Lightweight 5.56

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Lightweight 5.56

Post by samson7x »

I'm considering another purchase and, having just received a 300TM, have fallen in love with light suppressors. Therefore, I'd like to add a really light 5.56 can to my stamp collection. Having done a small amount of research, I've found a few contenders and would like your input...particularly those of you with experience with these products. I'm looking more toward titanium, and QD is not a requirement. I realize the limitations with Ti and am not concerned. Cost is not important. This will likely go on a 12.5" barrel and semi fire only.

I'm particularly interested in the following:

Liberty Triumph
Gemtech Trek T
Specwar K
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Re: Lightweight 5.56

Post by Capt. Link. »

You might consider a custom built suppressor for your needs.I know of at least one gent that could build you "Der wonder can". If he won't drop me a line.PM sent
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
balloonman75

Post by balloonman75 »

Liberty triumph. have one and love it. no problem with sbr, and will be hard pressed to find one lighter and as effective.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

FWIW, wait for what SIG brings out this fall, releases at SHOT.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

Does it have shoddy-looking cast baffles like their 9mm cans? :lol: Will it be a three-year wait til they hit stores like the MPX? :lol:

OP, if you really need lightweight, you need titanium. Just be aware that it has serious limitations on the 5.56 rifle platform.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
aries14482
Silent But Deadly

Post by aries14482 »

The Saker K with thread-on end should come in under 15oz and have all Stellite baffles, plus allowing you the option to switch it to quick attach later.

I'm really liking the look of that can.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

I'd go with the Trek T from your list. Really I wouldn't get a 5.56 suppressor at all, just another Gemtech Sandstorm.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

aries14482 wrote:The Saker K with thread-on end should come in under 15oz and have all Stellite baffles, plus allowing you the option to switch it to quick attach later.

I'm really liking the look of that can.
Plus another 4oz for the mount.

If you really want light, do not go QD. I'm waiting for AAC to get their s--t together (although that's looking like it'll never happen) for the Ranger3. But like Jason said I'm waiting until SHOT to see what is coming this year. There is almost nothing good out if you want a seriously light dedicated 556 can. I've been around the list and disqualified almost everything out there for one reason or another.