Someone sell me on the Liberty Kodiak TK!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

gfanikf

Someone sell me on the Liberty Kodiak TK!

Post by gfanikf »

I've been looking at the db reduction on both rifles and pistols and I'm very happy with it. It's a little more but it seems like it will last a really long time, is easy to service, and has the superior sound reduction.

I also seem to recall from old posts that a person in PA (I'm from SE PA) is a big Kodiak supporter. I'm also looking at the Element and the Specwar (the latter which is then the Element and Kodiak).

Someone can also feel free to sell me on the Element 2 or Specwar too!
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Re: Someone sell me on the Liberty Kodiak TK!

Post by MJF1911 »

The Specwar is a centerfire rifle can, are you asking about the Spectre II? I have the Spectre II and it is a great can, looking at the specs it is 2 ounces lighter and a half inch shorter. The real selling point for it is the CTA baffle stack. It is stainless throughout so it is easy to clean.

If you are asking about the Specwar, I have two of them and they are very tough to beat for the capabilities and strength.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K
gfanikf

Post by gfanikf »

MJF1911 wrote:The Specwar is a centerfire rifle can, are you asking about the Spectre II? I have the Spectre II and it is a great can, looking at the specs it is 2 ounces lighter and a half inch shorter. The real selling point for it is the CTA baffle stack. It is stainless throughout so it is easy to clean.

If you are asking about the Specwar, I have two of them and they are very tough to beat for the capabilities and strength.
Yep, Spectre II, for some reason I mixed the two up.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Kodiak TL?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

Kodiak TL are quiet, high quality cans. I guess it comes down to what you value the most: Less FRP, or max suppression. I have witnessed a Kodiak TL and Spectre II shot from the same host, one right after the other. From my perspective (right and slightly back from shooter), and from the shooter's and another bystander's, on a pistol, the Spectre II had very little (noticeably less) FRP but the Kodiak TL was quieter from the third shot on.