anyone have issues with hk uspt hosts?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Meatball

anyone have issues with hk uspt hosts?

Post by Meatball »

I purchased a hk usp tactical for a suppressor host and didnt realize hk for some reason doesnt "allow" for most suppressor use other then BT or KAC from my understanding… so hk and there warrenty aside has anyone had issues with hk uspt models? I pretty much just want to shrug my shoulders and use it anyhow but am curious if it was common for that host to develop issues when ran suppressed.

I saw one case from an individual that had a uspt come apart due to suppressor use, guy goes by the name of fireman 1291 i believe… isolated case or something that could be expected eventually from that pistol? again just curious as its not a big deal to set up a different host, just prefer not to wreck a rather pricey pistol if there is a likely hood of issues…. btw I have a 45 octane… LOVE that suppressor!
DarkPhoenix
Senior Silent Operator

Re: anyone have issues with hk uspt hosts?

Post by DarkPhoenix »

That was the first incident that I have heard of. I have about 1000 rounds through my USP 45CT, without issue. I have used both my Gemtech Blackside (no lid) and AAC TiRant.
Meatball

Post by Meatball »

yes this is what I figured… the incident with fireman1291 (youtube name, he documents the issue and shows how much it cost to fix and how hk cs support handled it) long story short the barrel lug went OVER the rsa lug/catch and slammed into the rear of the frame locking the gun up pretty tight…. HK CS said it was due to unauthorized suppressor use… got me digging and found the authorized suppressors are basically just the kac and BT… i figured it would have probably happened with or without the suppressor…crap just happens sometimes, but still had me curious to see if anyone else had a suppressor issue with the hkuspt. Ive only ran about 100 rounds in mine so far and it works perfectly.
HK45
Silent Operator

Post by HK45 »

I shoot HK pistols suppressed and I've had no problems whatsoever.