Looking for suppressor suggestion for SIG p516 10” 5.56mm

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

TacRedline

Looking for suppressor suggestion for SIG p516 10” 5.56mm

Post by TacRedline »

Just wondering if anyone has suggestions or is running a suppressor on this weapon.

Some suppressors don't warranty SBRs.

Thanks!

• Gas piston operating system
• Four-position gas regulator
• 5.56 x 45mm NATO

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductD ... brace.aspx
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Re: Looking for suppressor suggestion for SIG p516 10” 5.56m

Post by samson7x »

Check out the Silencerco Saker.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Silencerco Saker and Specwar are both rated down to 7" barrels with 556. And they both have Stellite baffles, currently the strongest material on the market.

The Saker 556 is especially useful on SBRs since it also has a Hoplon baffle that helps with blast erosion.
TacRedline

Post by TacRedline »

thanks.

so this one with a brake yea? the brake will help the longevity of the suppressor , correct? I would rather run a flash hider since I will be doing a lot of unsuppressed shooting...

$550 is nice, my local shot has it for $800

http://www.silencershop.com/shop/swr-specwar/
Deathray
Silent But Deadly

Post by Deathray »

rimshaker wrote:Silencerco Saker and Specwar are both rated down to 7" barrels with 556. And they both have Stellite baffles, currently the strongest material on the market.
Stellite is nothing new and is not just one product. It refers to a family of steel alloys, just like how Inconel is also not just one alloy but rather a similar line of steel alloys. They are just brand names. Not to say that the particular variety of Stellite used in those cans isn't the strongest thing going for baffles, but it's nothing new (outside of suppressor use) and the word doesn't refer to just one thing.

Just a nit pick.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Deathray wrote:
rimshaker wrote:Silencerco Saker and Specwar are both rated down to 7" barrels with 556. And they both have Stellite baffles, currently the strongest material on the market.
Stellite is nothing new and is not just one product. It refers to a family of steel alloys, just like how Inconel is also not just one alloy but rather a similar line of steel alloys. They are just brand names. Not to say that the particular variety of Stellite used in those cans isn't the strongest thing going for baffles, but it's nothing new (outside of suppressor use) and the word doesn't refer to just one thing.

Just a nit pick.
Thanks for clarifying. Yea I realize they're all alloy materials of different grades, some proprietary some not. Unless i'm mistaken, Silco is the only one using stellite baffles right now.
Deathray
Silent But Deadly

Post by Deathray »

I don't think I've heard of anyone else doing it either, and it sounds like a pretty great application for that material to me.
ndcajun

Post by ndcajun »

I went the AAC route with the the AAC M4-2000. They're currently running a "Damn the Man" rebate program... $200 back/credit. I'll be using my rebate for the 51T muzzle brake mount.

I'll be running it on a Daniel Defense MK 18 short barrel.
bayonet14
Silent But Deadly

Post by bayonet14 »

Saker w/5.56 end cap - can run on any of the AAC mounts and locks up tight

This will be the replacement for my m42k and bonus - can run it on 7.62 and keep all my AAC mounts - full of win!

Only downside of the 7.62 Saker is no hoplon blast baffle :(
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

bayonet14 wrote: Only downside of the 7.62 Saker is no hoplon blast baffle :(
Silco explained how it's not needed for the 762. Larger bore aperature and blast chamber dimensions negate the need for the hoplon baffle. It's an upside, not downside, because the hoplon baffle actually increases dB slightly.
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

My vote is for the Saker as well, the damn thing just works. As mad as I want to be at them for employee policies, their stuff just works.
Visit my Wounded Hunter Project Blog!
https://woundedhunterproject.wordpress.com/

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

Any quality 5.56 or 7.62 silencer will work on the OP's rifle. M4-2000, SOCOM-556, Saker, SpecWar, 762-SDN-6, 556 SD, etc. OP, your rifle is pretty run-of-the-mill in terms of suppressor hosts. It's like asking "what is a good brand of tire for the toyota camry?" Pretty much every manufacturer makes something that will fit and work decently.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]