Ruger 10/22 INTEGRAL options

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

BearTHIS
Silent Operator

Ruger 10/22 INTEGRAL options

Post by BearTHIS »

There seems to be a few different styles of integral 10/22's out there.

A) Short barrel (4-5" long) with a long baffle stack permanently attached to bring OAL >16" with a removable tube. The Liberty Pinnacle seems to be one of these. The idea being bulk pack will remain subsonic out the short barrel.

B) A longer barrel (maybe 8"-10"?), that's ported, with a baffle stack close to the length of a typical muzzle can, also a ~16" OAL. The porting keeping bulk pack subsonic.

C) Same as 'B' but ports are threaded allowing the user to block/open them.

All styles appear similar when assembled, essentially what a 10/22 w/ a bull barrel would look like and avoid the SBR stamp. This is exactly the "look" I'm after (already own 2x 22lr muzzle cans, I want something different).

Now for my questions to you guys...

1) Which "style" do you prefer and why (pros/cons would be great)

2) I like the idea of quiet and cheap bulk pack but I also like whatever tiny benefit subs can offer. How would subs perform in these varying styles?

3) Are the threaded ports practical? Is it possible to keep them clean enough that you can still close them off or do they gunk up to the point where that's impossible?

4) I prefer to save weight (even just a handful of ounces), whenever possible, is one design inherently more lightweight than the others?

5) Given what I've described as my preferences, is there a particular model you would recommend.

Like I said, I'd like it to maintain the appearance of a bull barrel as much as possible. Below are the models I'm personally aware of:

Gemtech Mist-22
Thompson Machine Operative
Liberty Pinnacle 2
Huntertown Arms Fusion T22

Thanks
plumber576
Silent Operator

Re: Ruger 10/22 INTEGRAL options

Post by plumber576 »

Another player to maybe add to you list. No experience with them but have recently seen it pop up.

http://gltactical.com/?product=integral ... arrel-only
Last edited by plumber576 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liver
Silent But Deadly

Post by Liver »

I have an older SWR integral. While I don't have specific answers to your questions I do have things to look out for.

The diameter of the integral. Mine is exactly one inch, make it very hard to get stocks for it. All bull barrel stocks are 0.920. I highly recommend getting one in that diameter.

Think about barrel / integral length. If you decide on a stock you love, it may become an SBR. Just think of the future possibilities.

There was a burr on the end of my barrel when it was cut. Resulted in fliers. I had it reworked by cpc (randy) and it is awesome now. Just FYI.

In the end I personally would get an SBR and a quality removable suppressor. It's an additional hassle but I personally think you can then tune the barrel length and get all you want. I DO understand that is not what you asked.
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

I own a Thompson Operative TD and it is fantastic.

Hollywood quiet ,reliable and accurate.
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu