Which Liberty Mystic parts can be ultrasonic cleaned?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

marcus99
Senior Silent Operator

Which Liberty Mystic parts can be ultrasonic cleaned?

Post by marcus99 »

I'd call Liberty but I figure that they're closed for the labor day weekend. I'm planning to shoot my Mystic wet this weekend and would like to give it a good cleaning afterwards. I know the core and piston can go in the ultrasonic cleaner, but what about the spring and tube lock ring? I know the tube definitely cannot, and I assume the same is to be said for the booster housing and piston retaining cap?
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Re: Which Liberty Mystic parts can be ultrasonic cleaned?

Post by Jt.kline19 »

marcus99 wrote:I'd call Liberty but I figure that they're closed for the labor day weekend. I'm planning to shoot my Mystic wet this weekend and would like to give it a good cleaning afterwards. I know the core and piston can go in the ultrasonic cleaner, but what about the spring and tube lock ring? I know the tube definitely cannot, and I assume the same is to be said for the booster housing and piston retaining cap?
Everything stainless like the core, piston. I believe that all the mounts are all Stainless except the booster. But not the actual body of the booster because it's AL so don't put that part in the Ultra Sonic cleaner. Also don't put the tube in it because it TI.
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
marcus99
Senior Silent Operator

Post by marcus99 »

Yep thats what I think too. Just wondering about the lock ring.
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

marcus99 wrote:Yep thats what I think too. Just wondering about the lock ring.
The locking ring is all stainless, and can be put in the Ultra sonic cleaner. It shouldn't need to much cleaning. Mine has seen a lot of full auto fire and I have never really had to clean the locking ring.
Last edited by Jt.kline19 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
marcus99
Senior Silent Operator

Post by marcus99 »

Well I don't exactly subscribe to the notion of cleaning suppressors often, but after shooting them wet today I felt it was necessary. I haven't had my Mystic for more than a month but I've run it through 9mm (semi & full) as well as a lot of .223 so I figured this was a good opportunity to give it it's first cleaning. The suppressors and host were pretty nasty after 150rds (about 75rds per can). I've never seen that host that dirty even after hundreds of rounds of dry suppressed shooting.

Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

marcus99 wrote:Well I don't exactly subscribe to the notion of cleaning suppressors often, but after shooting them wet today I felt it was necessary. I haven't had my Mystic for more than a month but I've run it through 9mm (semi & full) as well as a lot of .223 so I figured this was a good opportunity to give it it's first cleaning. The suppressors and host were pretty nasty after 150rds (about 75rds per can). I've never seen that host that dirty even after hundreds of rounds of dry suppressed shooting.

Well wet shooting will dirty them up more. The mystic is a great can, best money iv ever spent on a can.
Member of LSU