Ohio passes silencer use for hunting

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

Ohio passes silencer use for hunting

Post by curtistactical »

Ohio has passed the law allowing use of a silencer for hunting. :D Looks like its time for a suppressed marlin 1895 in 45/70
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02
ChimeraPrecision
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ohio passes silencer use for hunting

Post by ChimeraPrecision »

this was up for vote, as of midnight last night this has not approved.

Can you cite your reference to the approval please? I can't wait to hunt with my osprey!
Keep calm, and suppress on
hyrulejedi86
Senior Silent Operator

Post by hyrulejedi86 »

I'd be interested as well to see a link. I know it needed to get through the senate then to the governor. I Doubt it did all that this fast but I'm hopeful it will happen soon.
Louis
Silent Operator

Post by Louis »

The Civil Justice Committee has not voted on H.B. 234. I have been following this daily. If you look under quick links on the The Ohio Senate Page. http://www.ohiosenate.gov/senate/index You will see the committee schedule H.B. 234 is listed for proponent, opponent testimony, possible amendments, and possible vote on December 9, 10, & 11. They list all 3 days because that way it is on the docket. Things are happening fast because this is a lame duck session. So a vote can happen any day. Then it goes to the Senate for full Senate vote. Then to the Govenor's desk for his signature. He has 10 days to sign or veto. If he does neither then it automatically passes. So I would say a minimum of 2 weeks.
Last edited by Louis on Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it."- John Galt("Atlas Shrugged"-Ayn Rand)
curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

Post by curtistactical »

I saw it on my local news this morning, hopefully they knew what they were saying. I tried looking it up now and cant find it online. Boy sure made me look like a jackass. :lol:
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02
curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

Post by curtistactical »

Louis wrote:The Civil Justice Committee has not voted on H.B. 234. I have been following this daily. If you look under quick links on the The Ohio Senate Page. http://www.ohiosenate.gov/senate/index You will see the committee schedule H.B. 234 is listed for proponent, opponent testimony, possible amendments, and possible vote on December 8, 9, & 10. They list all 3 days because that way it is on the docket. Things are happening fast because this is a lame duck session. So a vote can happen any day. Then it goes to the Senate for full Senate vote. Then to the Govenor's desk for his signature. He has 10 days to sign or veto. If he does neither then it automatically passes. So I would say a minimum of 2 weeks.
Thank you, I'm going to call the news station and ask them what they were thinking.
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02