A reminder about Dicks Sporting Goods

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

A reminder about Dicks Sporting Goods

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Just a friendly reminder before the traditional shopping season kicks off. Remember that Dicks is the corporate sporting goods store that screwed lawful gun owners in the wake of Sandy Hook. They canceled orders for AR rifles and stopped selling all AR type rifles. A practice that they continue today.

That is all, Oh and Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Re: A reminder about Dicks Sporting Goods

Post by Historian »

L1A1Rocker wrote:Just a friendly reminder before the traditional shopping season kicks off. Remember that Dicks is the corporate sporting goods store that screwed lawful gun owners in the wake of Sandy Hook. They canceled orders for AR rifles and stopped selling all AR type rifles. A practice that they continue today.

That is all, Oh and Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Sadly, it again proves that some folks will always remain Dicks.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

I had a part-time, side job working the gun counter at Galyan's 2000-2001 (shortly before Dick's bought out Galyan's). We were told then that Dick is a golf guy and not really pro-gun anyway. We were told to expect to lose all the handguns (at the same time that Bass Pro would begin stocking handguns again, after not doing so for some time).
johnfreeman

Post by johnfreeman »

Dicks is dead!
Most armed, most free.
uisnoisy

Post by uisnoisy »

I was told from a Dick employee that they now own Field and Stream as well.
One more place that neither I, nor my family, will darken their doorway.
dragoon
Silent But Deadly

Post by dragoon »

The last time that I bought ammo there , I had to declare that I was a US citizen on a touch-screen .
uisnoisy

Post by uisnoisy »

dragoon wrote:The last time that I bought ammo there , I had to declare that I was a US citizen on a touch-screen .
At least you didn't have to show and ID.
yellowfin
Silent But Deadly

Post by yellowfin »

I had the distinct displeasure of working for them while the whole thing happened. I told them what they did was despicable, spitting in the face of gun owners and stabbing us in the back, me included being a multiple AR owner and pistol shooter. Managers were Fudds or non gun owners. They didn't like me much after that. I wanted to walk out the door that very day but jobs are tough to come by these days without connections, and I had just moved at the time from way far away so I had nothing on short notice. I got out as soon as I could, and it sucks not talking to people I spent 1 1/2 out of 2 years knowing but someone lacking principles enough to not know right from wrong I have nothing in common with.
"You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's insane!"-- Penn Jilette
http://www.NYShooters.net