Templar Tactical Ark30 vs. Nemesis30...

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Variable556
Senior Silent Operator

Templar Tactical Ark30 vs. Nemesis30...

Post by Variable556 »

I'm starting to settle on choosing a Templar can for use on my next build, and I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with them. I can't find much.

Anybody here know how they compare soundwise on a SBR AR? It'll be for a 12.5" 6.5 Grendel (hence the .30 bore), but the port noise should be somewhat similar.

Reading through all the numbers on Major Malfunction's site and elsewhere, it seems pretty much all the decent cans tested in the past meter out in the 140's near the shooter's ear. https://www.silencerforum.com/forum/sho ... (16-quot-)

The port noise on an AR looks like it limits how quiet you can go no matter what. With that in mind, I'm wondering if the Nemesis30 would be "quiet enough".

I use an original '06 model AAC M4-2000 (now called M4-1000 I believe) on my 11.5" 5.56, and for my needs it's "quiet enough".

I also use a 762-SD on a 10.5" 6.5 Grendel, and again for my use-- it's "quiet enough".

It would seem obvious that the Ark30 would be quieter overall (between the two), but if the Nemesis30 would have similar port noise levels, then it might be "quiet enough" as-is. If so, then I'd rather have the weight and length savings of the smaller can. I'd hate to order the Nemesis30 and have my bell rung every time I shot it though...

I noticed that AAC's Mini-4 had the lowest port noise (shooter's ear) of all the cans Major metered on a 16" 5.56 in one of his tests, so it would appear that it is possible for a small can to be acceptable. I also noted (in a Silencershop testing vid) that TBAC's PSS seemed pretty darn loud when shot on a 16" 6.8SPC. So there's no real way I could guess based on size either.

Anyone with experience that could make a well reasoned guess between the Ark30 and the Nemesis30?
AAC 762-SD, AAC M4-2000 ('06), AAC TiRant 45, Bowers CAC-9, SWR Trident 9, SWR Spectre, YHM Mite....
Ordering next...?