New guy from Kentucky

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

kyswede

New guy from Kentucky

Post by kyswede »

I have been lurking for about 6 month and decided to join up. I currently have a Gemtech Outback IID, a HTA Guardian 22 in jail, and ordered an AAC Ti-Rant 45 today. I have a stainless Ruger MK I I with 5 1/2" threaded bull barrel and a Marlin XT-22 rifle with threaded barrel. I am on a couple of gun forums with the same username.
RPM509
Senior Silent Operator

Re: New guy from Kentucky

Post by RPM509 »

Welcome!
Any plans to form 1 a suppressor by chance?
"a butt tuba" - Palindrome
gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunningbadger »

Welcome! Sounds like a familiar name from KFA and KAC. This place is an excellent resource.
kyswede

Post by kyswede »

RPM509 wrote:Welcome!
Any plans to form 1 a suppressor by chance?
Although I worked in machine shops for 30 years, I no longer have access to machine tools. I would love to have a small lathe and Bridgeport mill in my garage, but don't see that happening. So I am forced to purchase my toys instead of making them.
kyswede

Post by kyswede »

gunningbadger wrote:Welcome! Sounds like a familiar name from KFA and KAC. This place is an excellent resource.
I figured I would see a few locals on here. I have been reading here for several months, usually late at night.
Vividia

Post by Vividia »

Hi Swede and Badger, nice to see some familiar names from KAC :) And hello to everyone else, as well

Since Swede posted up I thought I would too. Like him, I have been a lurker, and find this to be a great resource.

I went the trust route and currently have a Sparrow II in the safe. In ATF jail are a Saker 762, an Octane 45 HD, a Specwar 762 and a Spectre II. I know it's a lot, but these things are addicting and I decided my savings account needed some shaking up. Plus, there are always the expectations out there that the trust rules may change so I am getting most of my heart's desires in motion before that happens. At least, that's my story and I am sticking to it. Remember what I said about addiction?

Thanks to everyone who has posted up all the great information found here!