Should E-Filing a Suppressor take 7 months?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

cvann

Should E-Filing a Suppressor take 7 months?

Post by cvann »

Purchased an AAC M4-2000 from a local dealer back in March - ATF charged my card on March 21st. Dealer is very gruff with short status updates like, "I haven't heard anything yet". Should I be worried? Checking with NFA tracker metrics, I should have had it back in August.... Is there any way for me to check status with ATF personally?
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Re: Should E-Filing a Suppressor take 7 months?

Post by Wahnsinn »

Indeed, call them up, tell them you'd like to check status on a form you've got in. Give them serial #, dealer name, and trust name.

They'll tell you what's up. When it went pending, who it's with, if it's in problem status, whatever.

304-616-4500

Be nice :D
cvann

Post by cvann »

Thanks! Called them up and they couldn't find the serial number in the system... :( The lady said that Form 4's have been offline since April, so she couldn't get the info. Does that sound kosher?
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Post by AlabamaPaul »

You need to email Ted Clutter to see if he can track this down...

ETA: Can you get the eForms Control Number from your dealer?
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

Sounds like it got "lost". I had 3 of mine go in the eFile system before it went down, and I was able to get info on them from NFA Branch. Mine all come in under 100 days.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
cvann

Post by cvann »

Update - my dealer sent me this in an email today after I asked him for the control number:

"I just re submitted it today. Your control number is:XXXXXXXX"
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

Damn
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

How did he do that on a form 4? It is still down. Seems fishy.
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Post by AlabamaPaul »

cvann wrote:Update - my dealer sent me this in an email today after I asked him for the control number:

"I just re submitted it today. Your control number is:XXXXXXXX"
If you don't mind posting and leaving off the last 3 digits, what did he give you for the control number?
telero
Silent But Deadly

Post by telero »

66427vette wrote:How did he do that on a form 4? It is still down. Seems fishy.
I have read somewhere (can't remember where) that if an eform 4 was in draft status when form 4s were taken down, that it might possible to still submit the form at a later time. It seems that form 4 was taken down by making new forms unavailable to be filled out. It would make sense since any that had previously been created were still in the database to be completed, either as submitted or draft forms.

It sounds like the form was filled out, the money paid, but the submit wasn't committed. And since then the dealer was able to view the draft and submit it.

I had a similar issue with a form 1 recently. I created the form, paid, then hit the submit button. But I never got the initial email I expected with a control number. I logged back in the next day, checked my draft folder and it was still there. Opened it up, went to the submit step, and it still showed the money paid. Had to hit submit again, and that time it went through and I got the submitted/in-process email with a control number.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

I don't know a lot about these people but it might be worth reading over http://www.nfatracker.com/
cajunvol

Post by cajunvol »

I just bought my first 2 yesterday and silencershop said they quit efiles in april so they did all the hard copies for me instead. Think it is posted in their shop to. Not sure if that helps.
7mmstw

Post by 7mmstw »

In July, I sent one Form1 in by mail and one by Efile. I got the Efile stamp in 30 days and the other in 90 days. Only ones that I have applied for. Bill