NEW GUY TO THE BOARDS

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

GUNHEEP

NEW GUY TO THE BOARDS

Post by GUNHEEP »

Hello
Fng here to the boards..i am a class2/sot and i am looking to get a .22 silencer for my ruger SR22... I am sure this topic has been discussed many times before...but i am looking for the quietest and most reliable 22 suppressor available..i have some critters in my back woods that i would like to keep in check...four-legged...not two-legged critters...
I normally do not use suppressors...i love a flash and a big bang kind-of-guy...
Any help?
I have shot the YHM Wraith..it is pretty quite..and shot the YHM Mite..too loud, but has a nice slim prifile to see over the sights...
I am looking at the following suppressors

YHM STINGER
YHM WRAITH
AAC ELEMENT 2
Silencerco Spectre 22
Gemtech alpine
AWC valkrie 2

I know some are heavier than others due to their construction, such as 17-4 ss, but i am looking at durability, profile, full auto fire, wet & dry and quietness

Thank you
Merry Christmas
Andy
440-525-4689 cel
Tony M.
Silent But Deadly

Re: NEW GUY TO THE BOARDS

Post by Tony M. »

Most people will say "Sparrow" without hesitation.

I've also been impressed by the Tac-Sol Axiom.All SS and titanium, FA rated on rimfire, rated to 5.7, and quieter to my ear when shot next to the sparrow SS.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Sparrow :mrgreen:
Tony M.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tony M. »

rimshaker wrote:Sparrow :mrgreen:
There's one in every crowd.... :P
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

Tough to beat a Spectre II, for all your needs.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
GUNHEEP

Post by GUNHEEP »

Well..i have been doing a little more feild opinion testing, and what i have come up with so far is

Thunderbeast for the quietest sound
Element 2 a few db's louder and durable
Spectre 2 was called a tank...quiet...easy to clean...and can take sustaine full auto

Although i will hardly ever shoot this can FA, i am looking for QUITE...what are your thoughts on this thunderbeast? Never heard of them...good quality? Easy clean? Wet/dry? FA?

Thank you
Merry Christmas
Andy
GUNHEEP

Post by GUNHEEP »

Well i bought two AAC ELEMENT 2 today..i should have them in 3-4 weeks...we will see how quiet they are in person, than in videos..i do not plan on buying another .22 suppressor...only a can for my m14.. Any recomendations?
Merry Christmas
Andy
GUNHEEP

Post by GUNHEEP »

Received my can today..not bad 40 days for the transfer..looks great..now i have to take it out to see what i can do
Happy new year
wtrski76

Post by wtrski76 »

Liberty Regulator. Brand new can - probably the quietest and most durable, however the Spectre II is a very close second.