What does a booster do. How?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Ky-Moonshiner
Silent Operator

What does a booster do. How?

Post by Ky-Moonshiner »

at the the risk of looking dumb... too late

What is the function of a booster, how does it operate, i understand pisotls with "browning" type actiosn or barrels that move with recoil need them usually... to operate correctly. and pistols with fixed barrels do not.

so i saw the pics of the one that DeGrout manufactures, sorry if i screwd the name up as well its been a while since i read it.

a link wil suffice or a simple explanation, thanks
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Re: What does a booster do. How?

Post by JohnnyC »

Ky-Moonshiner wrote:at the the risk of looking dumb... too late

What is the function of a booster, how does it operate, i understand pisotls with "browning" type actiosn or barrels that move with recoil need them usually... to operate correctly. and pistols with fixed barrels do not.

so i saw the pics of the one that DeGrout manufactures, sorry if i screwd the name up as well its been a while since i read it.

a link wil suffice or a simple explanation, thanks
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muzzle_booster
Golovko
Senior Silent Operator

Re: What does a booster do. How?

Post by Golovko »

Ky-Moonshiner wrote:...so i saw the pics of the one that DeGrout manufactures, sorry if i screwd the name up as well its been a while since i read it...
It's DeGroat. He works with firearms, not bathroom tile. :P