot it loves it

a lot of people said SBR'ing my AR15 was pointless & everyone who shot it loves it

If people kept thinking things would be pointless we would have no innovation & still rocking flint locks.
lol, no one that knows what they are talking about said almost any of those things. Have fun with your time-wasting suppressed shield though. I look forward to posts about what springs or load to get it working.
jrodicus

Post by jrodicus »

Well it comes from the factory with a threaded barrel. Just can't seem to find it available on its own. If I can find one, I'm sure I'll have lots of fun with it. That's what it's all about anyway.
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

este wrote:
jdasilva wrote:

lol, no one that knows what they are talking about said almost any of those things. Have fun with your time-wasting suppressed shield though. I look forward to posts about what springs or load to get it working.

i will
rancilio

Post by rancilio »

OP, did you ever find a threaded Shield barrel? Or did anyone else find one?
A southern Arizona SOT - www.quiettimesports.com
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

We have extended and threaded those and other barrels.

I have yet to see one come factory threaded.
rancilio

Post by rancilio »

Bendersquint wrote:We have extended and threaded those and other barrels.

I have yet to see one come factory threaded.
Thank you, I sent an email to you.
A southern Arizona SOT - www.quiettimesports.com
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

I am glad to see this topic revived. There is a write-up in my last Guns and Ammo glossy about the Ruger American in 9mm. The last thing I need is another handgun but need and want are different. The ability to have a threaded barrel makes it hard to resist.
Killerapplesauce
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Killerapplesauce »

Got all excited tell i saw the price lol but still.

http://www.silencershop.com/s-w-m-p-shi ... arrel.html
Zombie1969

Post by Zombie1969 »

That is pricy. My wife's performance center m&p 9 was 450. If It was me I'd of gotten the 19 but she has small hands.
Killerapplesauce
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Killerapplesauce »

Zombie1969 wrote:That is pricy. My wife's performance center m&p 9 was 450. If It was me I'd of gotten the 19 but she has small hands.
LOL ya i bought my 9mm Shield for $330 and they where selling the 40 cal. Shield for $300. So really isn't cost effective for me hopefully more companies will start making them at a cheaper price.
JeffWard
Silent But Deadly

Post by JeffWard »

Still needs a little breaking in. Having issues going into battery, but that's shooting SOFT 147gr loads. Next range trip, I'm going to pull the suppressor and just run a bunch of hotter 115 grain through it to try to break it in a bit.

SilencerCo Octane 45K, SilencerCo Barrel.

JeffWard