Full metal jackets and suppressors

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

soul_grind66

Re: Full metal jackets and suppressors

Post by soul_grind66 »

So I know this is change of subject but I'm in the process of developing a suppressor that will accommodate 2-3 different lengths and calibers by just changing out the pistons and baffles for the different calibers on semi-auto handguns, and swapping out the end caps and baffles for other weapon systems. The question I have is on the different baffle types and applications. I haven't tried K baffles yet but that is what I am going to try for handguns. Will the K baffles work just as good on .22 up to .308 weapons?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

soul_grind66 wrote:So I know this is change of subject but I'm in the process of developing a suppressor that will accommodate 2-3 different lengths and calibers by just changing out the pistons and baffles for the different calibers on semi-auto handguns, and swapping out the end caps and baffles for other weapon systems. The question I have is on the different baffle types and applications. I haven't tried K baffles yet but that is what I am going to try for handguns. Will the K baffles work just as good on .22 up to .308 weapons?

What you are suggesting is not legal unless you maintain an 07/02.

You can not have multiple endcaps, baffle stacks or have them built for any caliber other than what it is registered as.

Can't change the length, caliber, baffles or endcaps.

All extra parts after the completion of the 1 registered can is contraband and invites a trip to the FPMITAP.
soul_grind66

Post by soul_grind66 »

It's legal in Wyoming under the Firearm Freedom Act. Under the Act its legal to build a suppressor without the tax stamp or registration as long as it doesn't cross into another state. There are several states that have adopted similar acts and even more that are considering it. The difference with Wyoming is that anyone who tries to infringe on this is punished with Jail time and also a fine whether it be local law enforcement or federal. I have already talked to the Local law enforcement and they said that they will uphold it.
soul_grind66

Post by soul_grind66 »

Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

soul_grind66 wrote:It's legal in Wyoming under the Firearm Freedom Act. Under the Act its legal to build a suppressor without the tax stamp or registration as long as it doesn't cross into another state. There are several states that have adopted similar acts and even more that are considering it. The difference with Wyoming is that anyone who tries to infringe on this is punished with Jail time and also a fine whether it be local law enforcement or federal. I have already talked to the Local law enforcement and they said that they will uphold it.
Oh that issue again.

If local law/gov thinks they can punish the Feds for upholding Federal law they have something coming.

Locals can only ENHANCE fed law, they can't relax it...unless they secede.

If you do this be sure to post about it, show pictures put all the evidence online.....your state will protect you from the Feds. :roll:
soul_grind66

Post by soul_grind66 »

Lol yeah I know its a shady area between state and federal but more and more states are fighting back which gives me hope. I will definitely post updates on it.
soul_grind66

Post by soul_grind66 »

So one more question.....I have a Savage 308 that has a removable muzzle brake but it's on there extremely tight and can't get it off.....any suggestions like heating it up or what not
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

soul_grind66 wrote:Lol yeah I know its a shady area between state and federal but more and more states are fighting back which gives me hope. I will definitely post updates on it.
Thats the thing it is not a shady area. Fight all they want they won't get anywhere as the parent is always higher up the food chain than the child.

Its a Heirarchy.

United States.
Individual States.
Individual Counties.
Individual Cities.

The further down the totem pole the more strict you can get but you can not get more lax.
srs
Silent Operator

Post by srs »

I know that is today's reality, but it is NOT the way the Constitution is written. The founding document limits what the federal government can do, EVERYTHING else is supposed to fall to the states and the people.

Absolutely the opposite of how it stands today.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

What part of "shall not be infringed" is unclear? That means the feds should not be able to create ANY law regarding personal arms. Period. Full Stop. Of course, the individual States, and (depending on state law) counties and cities can create laws regarding firearms.

Of course that won't stop the power mad bunch in DC, they have been eroding the founding documents since nearly the beginning.

/rant
soul_grind66

Post by soul_grind66 »

Yeah it's kinda depressing....maybe I will forget this project.....maybe
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

I would probably be a good idea to read up on Federal Preemption before you decide what the Constitution can and can't do for you. This is why it's still illegal to smoke pot, even in states that have legalized it.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K